Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Dungeon or a Dragon

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Default Looking for a Dungeon or a Dragon

Looking for Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, or other.
    Preferably D&D 5e, PF1e, Or Starfinder.
    Has DMing experience in Pathfinder, knows how to play 5e and Starfinder.

I like Homebrew but can live without it.
    I have plenty of character ideas, but I would like to try the anti-social Tiefling Druid with a pet giant snake I can ride. I can go without the snake.

I'd rather not DM, but I can if need be.
    Really, just looking for anyone who wants to run a D&D game if anyone is interested but doesn't feel like they'd gather interest.
    (you will, trust me).
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I have recently grown quite fond of D&D 5e after being roped into a game during lockdown, but I can foresee it being challenging to run on a forum, since maps are needed if you want to handle movement and positioning properly, and the delays between players posting (minutes at best, more likely hours or days, as opposed to seconds in a regular game) will make combat encounters take forever.

Roll20.com played over a Discord / Skype call can be a good option...but if you start an RPA Roll20 group I am going to make you all sign in blood that you promise to continue writing your other RPs on this forum!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I've been kind of toying with the idea of a D&D session for RPA myself, and one of the other people on here is holding out for it so...I know you'd have two more probably even a DM

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

well, I have a little experience with roll20, and it is nice. And I agree, but someone has run a D&D game here once already.
    and I know people have used google slides for maps instead, and I think it works just fine if people don't mess around.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

For system rpgs like D&D or Pathfinder, people need to agree with which edition you're playing and have access to a book or SRD site.

Hosting sites like Google Apps, Imageshack, etc, are great for reference material, but remember to only post what you have created (like maps) or have permission to share (like a character sheet pdf.)

If you can get yourself and five other players, consider using the Persistent Worlds forum, it gives you up to four subforums you can use to better organize.

If you're not doing play-by-post gaming, try to set up a regular time and day for playing, just as you would if you were gaming in person. We do have a discord server, so consider using that for roleplaying! (Otherwise why did we get it? The memes are nice.) You can still use the OOC forums for recruitment, etc and post your game logs in the IC. (C'mon, we need the views)
    Last edited by Enigma; 01-08-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I would be fine with Pathfinder1e and D&D5e
    Enigma has been looking at the Starfinder books. and I'm cool with that, too.
    Both Piazo (Pathfinder/Stafinder) has an official reference site, and D&D wiki has homebrew from both Pathfinder and D&D5e.
    D&D Beyond, D&D wiki, and 5etools are all good resources for D&D5e.
    and don't forget D20PSFRD.

People do have freeform/post when you can D&D games, and I feel something like that is better done on RPA, but can certainly be done on Discord.
    D20 and Google slides and many other applications can be used for maps.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I am interested in this, yet my experience is with much older D&D playing

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@GodlyD&D;
    you mean like with older people? or with like 2e versions?

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Tales of the Sleeping Dragon

The Meven Emperor Velium decreed that his engineers would build roads to the edges of the empire, mostly so that he could swiftly send troops where they were needed. The roads were unlike anything seen in the world - they were straight, for one, running heedless of any obstacle in their way, large flat slabs of granite carefully cemented on wide beds of gravel that despite the many years since their construction, they are still used today. And along their length were built garrisons of Meven troops, each a day's march from the next.

The Great Southern Road came close to the Misty lagoon, the rich soil and protected waters lending themselves to farms and fishing to support the garrison, so came about the village of Mistwick.

However, when the great barbarian horde descended on Meve, the frightened villagers decided to move out the small islands in the lagoon, away from the shore. The crude huts gave way to more substantial construction, with massive piers being driven into the edges of the islands to support more massive construction, forming the city's channels, with bridges to join the islands groups together.

It existed as its own city-state for many years, despite claims made on it by the Kingdom of Corwen. However, it was the Eastern Empire that would conquer the floating city, with an eye towards sea trade. Under the watchful eyes of the city garrison, the arriving cargos would be loaded into warehouses, then when it was time to form the caravans, the cargo would be loaded onto barges and taken to shore to offload their cargos. With the city's success came schools, guilds, and the industries to support both trade and the city.

While it worked well for several decades, it was cumbersome. Eventually the Eastern empire was able to reclaim ancient Meve - and with it went the merchant lords, their ships and the caravans. With the lost of trade, Mistwick became a shell of its former self, just managing to survive, the garrison reduced to a small force, no longer the plum assignment in the empire. The schools and guilds themselves dwindled but a few yet survive.

And then the Eastern Emperor died. While the eldest inherited, his advisors whispered cautionary tales about the younger brother and how those very same merchant lords might support him in a political coup. It was decided to send the prince elsewhere in the kingdom, someplace distant enough and unimportant that he might not threaten the empire.

Thus, the young prince found himself assigned to Mistwick as its new governor, far away from the scheming couriers and the politics of the court.

Not far from Garrison Island stands the tall tower of Azax, the mysterious wizard, and the adventurer's public house and open guild, the Tavern of the Sleeping Dragon. Rumors are that the cellars of the tower and tavern lead to the underground chamber where one may find the sleeping dragon - few who venture past the warnings are ever seen again. Strange rumblings underfoot seem to support such claims.

Still, it is the Tavern of the Sleeping Dragon where one can hear the stories of the battles and lost treasure among the ruins of the abandoned villas where troops fought.
    Last edited by Enigma; 01-18-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Looks fun
    you running
    are you doing a system or system neutral?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast