Thread: Vacuum Crows [M]

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atrum Daemon View Post
    That's some delicious expansion on Roland and Surtr's very basic concept
    Oooh. I hadn’t noticed that. Awesome.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dakkagor View Post
    Thankyou! I'll hopefully be able to do the same for a few of the other connections people create as we go.

@Enigma any progress?
    Weight Class: Light Core

Motive systems: Plantigrade

Right Arm: Orion Arms 11-Aught T-2 Laser

Left Arm: Ixis PVP Combat Claw - three long blades project out from the "knuckles", allows the unit to slash or parry at close range.

Right Shoulder: Orion Arms Rapid-Fire Laser Close In Weapons System (RFL/CIWS) - provides point defense against missiles and close targets. Limited kill probability.

Left Shoulder: Mauser Tactical Auto-mortar with twelve shot capacity - available rounds are smoke, diachromic sand, flare, and High Explosive (HE). Diachromic sand is a fine powder that when exploded in mid-air will spread widely, reducing the effectiveness of lasers and acting as chaff for radar. After ten minutes, it is half as effective.

Head: IXIS A19 Armada Command Unit - Combines passive radar, optical and infra-red scanners with active radar. It also has a TopHat-5 Comm module, with radio and laser capacity with integrated Enigma-9 encryption.
    Last edited by Enigma; 06-25-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵďł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hmm, looks like a puckish rogue in a heavy core could be useful if you wanted to add one more to the team.

WIP
    Name: James Arguellyn Pac Callsign: Fridge
    Nation of Birth: Claritas in the Aresian League

Background: Born into the industrial wasteland of Clarites, James quickly learned his way in and out of trouble. Rather than work in the factories or sorting piles of scrap; he helped himself to neglected equipment and materials that wouldn’t be missed and hung around in the filthy bars that factory workers frequented to drown their sorrows to hussle cards, throwing knives or any other scheme he could employ to fill his belly.
    His parents never asked where the meager rations or shiny baubles came from but they never scolded him, though the look his mother gave him with each prize told him she was worried.
    More than a few times he returned to their small hab badly bloody and beaten from not quite being quick enough by tongue or foot but it did little to dampen his spirits.
    For a time whenever a machine broke down, something went missing, or a coating of fluorescent paint had been applied in the night, James’ name was cursed by all affected. Everyone knew he was the culprit, however they could seldom prove it.

The haul of scrap was a big one the day he found his Core. A massive repulsor barge had returned from trawling the expanses of shifting sand loaded with rusted refuse from some forgotten battle who knows how long ago. They must have discovered an abandoned stronghold, because many of the vehicles seemed mostly intact. James couldn’t pass up the chance sneaking onto the barge after it had been left in a salvage yard while the scrappers retired to celebrate.
    He didn’t know what it was when he found it sealed in the cargo compartment of a rusted out transport, but the long metallic box called to him. The message hastily spray painted on its dusty surface had faded but was still legible.
    ‘I quit, take care of Artemis’
    Somewhere in a primal part of his brain, he knew he had finally found something worth doing even before he cracked the crate’s seals.

A small wiry frame at 5’6” and 75 kilos, James’ only feature of note is his boyishly charming face often plastered with a wry smile. His brown hair is often unkempt, though kept short and warm brown eyes dart around, taking in every detail, often betraying when his mind is wandering or hatching a scheme.
    Last edited by Kach; 06-25-2021 at 05:45 AM.
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

@Kach looking good, looking forward to seeing Fridge finished!

@Enigma the core is looking good, just need some story beats for your character and to roll it all together.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Thanks! I am looking forward to this! Let me know if you have any thoughts.
    Updates complete!

Spoiler: James Pac / Fridge and Artemis 
    Last edited by Kach; 07-12-2021 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Requested Changes to Core.

The Last Remembrancer
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

James looks good, though I'm going to limit the howitzer to three shots per battle, simply because its such a beefy gun, and a core should be mixing it up in a brawl, not lurking behind a ridge. However as an opener for an ambush or a utility weapon its perfectly acceptable. I'm also going to say the head slot can keep its targetting system (as it synergises well with the howitzer, and I can already see some interesting team interactions with it) but loses the smoke launchers (as it already has the scrambler.)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

@dakkagor sounds good to me! I will make notes on my end.
    I wanted to have some longer range options as I envisioned being turned into swiss cheese as a slow Core works to get into engagement range in a low cover situation, but blasting people point blank seems more fun. I tried to build more of a party 'tank' to draw attention and fire, that was my primary reason for a heavy core. I am fine with not being a combat super star. :P
    I am open to any other suggestions from anyone.
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hey all, don't want to be a bother, but I am just checking in as it has been about a week since there has been an update. Super excited for this one and I don't want to let it die if I can help it. :P

The Last Remembrancer
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Still live, but might be a little delayed as work is restarting. Expect an update this weekend

The Last Remembrancer
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Right, Enigma is looking good, just need those connections, Kach, make the requested mods and I'll add Fridge to the characters page.

I'm going to work on the opener post tomorrow, hopefully with it going up during the week (?) Dependent on a lot of IRL factors. Anyone who is tempted to jump in, please make a noise NOW so we can work on a character and get you up to speed ASAP.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast