Thread: Long time no see! Care to create a fantasy?

TARDIS.... Currently residing in North America
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, horror, mystery, romance, etc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Long time no see! Care to create a fantasy?

Good morning(afternoon/evening/night)!

It's been a while for me, like, four years or so. Life gets in the way, you know how it goes. I've been neglecting the side of me that loves to write. I very much would love to start a story or two, and so I come to you all, asking for a trip to another world, another lifetime, where anything is possible and everything is exciting.

Okay, so, that's my introduction. As I said, it's been a while, but a lot of my preferences haven't changed. I'll give you a bit of a rundown.

1. I'm female, and so I tend to write female better, but I will happily double up with a female and a male character writing alongside a female and male character of your own if you'd be interested.

2. Yes, if you didn't pick it up from the above statement, I do like a little romance in my story. It certainly doesn't need to be the focus, I'm not sure I even want it to be the focus, but it adds spice and drama and I'm simply a sucker for romance.

3. Fantasy. For what I'm in the mood for, it has to be some ssort of medieval fantasy setting. I like horror and action and I am happy to mix most any genre into it, but I want fantasy.

4. Okay I'm not nearly as organized as I want to be, I'm sorta just vomiting words and ideas here and I swear to you I'm a better writer than what's coming out onto this page right now. Please forgive me.

5. Post length, I'm pretty flexible with. It really depends what's going on in the story. I don't like assuming what the other characters will do, so I like giving them room to make their own decisions and affect the plot as they wish. I would say three paragraphs is pretty standard, depending on the situation, though I've been known to write many, many more than that. It depends what is going on and what my character is thinking and if we're having a conversation versus setting up a scene, all that good stuff.

Now for the story itself... Here's where I'm probably really going to sound scatterbrained. We'll talk about the story and what we want to create together. I like world building, I like planning out a story or just letting it run its course. Let's combine a bunch of different stuff together, I am happy with that. Just to give you an idea of what I'm into, I am going to just throw out a bunch of different thoughts about what I like, and you can think about if my interests align with yours at all.

I think I want to kill things. Or at least be able to. Now, I like being a damsel in distress, really, I enjoy being saved by my knight in shining armor, so I enjoy sticky situations where things get ugly and people get hurt, and then we can help each other back to our feet and take care of each other. (aww, so cute, blah blah) but I may be feeling the need to kick butt (I swear, so probably a mature rating). I want to be a GOOD person. I want to save lives, argue with jerks, and also laugh and be human. (Or human ish, I'm not stuck in humanity, I can do were creatures and the like). I want to protect what's mine and fight for what's right.

While that's the type of character I'm probably going to be, that doesn't mean I'm against captivity, hiding, or any other kind of drama out there. I like drama. Let's run the whole gamut. Character growth is great.

Okay, here's some real world stuff (yay TV shows and movies) that I like, so that again, you see my interests. I think I'd rather create my own setting, but I'm not against making original characters and putting them in a premade setting. Let's talk about it.

Shadow and bone
    RWBY
    Castlevania
    Lord of the Rings
    (Now that I've put myself on the spot to come up with things, my mind is blank)
    Horror movies are great too, I like spooky and getting scared. Let's haunt a castle or the woods, let's go for it. Fighting ghosts in the woods? Let's do this! Stalked by bigfoot? What the heck, why not?

Let's create. Send me a message and we'll see if we are on the same page! Ask me questions since I probably forgot to add something here!

Thanks for reading! I hope to hear from you soon!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Mature, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Greetings and welcome back! New face around here but I have been having fun setting up a small selection of my worlds and getting to know new and old members. Sounds like you desire a wide range of scenarios and interactions. Are you hoping to get it all in one, or try out several RPs at once?

This is a very thorough and well thought out explanation, thanks for that! Sounds like you might enjoy some longer and more immersive stories. I have an active open RP going right now, and several just waiting for others to hop in and explore. Please feel free to hop into any if they sounds like what you are looking for, or if there is something a little different that you are craving. I have yet to put up more characters and RPs yet, but there is a gallery of them waiting behind the scenes yet.