Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mysteries in the Neighbourhood (M) 1x1 GodlyD&D x Maya

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Jim's arrival and shouts were exactly what she needed.

Saori managed to wrench a leg free. She swung it round and kicked one of her captors in the gut. He exhaled and fell, letting go of her arm, leaving only one other gripping it.

She got her hand free, then clawed at another person holding her other arm. Shouts and curses filled her ears. Someone tried to get an arm around her waist. Her blouse ripped and she struggled free. Her shoes fell away.

She did not stop to worry about clothes or shoes, but ran straight for the two monstrous figures leaning over Tom Pierce.

"Stop!" she screamed, launching herself at them...

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim struck out hard at one man coming to put a grip on him, and as another there to help the first came, Jim swung out his elbow back right in under his chin, and with it bashing into him that one fell back. Others there hesitated. He saw then Saori now free running up on the stage at the two men, who had moved the table back across the stage, where he noticed others from the audience seats had moved toward, as if lining up. And that vampire master had entered through the opening within the vortex he had come out from, guiding that young man he held in front of him into it. Without pausing for any hesitation, Jim ran up to the vortex on the stage where the vampire master had gone with the other. He ran through it, and was gone from sight.

One man at the table with the prone man on it looked up at Saori rushing at them. He said right then, "What do you want here, lady? We are all here in this place to partake, from volunteers who come to make an offering here among us."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori snapped round when she heard Jim's voice. "I'm here!" she shouted, but then watched in horror as he disappeared through the vortex.

"Jim!" she screamed after him.

The men at the table before her challenged her. She knew the others were right behind her and she would be captive again soon. She had to think fast.

"Tom Pierce is not a volunteer! Let me speak to him. If what you say is true, then let me hear it from him directly..."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

That one who had asked Saori the question said, "Very well." He turned to the man strapped there, and said to him, "Tell this lady why you are here."

The man strapped there looked at him, and then turned to Saori, and said, with a vacuous look in his eyes, "I am here because I said I was willing to offer blood from me if it was really wanted. And now, I see why it would be. I want to try having blood too."

The man who had first spoken said, "See? He willingly came. And we partake of what volunteers have offered. If you want, get in line. Otherwise you should not be here. Which is it?"

Others came up then. Sheila was there, and she said, "You heard him. Are you going in line then?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"No..." Saori shook her head in denial. "It can't be right... why are you strapped down then?"

She reached for Tom. "Tom, listen to me, they have done something to your mind... try to break free..."

She turned to Sheila. "Please... this is not right. Let me take Tom away from this. That is why I'm here..."

She searches for any sign of Jim returning from the vortex, and wonders, should she try to follow him in?

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Sheila said in surprise, 'You think the volunteer is under some mind-control?! You say he would not volunteer his blood for vampires who would want that? How would you be sure?"

The young man on the table said, "I don't remember why I was strapped here. But why should blood not be volunteered? I think I will want some when someone volunteers theirs."

The man who spoke to Saori earliest said, "She is not getting in line, with partakers, I am sure. The rest of you there should take her aside!"

Suddenly Jim came rushing out of the opening still there. He pulled the other young man who had been guided in there by one hand out from there. He called out to those he saw, in that theater, "You need to get out of this theater right away! Everybody! I mean it! Get out immediately! Now!" He was not waiting, but rushed with that man to the front entrance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori was confused and unnerved by Tom's and even Sheila's words. Maybe they are volunteers - and in control of their minds - but for what reason then were they part of this? What had been promised them? Tom had said he would want some blood when it is volunteered. That meant... he wanted to turn into a blood-drinking monster?

That could not be right.

Then Jim suddenly returned and yelled his warning. Saori knew when to argue, knew when to question more, and knew when to just do what she was told and ask about it later...

She turned to run away from the theatre, suddenly aware a great danger must be approaching. Then she halted and turned back. Tom. She tried to break free of any hands that tried to restrain her and grabbed his.

"Come on, I'm taking you away from this now!"

She attempted to pull him with her...

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jim was far ahead with the young man they said was a volunteer that he was pulling after him, coming to the entrance door where there was that man standing at it.

As Saori pulled the young man on the table, who she realized was Tom Pierce, she realized he was strapped there. The man standing there who had spoken to her said, "Maybe we should really go now."

Another there said, "Why? Because that interferer who came in went through the portal, and came out from there with the orher yelling that?"

Saori was realizing the table moved easily as she pulled Tom toward her. No one right then stopped her.

The first one answered, "Because Master Kazba would be very angry at him taking the volunteer. And if he is really so angry, he would be very destructive, and dangerous."

Saori expected the table to be a difficulty in moving it off the stage. It seemed to roll easily, the covering on the table hiding what was below which it moved on, but it moved without any change past the edge of the raised stage as if floating after her as she kept pulling. She heard Sheila saying right behind her, "I will help for you to get out."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Saori thought about stopping and unstrapping Tom... but he seemed to be in some sort of trance. That could be the only explanation for his words. She could not trust the boy to cooperate in his own rescue! So she moved the strange gliding table.

The words of the others reached her ears. Master Kazba. Her journalist's instincts told her this name was important and she burned it onto her mental hard drive.

Sheila appeared and offered help. Saori was relieved - her appeals seemed to have worked - but she was aware danger stalked them. It was time to get out of there.

"Come on Tom, I'm taking you home," she said through clenched teeth, trying to move the table off the stage and away down the aisle...

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Saori and Sheila were quickly off the stage with the draped table that Tom Pierce was strapped to, and going along the aisle to the entrance door. The man guarding it was resisting, and an altercation started. Jim evaded that man's blows moving swiftly aside as he had lots of opportunity to learn to do, and he struck hard back, knocking the other to the side, and as that one stumbled Jim struck that other one's arm which he grabbed with a swift upward thrust of his leg. Jim left him dealing with his immediate pain as Jim worked the door open again. By the time he did, others were coming quickly behind him, ahead of Saori and those with her, while more people yet came behind them to leave the theater area. The vampire master still hurried out through that vortex opening, storming. "How dare you undermine what I am here for. This is not over!" A blackness descended immediately there, with a blast of a loud noise.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast