Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (M)Resolution for the Mixed and Messed Up Alteration (GodlyD&D & Highland Sniper) IC

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"No, I don't know what happened." She said still a little dazed, "We got separated."

She tried to rack her brain for what happened and shivered at the tentacles snatching everyone and dragging everyone into the darkness.
    Her forehead was still bleeding as she sat there for a minute.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol took an unused cloth napkin from a pocket, and came to this one appearing elvish but with that Jaydeen's mind within, and said, "We need to have that injury on your head covered, let me put this over it. We cannot just stay here. The high wizard Diragusher who appointed me, and Iperanton here also, had us sent to find Diodun, in a location beyond Quadick. I hope those others were not killed off, I hope they got away, but we must move on and not remain here in this area by the Primal Forest. There was a wizard from whom that artifact that changed us was stolen, and there was another artifact like it, and that can change us all back, this must be found. If those others survived, the bodies for them and for us can be restored, if they did not, I am not as sure, but that was a very powerful artifact that changed us with that great effect, and there were others in that town of Quadick that were effected as well besides those of us who first met, you know. All people who were changed should be changed back if the way for that can be found. Let us go on now."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Jaydeen took a second before nodding and shakily standing up.
    "I fear I may need some help," she said weakly, "This body isn't made for taking hits."
    She gestured to lean on someone. Once she had some support, travel was a little slow, as her injuries made it difficult to move all that quickly.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol answered, when he had gathered up his things and they started going, "Of course. I don't mind assisting you much of that way, and Iperanton can do so whenever I might tire of it. We can see where the city of Quadick is, over there where some bit of it is seen between those hills. I could get there from here in little over two hours myself, but I can walk very fast. I do slow for going with others, as I have for Iperanton, and we will go at a pace that is gradual enough for you. It would take us most of this day to get there, this way. We would then need someplace to stay for the night, then. But you know the places in Quadick, you can help us with finding where we could stop, there. Right? And if you recover well enough, you might want to go on with us to help find that other artifact that had belonged to that wizard from whom that other one that affected us was violently taken."

They walked on at a gradual pace that Jaydeen in this elfin body could manage, still with Arapegol helping to bear it.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol grew more curious after walking in silence quite a while with helping Jaydeen in the female elf body, and he asked, "Were you and those with you on the way to Erpedoben? Or what were doing coming close to the Primal Forest? You are well away from Quadick where I last saw you, and those others you told me had come all this way with you."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Jaydeen nodded, "Yeah, we knew there was a wizard there that might be able to help us." she said, "but it looks like you were ahead of us on that."

She continued to lean on Arapegol for support as they continued to walk, clutching her side as they did as the bruise left there from slamming into trees ached. "I hope we can find them again."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol answered, "I really hope we find those who came with you escaped without harm to them, and even any others there who were changed as we were, without understanding why. Any could be assured we will do all we can for all who were changed this way to be restored. I was changed as you all were, but only have the duplicate now of my original body, through the rod of alteration I had carried until that little hellfiend there with that carriage stole it right from where I carried it and disappeared with it. I would give back Klara's original body if it is possible, while alteration is needed for it, when I would get my original body back. The wizard having the artifacts with that power was killed, and that man you fought had stolen that one. The location of the other is not known, but the wizard had been a little further on from Diodun, beyond Quadick north from here. We have to track down where that other one that can be used to restore us went."

As they continued on, certainly slower than Arapegol could have gone on his own, along that road with thickly growing prickly vegetation along the side of it, they did not go to the pass between those hills where a bit of Quadick was glimpsed further on, but the road as they went on rounded several other low hills, with low grass and widely separated small shrubs on them, until once again Quadick was seen, further on, more in plain view here.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"I hope so," Jaydeen said in response to the hope if the others having been able to survive, "and let's hope we not wait too long to find out."

Going on in their slow pace, Jaydeen's spirits lifted, if only a little at the sight of Quadick.
    "Not much farther then, only a few miles." She said half joking.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol responded, "Well, yes, it would be maybe four miles, or so, still. It won't take much longer, if you could speed up. But I am not convinced that you can, and we will not try to make you do so. It could be midafternoon, or later, when we get there going still at this pace. So it was for this that I said, as you know what is available in Quadick, you can guide us to where we can stay overnight. If you do that for each of us, I will worry about getting meals for all of us. But then I hope you like plenty of vegetables."

There were no people they saw as they kept on along this road, approaching the turnoff to the way into Quadick. Arapegol commented, "For the last couple of years, this road really did not keep being used. That Primal Forest it goes by must have become infested with such monsters only in recent times, it seems."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

After they walked on in silence for a while, Iperanton said, "I knew there was a city way out here where you had been changed, Arapegol, but I don't think there was ever traffic from there, that I know about. Most traffic between Erpedoben and other places is in the other directions from it. It seems that northward it is very sparse country."

They were a little closer to Quadick, and they saw the turnoff to the way into Quadick, and more forested area across in the other way. Arapegol responded, "I remember noting other cities to the north, that are shown on the map I kept and bring along now. Diodun is one of the closer ones of those still."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast