Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SLJ: The Zero-G Experience [Open][M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Mature, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Once the barkeeper invited in the ladies and gave them hint to the best informants in the city, she returned to her more intriguing developments. Letting the news station turn on, Scarlett kept her ears on the action unfolding just down the street while keeping her eyes on the short blue figure with a considering gaze. Deciding to give nothing away immediately, she did what all bartenders did best and was perhaps the only true reason they existed, she walked over and leaned in close giving them an ear to talk too.

Well seems like all the fun is not in here for once... But I think I know a good time when I see one. What brings such a lovely menagerie to my little neighborhood? I doubt very much that it is the drink, that can be found anywhere...

Scarlett mused out loud innocently as the news reported on the shaky camera close ups of the Peacekeepers. A towering golden haired man literally glowing with muscles was standing beside a literally inhuman looking creature with a reptilian body and scaled wings. The news was flashing wild reports about things like Mole men, Women reportedly turning things into water, and giant drilled invaders. Somehow all this maniacal news left no impression on Scarlett as the fiery haired woman rested on her elbows with her cheek on her palm and made a lovely frame around her chest.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Daisy & Julie headed towards the indicated people. Daisy stopped short and whispered something to Julie. Julie peeled off and went to the bathroom. Daisy continued to the trio. "The fiery-haired one said I should ask you about the person I was looking for." She held up her phone with the missing person poster. "She needs to go on dialysis soon or she will die. The family is willing to pay for genuine and verifiable information."

Julie, once she was alone and no cameras were visible she turned invisible again. She watched the trio with Daisy. She also kept an eye out for anyone coming near her so as not to blow her position. She would also follow the three if they left and Daisy didn't go with them.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Oh, we just arrived from the airport and yours was the first place we spotted," Tepoztecal replied to Scarlett's question. "Long trip, we were a bit hungry and thirsty while taking in the sights."

She must get hundreds that way, the little blue god mused. So this should be some more of the usual bland conversation that comes in and out of here several times a day.

"So, what's going on outside?" Tepoztecal asked, nodding towards the TV. "This more of the usual excitement or are we just lucky on our first day?"
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRCmdrSheppard View Post
    Daisy & Julie headed towards the indicated people. Daisy stopped short and whispered something to Julie. Julie peeled off and went to the bathroom. Daisy continued to the trio. "The fiery-haired one said I should ask you about the person I was looking for." She held up her phone with the missing person poster. "She needs to go on dialysis soon or she will die. The family is willing to pay for genuine and verifiable information."
    Heading over to the dark corner booth, the pair got a distinct change of feeling in the air. There were no others even in adjacent booths or tables as the hooded trio were given plenty of privacy. They lifted their hoods up and in the dim light Daisy felt herself making out what she could imagine from the silhouettes. If one looked under the table, they would not find shoes or boots, but taloned feet. The one on the right leaned closer to the phone and a forked tongue flicked out of the hood at the phone. The one on the far left slid forth a money tray with a scaled hand. The one in the middle nodded as a hiss escaped its hood.

Taking the payment, Julie watched them file out of the bar through the back door single file as soon as their mission was given to them. Moving with single minded purpose, they slithered out of sight into the alley and the invisible beauty watched them sniff the air with forked tongues. The SLJ may have vast archives of knowledge, but they did not have the resources of the underworld that they tried to hard to stamp out. The Hissers were able to find things no one else could. One leapt down a manhole into the sewers, one snaked up a wall over the top, and the third camouflaged, blending into the buildings almost similar to Julie.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    "Oh, we just arrived from the airport and yours was the first place we spotted," Tepoztecal replied to Scarlett's question. "Long trip, we were a bit hungry and thirsty while taking in the sights."

She must get hundreds that way, the little blue god mused. So this should be some more of the usual bland conversation that comes in and out of here several times a day.

"So, what's going on outside?" Tepoztecal asked, nodding towards the TV. "This more of the usual excitement or are we just lucky on our first day?"
    Nodding appreciatively to the group, Scarlett scanned her eyes across the girls faces as well as taking note of the Hissers departing on another of their informant runs. Seems the pair of ladies would get what they were after the next time they dropped in. Reaching around behind her, the barkeeper turned up the news volume as it seemed she was not hypnotizing the stout blue man with her charm. Another sign he was more than mortal.

Actually its such a rare sight these days... only the extremely dangerous, or stupid dare raise hell in Horzion city. Exhibits A and B here are a good reason why most crime is organized and mannerly these days. But I hope you did not come out here to get the SLJs attention like this?

Scarlett asked while they watched the Peacekeepers investigating. The towering blonde man projected giant mole paws and dove down into the giant hole on screen, while the monstrous green and red man secured the area with magic wards. The barkeeper turned back around to the trio of girls while seeing what her other patrons were getting up to.

Long trip from where dears? You all look nice and hungry indeed. Let me get you all satisfied and we can worry about the tab later...

The barkeeper said taking their menus and retrieving a round of mugs and plates per their orders while the news played out. If nothing else it gave them all time to relax while Tepoztecal and the redhead danced around information.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

As soon as the weirdos took payment Julie followed them. They split up. She tried following the one who didn't jump into the disgusting sewer or climb up a wall but she lost track of him. Julie returned to the bar visible.

"They split up. Lost track of the one I could follow. He turned invisible while I was trying to avoid being detected by some random passerby and I lost the visual." Daisy shrugged. "It wasn't real money anyway. Just some random crap I turned into money. They will get the real money after they provided the intel." Julie looked at Daisy with surprise. "You can create money that is undetectable and we live off whatever money we can scrape together?" Daisy sighed. "Creating that money as I did is technically a crime. I did it only because those creatures wouldn't have done anything without being paid. Just gotta sit here and wait."

Julie sighed. "Fine. I'm going to go get something to drink." Julie walked up to the redhead behind the bar. "Got any decent wine?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The barkeeper tore herself away from the intriguing little patron while they enjoyed their meals and watched the news for a moment. Sliding down the counter a few seats over, Scarlett looked around seeing the trio of informants gone as the Julie approached for some actual business.

Glad to see they could be of service to you dear... I hope I can be as well. Lets give a sample of this bottle and see how much it wets your lips...

*She said sliding a bottle out from under the counter and giving a sample to the blonde beauty. While waiting for her other patron and his trio of girls to mull over their responses and meals, she looked Julie over with a sidelong gaze and said conversationally.

I hope they find your missing girl soon... They can find anyone, but the Hisser's are difficult to negotiate with. Not much for conversation, or socializing for that matter. But they always deliver results, and you and your lovely partner there can come by any time and check to see if they have returned.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Daisy got up, she was looking for something fun to do. She saw a couple. The girl was not hot but cute. The guy was clearly way out of the girl’s league so she must be amazing in other departments. She sauntered up to them. “You want some company.” She wasn’t asking. She set beside the girl at the booth. The girl started to say something but Daisy cut her off with a kiss. The guy started to say something she slid her shoe off and used her stocking covered foot to silence him. She sent a text to Julie to give her a buzz if something happened, she then put her shoe back on. She then left with her two new friends.

Julie looked at her text. “For such a nerd she sure does get plenty of action.” Julie sighed. She took the bottle of wine. She turned around just in time to see the slutty pink princess leave with two people. “Damn slut. I bet that is the only reason she came.” Julie knew better but it made her feel better to say it. She’s flirtatious but that is only to get what she came to steal. When it came to someone she wasn’t trying to get something from she was a awkward and cowardly. She took a large swig from the bottle.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Attention?" the little blue man said faintly. "Why would anyone want to pay attention to us?"

"I'd like a salad," Jin decided, glaring at Scarlet over the top of her menu. "No dressing."
    "Heh, it's not like you have to watch your figure," Bud snorted. "I want the buffalo wings and fries!"
    Jin glared at Bud, then sighed. "And an order of the fried shrimp."
    "I'll take the philly," Brandi said, glancing between the two, "and the beer-battered fries."
    "Oh! I missed those!" Bud declared. "Change my fries to beer-battered too! Oooh, nachos! Nachos too!"

"Let me have an order of sliders and the fried mushrooms on the side," Tepoztecal said, focusing on her face and not what was above it as he handed over the plastic-covered menu. "And another beer, please."

Tepoz glanced up at the television and frowned. How soon would this fight wind up in their lap? And how would the girls react to that?

"Eh, I need a breath of fresh air," the little blue god said, producing a small cigar. "Watch my seat, okay girls? Bud, no arm wrestling."
    "Okay!" the girl smiled.

Tepoztecal slipped off the stool and strode towards the entrance, only to be stopped by Jin. "Do you think that's wise?" she hissed.
    "Can't smoke in here," he shrugged. "Keep an eye on things, okay? There's something weird about this place."
    "You mean besides the bartender?"
    "Yeah. I'll be back shortly. If anything goes wrong, head to the airport."
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-25-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Watching the bold woman named Daisy with a proud little smile, Scarlett entertained the row of ladies by making their order as the redhead leaned upon the counter asking again what brought them all to the city.

Outside in the streets, the action was settling down as people saw no further signs of danger. This was the aftermath phase and the onlookers began to remember there own lives and business finally.
    Tepoztecal having a disadvantageous view could only make out the smokey building and siren lights. Further up close he could see the Peacekeeper questioning the mobster while the police recorded everything. The wounded man sat by his traumatized wife and kid explaining things to the winged green and red figure. The creature was clearly a man, but looked more monstrous than many super villains.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast