Thread: (M)Resolution for the Messed and Mixed Up Alteration(OOC)

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Default (M)Resolution for the Messed and Mixed Up Alteration(OOC)

This is for development to a resolution of great problems started in a thread never coming to that. With this thread I would still take other roleplayers new to this, with their opportunity for choosing any character they would roleplay in it, which they would describe for acceptance in this thread. I roleplay Arapegol, and his discription is an example here for how other characters in this would be described.

Arapegol is at the age of 26 years at the time of this account. He is human, mantype mostly, a quarter elf by descent, a male. He is tall and slim, reaching a little more than six feet in height, with muscular arms and agile legs with strong feet that would never need footwear if they are not available, no facial hair with his tan and yet smooth skin while the head hair is strait, dark blond, with its length coming short of the shoulders. His shirt and trousers under his leathery coat show his preference for green and blue that he would wear. His feet are covered in leathery covering that resemble moccasins. He perceives things in dim light about twice as well as the usual mantype humans, hides much more easily than the other human people, with great agility at climbing beyond normal ability, and highly dexterous.

Arapegol is highly proficient at archery, and charming easily with skillful songs, and having knowledge to thrive traveling on water, with devices or vehicles or needing to swim. He is shy at first but bonding with others after exposure to those who are trustworthy. He dislikes any food not from plants, including fungi like mushrooms, offensive people, and aggressive wild carnivores among the wildlife. He likes any sweet fruits, nuts of various kinds, salads, vegetable soups, good social times, or solitary time, good music, and also gentle animals which he likes to befriend.

Arapegol is useful for recognizing edibles which grow around the land. He can sing well, skillfully charming others. He can commune with spirits, and know things about places, and things about the past, and have limited ability to know some things yet to come.

In the land of Tenoba, a gang was hired a couple of years ago by a wizard, Diragusher, who meant to have the control of that city Erpedoben continue, in the wake of divisive challengers causing instability to it. Those in the gang had passed tests, that limited their membership to the most agile and athletic in the community. When that was found to not be enough, that wizard selected those most trusted to his cause to carry small powerful artifacts, orbs, or rods, each with defining ability for those using them. And they were trained for supernatural activity. But lately there was more trouble heard of abroad. Some would have to be sent off from that community, for dealing with these things, including Arapegol with his friend Eyriconer.

Arapegol carried a medallion of exotic metal on him which identifies his order, that appointed gang. He carried a rod, with a glowing tip, freshly acquired and useful for alteration, and an orb, freshly acquired and useful for teleportation. He had his bag of coins on his belt, and carried the bag with the orb, the rod, a few food items, and a blanket adequate for comfort wherever he might stop.

Arapegol left that city of Erpedoben mostly under control with the supervision of that wizard, commissioned by him and accompanied by Eyriconer of the appointed gang, a slightly younger though large and wider man, in their travel out to where the main road went by the primal forest of deep dark spaces where no people had ever gone. Here there had been disappearances lately, and they were actually the second two sent out from the wizard this way. They would both need the devices they were trusted with, to deal with whatever danger they found in that area.

A monster surprised them on the road where it went along the edge of the forest, shooting a tentacle out and withdrawing Eyriconer before either could react, but Arapegol shot at the monster presumably killing it. But Eyriconer did not respond to his calls and came out no more from there.

After a journey some way beyond the Primal Forest, Arapegol came to another city. He saw an inn, and came to it. Arapegol came in, looked around, and walked to the bar, letting out his grief. He came to some sense, he inquired and received directions to where he could by maps, to help him get his bearing. At this time there a was an attempted robbery on a carriage as it was pulling out. As Arapegol heard noises from that as he was coming to the door of the place where he had bought maps, he saw one of the gang there about to attack a female elf riding her mount from behind, he used the teleportation to cast that attacker far away. He ran to where the robbers were surrounding the carriage, and he cast more far away with teleportation. But just then as one who was leading the robbers held up some crystal gem claiming it was a powerful artifact he would threaten those there with, there was another there with a strange weapon that shot right at that artifact, and it shattered, and that other shot that robber until the robber fell. Other robbers had fallen too. But at the shattering of the artifact a supernatural event happened right then, and the minds of a number of people in that area were swept into others bodies whose minds had also moved to others. The mind of Arapegol went to the body of the woman within the carriage where the robbery was attempted. Others there were affected, some of them the player characters in that unfinished roleplaying scenario, who with their minds in new bodies had to find their original bodies. And so the party of player characters, after the deputies of the law came and there was an account of the events and a reward for dealing with the leading robber, needed to find a safe place for where they would spend the night. They were going to choose a place for themselves. Arapegol though had used the rod of alteration to make a duplicate of his own body on the woman's body his mind was in, went quickly on though to hurry back on the road to his home city Erpedoben, after the rod of alteration was stolen away from him. Along the way he found his friend Eyriconer who had been knocked unconscious but had recently crawled out from that Primal Forest, where he lay along that road, and he helped him up and along the way where he returned to their city, where he was brought to his home. Arapegol went to see the high wizard Diragusher who had appointed them to go.

The wizard Diragusher told him he had information on the artifact that could reverse the exchange of minds, which could be found, and gave instruction to Arapegol for going with more power he would hold. He would have to go back north past the Primal Forest, on his way to seek and acquire that artifact for the reversal, and where he would likely find those characters who had also been altered. Others might go with Arapegol to accompany him.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

For more details, here is the link to the original RP here:
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95857

And for this adventure, I think I shall use my original character. Jaydeen, who was swapped with Nasa
    Characters and information can be found in the link.
    For now, I shall be using the excuse of being separated as to why the others aren't with us.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

This is just a last one of several attempts I have made for starting a roleplaying thread. @Highland Sniper; how long do you wait for getting responses to your original thread for starting the roleplaying thread? I am not active at this time though I have two current roleplaying threads to continue in when they involve me, but that just is not happening at a rate meaningful for me, and two previous roleplaying threads others just dropped from while I was there ready to keep posting. It does not seem that it really should be difficult.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I agree. But we have no idea what is going on in the lives of others.
    Some people may be so busy throughout the day that they need to prioritize and find they have no time, if only for that day.
    And sometimes people run into writers block, or are so stressed about what goes on in life that they find they just can't focus or think about something so small as a roleplaying post. And then there are people who just forget.
    Sometimes I'm forced to wait for weeks for a response before I can continue. But I find it nice when I only need to wait for a few days to a few hours.
    I tend to jump to things promptly when it seems appropriate for me to. And I understand frustration and disappointment when a roleplay is short lived. People get busy, they get stressed, and they forget. It's a sad fact of life.
    I tend to get a little impatient.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

For the characters in the roleplaying there can be description of the characters and a quick story to explain their start in this, in the way I have shown above. The adventure will start in this way, any might join with Jaydeen whose mind is in Nasa's body, if they are not going to travel with me at the start on my character's adventure.

Arapegol, now with more ability to shoot supernatural missiles, was sent to go north from Diodun, the location of which was pointed out to him, further on beyond Quadick where Arapegol and others nearby had been supernaturally changed, but as he did not want to go alone another young man who was apprentice to Diragusher the high wizard in Erpedoben was appointed to go and assist Arapegol. He first went to see his friend Eyriconer, to see how he was doing after having his head hit hard and being unconscious for a while, just the other day. He found Eyriconer resting with good hope for recovery. Arapegol then told him that he was being sent with this other young man from those under the high wizard Diragusher, to find where the amulet that could reverse the effect on Arapegol and others that were in Quadick, which had been stolen from the wizard Jearius when he was killed, would now be. So, he explained, could not come and check on Eyriconer again for a long time, though he hoped for his betterment.

After this he left Eyriconer and with the other who now went with him, Arapegol again carrying his bag with his items and a sharp blade on him that he knew how to use, and the other similarly equipped, they left the city of Erpedoben on the road that went past the dangerous Primal Forest.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Jaydeen took another blind shot at the thing chasing him - her. She was with the others when they were ambushed by tentacles protruding from the forest, dragging the party in. She was able to keep her wits and cut her way free with her shortsword, but her now short elvish body wasn't doing so well being dragged through the dense forest and her forehead was bleeding.

After taking her shot, she ran back the way she thought she came, pulling out her pistols as she did. She started to breath heavy from the exertion as what sounded like a hulking mass followed somewhere behind her in the shadowed forest.