Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 LastLast

Thread: SLJ: The Zero-G Experience [Open][M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Mature, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Once she had set the trio of informants on there next hunt, Zara was left to her own choice of activities in the Scarlett bar. There was luckily no shortage of patrons and she could easily work off her tab in a single shift with how often folks wandered in and out. The only thing that was annoying was the frequency of flirting since the redhead did nothing but encourage such behavior from her customers. They were quite forward with compliments, no matter how tasteless, and even more so with tips. giving the dark haired beauty quite a pocket full of money for herself on top of everything.

Later in the evening, the doors swung open and a pair of figures walked in. One was a dark muscled man with glowing blue eyes and veins all across his form. He kept well dressed however so only the marks framing his face were largely noticeable. What made him not stand out so much however was the other man he was making wagers with about playing pool. The large figure was wrapped in folded up wings like a cloak, but that did little to hide his scaled and crested face, or his even more monstrously clawed hands and feet than Zara's informants. They noticed a new face helping out the long time barkeeper tonight and waited at a pool table to speak to this new girl.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zara checked her pile of tips and shook her head, smiling. An unexpected bounty... she could get some new clothes with this.

She was just wondering about asking Scarlett for a place to sleep when two newcomers entered the bar. Zara had a fright when she saw the scaly giant - memories of the relentless chase from Shi Leung still fresh in her mind. But the other man was like nothing she had ever seen before.

Tired but happy with her night's work, Zara decided it would alright to unwind a little and have some fun. She ordered a beer for herself then wandered over to the pool table.

"You guys look like you play this game well," she smiled.

For some reason, boys always wanted to teach her how to play pool...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Giving Zara a break now that she was finished working, Scarlett went about to close the bar as the pair was met by her. Grabbing a pair of sticks off the wall with his tail, the draconic man turned a unique pair of eyes on her. The left green one and right red one both flashed with a strange ripple of light when landing upon Zara. This felt like a sensation not threatening, more instinctively intrigued if anything.

We have yet to show off to prove such a notion. But if you can see such talent in us already, whose to argue?

I am Vega... and I am much more impressed by your proper word use than that drink, so please feel free to stay or join in. I have to play one against two with them after all.

The dreadlocked man seemed immediately fond of the new ladies vocabulary and graceful more so than the two toned mans piercing gaze on her features. He paused setting up the ball rack long enough to introduce himself as Robert, and his comrade with two voices coming out of one mouth as twins named Orion, and Vega. The most peculiar thing about this scene was that these aberrant men seemed up to nothing more than a humble night of pool and beer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zara cycled through several emotions.

At first the gaze of the dragon-man with two different coloured eyes caused an intriguing ripple of energy to flicker through her body. It was not unlike when Scarlett looked at her. But it was not threatening or unsettling, just... interesting.

He... they? ... spoke with an equally odd double-voice, like a chorus, and introduced themselves as Orion and Vega.

The dreadlocked man called himself Robert and Zara felt a friendliness extend from his gaze, too.

They set up the pool balls and Zara found that despite the extraordinary natures and appearances, they behaved just like regular joes after work, with a bud light and game of pool on their minds. So, she relaxed. It had been a hard day and a long night. She could let her hair down a bit.

She just did not know what to say to get the conversation going.

"Well, nice to meet you. I'm Zara Chang. Do you... err... come here often?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

With the rack set up, the pair looked to her and Orion offered her his stick to break the table. Robert stood by giving his a good chalking as he glanced about the dimming bar, spying no one else around except a few distant all night patrons and Scarlett wiping things down. It was amusing that she could not be more provocative in her posture, even with no audience to entice.

...Often enough to know that you are not a typical employee... Scarlett usually operates alone, so what draws you into such a beguiling position under her?

Vega growled with his lips dripping flirtatious innuendo, making his friend across the table roll his glowing sapphire eyes. He decided to take the first shot at the balls since the red twin was taking his first shot at Zara. The crack of the cue ball flying across the table was typically met with sudden sharp shots against targets, but Robert was not a typical player. His ball bounced off angles in a strange precise pattern, until it wove its way around other balls and hit the one at the far end of the table. It nearly looked like magic how he made it move around everything to his the hardest target.

Im stripes! Better focus on this game or your paying the tab tonight boys! As for Zara, shes the one who got caught up in the fun back in Sanctum city today.

Rigel said keenly as he lined up his next impossible shot. The dark muscled man seemed to be as sharp on his knowledge as he was on his physics. The ploy worked though, getting the twins to turn there eyes from Zara briefly and inspect the table as they waited to see if they would even get a chance to play now that there friend was running away with his game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zara watched as Vega broke the game and her eyes widened. The ball moved in impossible arcs!

She glanced up at him. He must have magical powers, she decided. That will make the game interesting.

Then Rigel began cleaning up the stripes, casually throwing out the comment that he knew of her little... adventure... in Sanctum City.

She froze for a moment, expecting trouble. Glancing around the bar, she realised she was alone with them, except for Scarlett, who was elsewhere in the back cleaning up now.

But the trouble did not come, yet. Relax, she thought. They may have just seen it on the news or something - you did drop a skyscraper crane on Shi Leung, after all.

Even so, she did not really want to spread around who she was and what her troubles may be, just yet. Not to strangers.

"I just got in the way of some bad guys," she said, waving a hand. "There were Sanctum heroes there, which was lucky for me..."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The twins flinched in there posture as they and Rigel both exchanged a smirking glance. While the dreadlocked man was paying more attention to trying to make a clean swap of the table, the red and green man decided to help enlighten Zara as well as seek some enlightenment of his own.

Heheh... you use the "H" word for us then? You must indeed be new in town. Much of the world no longer calls empowered people "heroes" or "villains" since it paints biased views of what they will do with there power. But you were the one caught up in that ruckus today? How did you know Rige?

...Wendy told me, obviously. Just because I no longer run my clinic, does not mean I am unaware of my patients that pass through it. Zara was logged in at the city checkpoint, but the people who attacked her were not...

Indeed, my Lotus informs me that she caught them using shadow magic. Hard to detect something we usually forbid. So why did you attract such unwanted admirers Zara?

The twins wondered as they enjoyed there beer with her since Rigel was hogging the table. It certainly gave her and the fiery pair time to savor each sip as the blue eyed man was like a machine with his shots. It seemed they were not expecting to find her here, or even knew much about her, so it was not on business terms that they were interested in the exotic beauty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wendy... of course. The woman who could split into multiple clones. Zara remembers the clinic. If that was Rigel's place, she owed him a debt of gratitude. She was really starting to warm up to these impressively built men.

Rigel asked her how she got involved in the fight. Zara sighed and put down the bottle of beer.

"When I was a child, in China, I found myself good at gymnastics - I was lighter on my feet than usual. I was enrolled in the Olympic Gymnastic Training programme. It was a great honour for my parents - we were simple people. But it was tough there, the training was harsh. Every day I had to try and perform a standing backflip, if I failed, I was beaten."

She remembered there were good times, too.

"Then, one day, I was concentrating really hard and I just did it... so easily. It was like a power had been unlocked in my mind - I could make gravity lose its grip on my body. The next day, I did a double flip. By the time I was fourteen, I could bounce off the gym's ceiling."

"That's when they knew. Something was special about me. I got recruited into a government spy programme, for mutants. They taught me to infiltrate and steal and... other things.

"Shi Leung was there, too. He was on the Olympic programme as a weightlifter and wrestler. He was so incredibly strong for such a boy, it was clear he was touched by mutation too.

"When they took him into the government mutant programme, we were both alone and scared and... we comforted each other because we were friends from the Olympic training. You could say he was my..." Zara blushed now. "He was first boyfriend.

"But they made him take genetic therapy - reptilian DNA to improve resilience even further. But it reacted badly with his system. He got bigger and bigger and... something happened in his mind. It made him mad... he became abusive and possessive. I had to run away from him."

Tears welled up in her eyes now.

"It's not his fault, you know? They made him a monster. But up there, in Sanctum City... he just would not stop. I had to end it, for him as well as me."

She swigged from the bottle of beer again.

"The shadow-man, Yingzi, he was our boss. He was a cruel man. After the programme disbanded he went rogue, mercenary, and took Shi Leung with him. I think he had some way to control him. Now they work freelance."

Zara looked at her two new friends.

"So, someone paid them to get me. It could be the motherland - China does like to lose her spies. It could be someone from whom I stole industrial secrets in America - revenge. Or it might be personal. I just don't know..."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Seeing that the new girl had much on her mind beyond simply being assaulted on her vacation to the city, Vega leaned back around the archway frame to the pool room, signalling for Scarlett to bring much heavier drink. Rigel gave his shot a little tap but paid little mind to its result as he could see that Zara had much more to say than expected. For just meeting the pair, she seemed insistent on getting things off her shoulders. At least here it was typical of people, and among fellow empowered citizens, she knew that they would hear her out no matter how outlandish it sounded.

...Ahh, yes I remember the reports of that programme shutting down. All of Earth's governments had to stop unethical supernatural testing when the SLJ was formed. I have not met a member of it before today however.

Rigel said standing his cue stick upright and wrapping his arm around it. The twins looked like they had a thought or two as well while passing Zara something stronger that Scarlett had brought over before returning to her work. Vega's scarred red eye smoldered listening about Shi Leung, clearly intent on knowing more about the man and his powers but not expecting to hear about it just now.

So the mortal fools tried to give humans the power of dragons, and then control it afterward? ...Ignorance ...arrogance Even Orion with his magic pact made with me... well, you see the result. Limitless power should never mix with fragile hearts.

Either way Zara, the SLJ will protect you. We will protect you. Don't spend time anywhere alone, or dark, and we will go to Inner Sanctum tomorrow and launch an official investigation together. There's still that other coward hiding out there, and I doubt hes the last one that will be sent after you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zara was reassured by their words, but also a little alarmed.

"Wait... I don't know about an official investigation. I just wanted to be... normal again, you know? This will attract even more attention!"

She thinks about trying the stronger drink but hesitates. Alcohol is like kryptonite to her, and these are still strangers after all. Having a good feeling about them, she decides she wants to change that. She turns to the dragon-like man - or twins?

"Please, tell me about you; your powers, where you came from?"

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 LastLast