Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: Mysteries in the Neighbourhood (M) 1x1 GodlyD&D x Maya

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim told the driver as he stepped out with the broken pole in hand, "Wait right here, I need a look around here, I will make it worthwhile to you."

Jim then went over to that dark van and gave it a good investigation. The license plate matched the number he had written down. There was no activity, doors on it were locked, only the empty front seats were in view. Those who had brought this van here had taken Saori from it. They must have taken her into this nearby empty building. He hurried to the front door. It was a heavy door securely locked, which he could not do anything to. He looked along the front to the side one way. There he saw there was a narrow walks space between it and the building next over, with a fence running between them. Jim went on that way looking for any door or any window that might permit him entrance. Not seeing any, in this very closed off building, he came to the end of that narrow walkway where a fence closed it off from where the alley must be. Thinking there might be some way in still from that back side, Jim worked at climbing over that fence. He was not dressed properly for it but it was not at all the first time Jim hopped a fence. Once on the other side, he looked both ways for anybody that might be around in that alley. He spotted a woman hurrying off a good distance away, she was undressed save for the underwear. She came just then to where the alley opened to the road just there. Jim knew it was her, and called out, "Saori!"

A sound alerted him, it was a door opening from behind that building he had been looking at.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori heard the voice and a rush of emotion almost overwhelmed her. Jim!

She turned and saw the figure in the shadows, near the outer fence. She sprinted toward him and almost collapsed into his arms. "Jim... you came... I knew you would come..."

She was trembling uncontrollably even though nothing had really happened to her yet. The ordeal had left her with a sense of impending doom, at the hands of those vampire creatures.

Then the door opened behind them and... something came out!

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim spun about to face the direction of that door, the sharp broken pole he carried held out toward it. It was much dimmer here, now that it was night, than where the light along the street was reaching, with only where it shone on the tops of buidings along the sides reflecting it, and the gibbous moon, contributing anything for it. Yet Jim saw the man coming out, now with a much paler face that easily reflected back all the available light in that dimness, was the same one who had been on the moving table, where Jim last had seen him, known to be Tom Pierce.

Jim called out to that man, "Tom, what the hell happened? How did Saori get here, and how is it you are here too?"

That man Tom Pierce moved toward them without hesitation. "I did my part, making myself available as I agreed to, though you both interrupted that. It is my turn now. I want blood, and I will get it now!"

Jim said, "You are being controlled, Tom. This is not you living your own choices. You can stop."

"I do not want to stop. I know now why the people we saw wanted blood. It is good to get, and I am wanting it too. I will have it, and both of you who interrupted everything are here, so I can."

Jim held out the broken pole, considering whether he was to use it in defense, against the very one they came to rescue. He thought as Tom came right up to them, as Saori stayed right with Jim. He said to Tom then, "There is blood right there at the end of this that I hold toward you. You want blood so much, it is right there for you."

"That blood? You think I would be satisfied with that little bit? I would still want more even if I took that little bit, and so I would still have blood from you, from both of you."

"Take this first, still!"

"But why? Why is that important?"

"Don't you see? You are under control. We can free you from that. Just take this blood held out to you, now."

Tom was right there. He suddenly grabbed the pole firmly, that Jim had no way to move it, and Tom leaned over, licking over the tip where the blood on it still remained. He licked all he could off. Then he stood, and looking at Jim and Saori, he said, "Well?"

"You were under the control of that vampire master, Kazba. Having his blood now, you are no longer in his control."

Tom stared at them. He said, "You are right. You are right, I was not being myself. I can be much more in control now."

Jim said, "There is a cab waiting in the lot on the other side of this fence. We need to get over it, and catch it for where we need to go."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori stood beside Jim and watched, wide-eyed, as he faced Tom Pierce. The one they had come to rescue was now threatening to drink their blood! She shivered as she remembered being chained to that bed. Was she meant to be the next sacrifice?

But Jim was working hard, trying to convince Tom to lick the pole. She had no idea why he wanted Tom to do that - but knew it must be the blood of the fiend that had attacked them in the movie theatre, and that if Jim wanted it, it must be important.

"If nothing else, take it as just a taster - then you can have my blood!" she stepped forward, offering her neck.

Between them, they managed to convince Tom to take the taste from the pole. And then... it was like a light had finally been switched on behind his eyes. Tom was rational again.

Saori turned and grinned at Jim. "You did it!"

She gave him a hug, then turned back and rushed to Tom, taking him by the hand.

"Welcome back, Tom. I know your mom and dad are really looking forward to seeing you again!"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Saori needed some help getting over that fence, and Jim and Tom assisted her, and they went over it themselves then. Jim said then, "The cab is still waiting as I instructed just past this narrow walkway, and around the corner in that lot. I think we need to go first to your home, Saori. You don't have anything with you, I don't even know what happened to the coat I put over you. So I hope you have extra keys stashed where you can get them and get into your home, and get things to put on and have other things you need. Only then might we go to Tom's family with him."

They came quickly to the other end of the narrow walkway between the buildings toward the lot. Tom said, "I will go meet my family when you take me. But I don't really think they will like me as I am. I am not just the same, even though I am fully in control of myself now."

A yell came from behind them. Someone was calling from the other side of the fence where they had been, "Hey! Where the hell do you think you are going?!"

Jim said, "Let's keep going, now! The cab is there!"

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112