Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SLJ: The Zero-G Experience [Open][M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Mature, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default SLJ: The Zero-G Experience [Open][M]

Supernatural League for Justice

With the train station unloading another mob of fresh faces from the airport, the yawning dawn opened up over the peaks of Horizon city. Technically New Horizon city, but even the life long locals consider it the same old bustling hub along the gulf coastline it always has been. among the bobbing heads of tourists and regulars moving among the remodernized streets, one might notice the new architecture woven flawlessly into the old. The humble Earthly designs being carefully replicated in the new skyscrapers towering over the downtown crowning the city center.

Just along the streets waiting outside the train station, keen eyes would notice the nearby skyport that conveniently awaited those transferring through Horizon city to its literally overshadowing sister city of Sanctum. To many, the real attraction hovered up above, miles in the sky over the ocean watching over the world below. The hub of the SLJ, and global haven for all supernatural creatures. Temptingly nearby this station was a popular bar and lounge. The Scarlett bar offered a devilishly convenient place of relaxation and thrills to everyone traveling to and from Sanctum, as well as locals.

As the crowd churned and bustled through the train station, a figure remained motionless like an island among an oblivious sea. Standing in quiet contemplation, the notion of rushing forth to the city above and beyond was brought up. But a many hours long plane flight and delayed train ride from the distant airport was grating. The offer of a quick stop at a bar famous enough to be known among two cities was unmissable. The young face calculating her options and time frame was aware they had a mission to accomplish, but also had a belly to fill. In all this hustle and hurry, others might never even notice if they were hovering several inches off the ground to get a better view of everything.

(The RP is now open for characters to do a hero landing in and start making an impact!)

----------Characters----------

Maya: Zero-G

Sheppard: Atomic Eve

Sheppard: Imperceptible

Enigma: Tepoztecal

Last edited by Corrik55; 04-21-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zara studied the skyline, emotions warring in her heart. Trepidation, excitement, a little fear.

The young gymnast knew that she was fortunate and should give thanks. This opportunity to travel to the SLJ was an unexpected lifeline from a dark place of torment and imprisonment. She had to do her best. She had to prove herself.

Her stomach growled. And I have to eat before that long trip, she decided.

"Check out the Scarlett Bar," the mysterious recruiter had said. "It cannot be missed before you go."

She spotted it across from the station. She had time. Maybe it will be fun?

She skipped light-footed across the concourse and entered...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Moving along the worn smooth sidewalk, there was an unmistakable bright red door standing out against the dark brick wall of the bar as Zara weaved a path in between unsuspecting pedestrians. The doors swung inward and opened up to a dimly lit haze of smoke and alcohol. It was far from the pristine and almost alien cleanliness of what many had come to expect of the modernized city, but it was almost cozy in that fact. The people inside did not want to be confrontational nor be confronted so Zara was able to walk in feeling perfectly unnoticed by everyone carefully avoiding notice of anything going on outside of their immediate table.

Her well trained eyes however could not help but scan the area and detect possible threats. Aside from the wealthy business types looking for some of the much spoken of yet highly secret entertainments rumored to lurk around, there were loads of local workers just enjoying beers and cigars while playing pool or music over cards and tablets displaying the news. In one noteworthy corner, the dark haired woman saw everyone avoiding three almost identical hooded figures sitting together silently without drinks as if in waiting. At the golden lighting of the large bar, a fiery haired woman was acting as the sole staff, tending the bars and walking out orders to tables. Finally at one table beside Zara, a short old man in an oriental monks robe was sat down playing an old gamebuddy handheld version of Pong all by himself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zara took in the scene and bit her lip.

The businessmen's "business" she could guess. As a gymnast she had performed gravity-defying dances for rich men like that in order to obtain secrets before. They loved the exotic.

The hooded ones, she decided to keep away from.

The monk caught her interest, though. When her powers had first manifested, long ago in that cold gym, old Chinese wisdom had declared it was an aspect of Wu Su - the old monks believed that through the power of the mind and sufficient meditation and training, anyone could channel their Chi energy and harness or bypass the laws of nature.

She did not want to disturb his game of pong, though.

Zara wandered up to the bar and tried to catch the attention of the busy, flame-haired lady.

"Umm, bottle of bud light, please?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Leaving the short man to his privacy, and noting the owner of the aptly named bar, Zara wasted no time in getting to the bar and drawing the crimson haired woman's attention. Finding a gap among the row of bold souls who sat directly against her counter, the barkeeper turned around arching a sharp, thin eyebrow at the new face and the corner of her lip twisted upward into a smirk.

One coming right up for you dear... Nice to see a pretty new face around here. Im Scarlett and I hope my little place here has been welcome to an out of towner.

She said knowing well when new blood crossed her threshold. Many of both cities residents had either become regulars or written off ever going to the bar, so the redhead was always keen on another customer to embrace. Once the freshly uncapped bottle was withdrawn from the mysterious ever stocked reserves beneath the bar, Zara had to focus on it directly upon realizing that her eyes had been anchored to the barkeeper the entire time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zara shook her head, unsure what had come over her for those last few moments.

She scooped up the beer and took a sip. Zara had to be careful with alcohol - it was like kryptonite to her.

She smiled at Scarlett. "Thanks for the welcome! I'm on my to the SLJ and someone told me this was the place to stop before I go... if you see what I mean?"

She lowered her eyes, shyly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The bartender set a long nailed hand down on the counter as she leaned in and listened to the young traveler. Scarlett did not have to glance left or right to make sure the others up at the bar were avoiding their conversation. Each one seemed stuck inside their own head until she walked up to draw their eyes up into the real world again.

I see... Another "Empowered Citizen" looking to get registered? Well tell you what dear... I will whip up something to help with the ride up there. Don't worry about the charge, we can put it in your tab.

Scarlett said turning around and popping into the back room while Zara found herself finishing her drink just waiting. It seemed that this was a common way for the barkeeper to hook in new customers as she already had the plate ready to bring out by the time the bottle was done. A hardy northern breakfast was slid in front of her

I've never been, so you will have to tell me what its like up there. I'm always happy to hear from my favorite customers who live in Sanctum, and what goes on with you dear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zara is a little overwhelmed by the big plate of food, especially after the beer, but she likes waffles so tries some of them.

"Wow, thank you... that is very kind. Did you ever have anyone really famous in here?"

She leans closer and whispers. "Is there anyone important in here right now I should know about?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The barmaid tilting her head to the side noticed a patron raising their hand for a refill and gracefully slid the fresh mug down the counter towards them while Zara tried out her food. Hearing the first question, she turned her gaze back upon the dark haired beauty and spread a smile across her lips.

Famous? Why only some of the most prominent heroes in the world frequent my chambers... I am proud to support and entertain some of the founding members of the SLJ, as well as prominent political figures from both cities...

Leaning in closer, her eyebrow arched into a dangerous sharp point as she smirked amused by the second question. Up close in this lighting, even her brown eyes had a very red hue to them. Scarlett thought on the answer as her gaze sadly left Zara for a moment to see who all was enjoying the establishment at the moment.

.....Hmm... If you mean useful, rather than famous, the gentlemen who occupy my corner booth are a trio of top notch informants. For a price, they can find out about anyone in the city. Just so long as you have no qualms working with... inhuman types. And there are a few droll little mob types around, but they bore me. I much prefer my most regular customer Pong over there...

She said reaching an arm out over Zara's shoulder and pointing at the short monk playing an ancient video game. At first it sounded silly, but hearing that he was actually called Pong was not a joke based on Scarlett's expression. She sincerely enjoyed a patron who kept to himself and did not harbor vices like all the others.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Zara Chang made a decision.

"What does Pong drink? Let me buy him a round."

She had a feeling her currency would not be needed where she was going, anyway.

With drink in hand, she approached the table.

"Ummm, Sir? Nin hao." she bowed, using the formal Mandarin greeting when meeting elders.

Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast