Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mysteries in the Neighbourhood (M) 1x1 GodlyD&D x Maya

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori nodded in understanding and agreement. These images were far too realistic.

She listened as Jim examined the alien face with his typical eye for detail. Then he mentioned the idea they might find some new evidence, and that triggered her analytical mind - shutting down her emotional reaction to the scene.

What is left behind? What could be a clue?

She saw the coat hanging in the corner and her heart skipped a beat. Something so simple, but could yield so much.

She scampered over and searched the pockets...

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

While Saori went to the coat drapped on the coat rack, Jim went to one close by dark pile. With that closer look in this dim light he saw that this was a dark beanbag seat. Another pile of the same size was another one of those. Another smaller pile standing up more was a paper bag that would be from a store. It had things still in it. He kneeled by it, to check its contents.

In this upright bag were an opened chips bag folded shut with half its contents remaining, three small water bottles, a container of tissue papers, and some crumbled up paper wrappings, a narrow paper strip that seemed to be a store receipt, and there was another folded up paper, with writing, but it was way too dim there to see what it was.

Jim took out the papers with writing, and went to another small pile on the floor. He could not tell what it was in this dim light, and he gingerly felt it with one free hand. It was a light shirt left in a crumbled pile. He picked it up, and with the items he went to the door.

Just then, Saori called out, "Oh!" Jim stopped and turned, to look in her direction. She said then, "It's sharp!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori carefully took out the sharp thing in the coat pocket, to look at more closely. She also saw the bag and store receipt Jim had discovered.

"Now, there's a lead. If we go to that store they may remember the people who bought that stuff?"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

As Saori approached the narrow opening that the door was able to permit without the tape in front being removed, where Jim stood where he would look at the writing on the paper he held, he asked her, "What is that you are holding?"

She held the item up when she was closer to the door.

"It is a scalpel?? Is that what you found in the coat? Why would that be there?" Jim's mind raced. Maybe something written on the paper might be connected with this, that could help explain that being found. But when he looked, he just saw a list of names on it. But wait, there were some addresses too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori was as alarmed as Jim at her own discovery. The possible explanations were... disturbing.

"I don't know," she breathed. "But it can't be good!"

She slipped it into a robust plastic bag - not quite an official evidence bag, but close enough to keep it safe and as untainted as possible.

Then she looked at what Jim was holding. She saw the list of names and scanned them for anyone that might be familiar. She was not local to L.A. - or even America - but you never know...

Realisation dawned on her. "Jim, I think we are going to have to look up every single person and address on this list."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim answered, "Of course we will. Do you see whose name is the first on here, at the top? Tom Pierce, the one we are to find, as you had said. This is probably his address with it. It looks like eight other names here besides that, I don't know those names though. We should go to those addresses and talk to whoever we find there. There is real possibility others named here are targeted and would disappear just as Tom Pierce did." He paused, and then said, "I wonder what the officers investigating this place before us found, and took with them, if these were left laying around. Did they take anyone in?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori's eyes widened as Jim directed her attention to Tom's name at the top of the list. A chill passed over her as the private detective mused out loud, like a chip of ice sliding down her back.

"They can't have missed it - the police I mean. That means someone else came back here!"

Saori suddenly felt like it would be dangerous to hang around any longer. "Let's go, Jim. My SLK 400 is parked round the corner. We can try that first address..."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim answered, "Sure, if we have not figured something out from what we have seen here yet we will not figure it out by staying here. We can slip back out through this slightly open door, and we will shut it again. Then you can put these shoes on again, to walk further. But avoid running with them, and please tell me you are not going to drive with these things on."

Jim slipped out through the narrow door opening under the tape over it again, as he held Saori's high heeled shoes, and the papers he had taken to look at, and the light shirt he had found on the floor. For the first time he had a pretty good look at it. It was not dirty as he had expected from a shirt left lying around. But it had streaks of blood on it. And the blood was not left on it from a long time ago.
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 06-11-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

[OO sorry for delay!!]

Saori slipped out of the narrow gap with Jim and gratefully received her shoes back. She leant on him while slipping them back on her feet one at a time.

She smiled with just a little mischievousness at his comment. "You would be surprised how fast I can run in these, and as for driving... of course I can drive in them. Trust me."

She led him through the back alleys of the neighbourhood towards the main boulevard where she had parked. She kept looking over her shoulder, wondering about who they were hunting - and whether she and Jim, in turn, were also being stalked.

She had noticed the shirt that Jim had found - and the stains. Putting that side-by-side with the scalpel in her mind conjured terrible images which she had to shut out for now, as she focused on her immediate concern.

"Here's my car. How far to the first address?"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim said, "You would surely not mean to go to the address of Tom Pierce's family. We already know he is missing and they would have told the officers who spoke with them everything they would know relevant to that. We can sure try the next address linked to the next name on here. We will need to go to Wilshire then." He paused, and then said, "Saori, however sure you are about it, it still bothers me, for reason of the things that I have known to happen. There is no specific law dealing with the issue of driving in high heels. From a legal viewpoint drivers can wear any type of shoes including flip flops, high heels or stilettos while in control of a motor vehicle. Still any shoe that doesn't secure to the heel in some way can cause interference with braking or accelerating. These kinds of shoes can also slip off and become stuck under a pedal, affecting your ability to drive safely. There are many serious accidents from that, some of those I know too well. Indeed it is also perfectly legal to drive barefoot. Your feet seem to be so capable on their own as you dropped down from the roof to the interior of that room we looked into, with just landing on your feet. And they don't seem sweaty. If they are not, I am sure you could handle that with your feet."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast