Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mysteries in the Neighbourhood (M) 1x1 GodlyD&D x Maya

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori gives Jim a very long look.

"I... think you are paying too much attention to my feet. Do you want to drive? Is your car around here? And yes... I meant the first address after Tom Pierce - it was meeting his parents that set me off on this quest."

She remembers their first encounter in the alleyway and softens a little. "Thanks again for coming with me on this, Jim. It means a lot."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim looked carefully at Saori's soft face, and said to her then, "You wanted me to work with you to find Tom Pierce and help to solve this case, because I am a guy who cares. This is me caring. You will hear me say things yet still rather often because I care. And that was my expression caring for you. I don't know how that crossed any lines. If you will, drive on the way I will give directions for, to get to the next address. Of course I will want you to drive carefully there, however you best manage it, which is what I meant to tell you all along."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori took Jim's hand. "Yes, I know you care. Thank you. Let's go..."

She slipped into the driver's seat and while she did wear her heels, she did not race away but drove carefully in consideration of Jim's words. On the way, she began to think out loud.

"You know, Jim, the last time I got involved in something like this, there was a biker gang involved. Devil cult. I know that investigation never went anywhere, but that one drunk biker swore to me there was something from another dimension - some entity... leading the others..."

She glanced across as they stopped at a red light.

"I know, I know... nothing was ever proved. But my point is, there's no biker gang involved this time - the police found no connection. They think it's the kids screwing around. I asked Tom parent's if he was in any occult type thing and they denied it and I believe he wasn't but... I felt like they were hiding something... there's something about that closed Beverly Hills society... maybe it's the parents of some of the other kids? Sometimes super-rich people get into really weird hobbies..."

They came off the main strip. "Where to next, Jim? I don't know this area..."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim answered, "Okay, when you get to South Rampart Boulevard turn north. We are looking for Honeybee Lane. It should be just a couple of blocks up that way."

Jim watched as Saori drove in a leisurely way in the direction he had said. "There, that is Honeybee Lane. Turn that way." He watched for the addresses. "We are close, it should be one of the houses ahead. Not such a bad neighborhood. There, this is the home."

Here was a two story home, from which a large anex with gable arose in the front. In front were flowery bushes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori took in the large houses as Jim directed her. Yes, not a bad neighbourhood at all, she thought. What secrets hide behind these perfect facades?

She parked up in front of the indicated house and took some moments to study its details - checking to see if there was anything unusual or wrong.

She turned to Jim. "Alright then. I guess we go and knock on the door. I'm glad you're wearing your best suit."

She straightened his tie before exiting the Mercedes and walking up to the door.

Last edited by Deleted; 06-20-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim followed after Saori as she came up to the door at the front and pushed at what there was for a doorbell, though nothing was heard then. But still a minute later the door opened. A man of about forty years of age in fit condition in a gray-green sweater appeared at that open door.

Jim spoke right away. "Hello, I am Detective Jim Cunningham and this is Saori Nishimura working with me. Here is my card. You are Mr. Regibald? Do you know about the Pierce family, the quarterback in the family, Tom, of Beverly Hills High, missing now?"

"Yes, I am Mr. Regibald, and that a student at the high school is missing is now in the news, so I know that. What else could I tell you, that you come here?"

"In our investigation we found a list of names on a paper at one scene that was looked at involved with the disappearance. Tom Pierce's name and his address are at the top of that list. The name of your son Gerard appears on that list right after the name of Tom Pierce, with this address shown with it. We believe you should know about this, and any information you might have and share with us about why his name is there or anything further about this list could really help, for his sake and the sake of others, and hopefully for Tom Pierce."

"Oh My! I don't know what to say... except that Gerard has a real interest in cryptozoology, that goes beyond anything like a fad. He claims some of those creatures that are portrayed in cryptozoology are real. Can that be of any importance? He is here, yet. Maybe you want to talk with him."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori listened, impressed, as Jim opened the discussion and won over the man's confidence with the announcement he was a detective. That was so useful. They never trusted journalists so much.

She watched Mr Regibald's face, looking for signs, as Jim explained the list of names and addresses that had brought them here. A spark of fear... or guilt?

Gerard's father spoke of cryptozoology and Saori frowned. What was that - dragons and unicorns and things like that?

It felt like a lead. A very good lead. Well done, Jim.

"Yes, please, Mr Regibald," said Saori. "We would very much like to see Gerard. Before you call him, though, would you be able to tell us where he was last Friday night?"

It was the time of the disappearance. She wondered who else had been in that garage...

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mr. Regibald answered, "Wow! Last Friday, really? You cannot have known this. Gerard was shattered, he came home after his girlfriend broke up with him, soon after school that Friday. He is nearly inconsolable, while we speak to encourage him that there is a whole lifetime ahead and there would be more desirable girls to still meet. I don't see how that would relate to anything else though. I will bring him, if he is willing to come and speak with you."

Jim said still, "One more thing. Gerard is next after Tom Pierce who has disappeared, on the list that was found. It is surely not the only copy, there would be more than one seeking to take the others as Tom Pierce was. For his safety and that of the rest of you, he should remain hidden, meaning here in your home if that is the safest place he would be hidden, or at another place that it would be safer for him to be brought to in hiding, if there is such another place, this address after all is on that list. Absolutely he should be excused from school. You may use my name for reference, in his being excused, I would give good backup for that to his school."

Mr. Regibald said, "I guess maybe you should come inside, and wait here in the visiting room, for him to meet you here then. I will be back right away, hopefully with Gerard coming too."

Jim and Saori still spoke a little, quietly, as they waited, on the sofa in the visiting room they were shown to sit down, to speak with Gerard when they might see him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

When they were alone, Saori turned to Jim.

"You are going to scare them by making them think someone is coming to take Gerard. I understand why you said it - it was right to let them know - but just remember; scared people can panic, make bad decisions..."

She stood and paced up and down before the sofa, thinking. I wonder if this break-up with the girlfriend is genuine?

She turned back to her partner. "Jim, you did great with the dad. Will you let me try with the son?"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim responded, "Gerard's family should be informed to make any good choices if Gerard is in any danger, and as Gerard's name, with this home address, is on that list right after that name and info for Tom Pierce, who is already missing with investigation into that, he is in the same danger. I do not think the risk of panic that leads to bad choices is so great but we can certainly be of help in that case. They do need to be aware, no awareness would leave the real danger unchanged. I still know you are great at asking good questions. So go ahead, it is bound to bring up something."

When Saori sat back down, it was not much of a wait longer. Mr. Regibald returned with good looking woman who looked a little younger than him, and the youth who they understood would be Gerard. He would have been pretty good looking but had a dull sad look on him.

Mr. Regibald said to them, "This is my fiancee Marie, and this is my son Gerard. Can you introduce yourselves to them, and speak to them what you said to me?"

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast