Thread: Space Tramp Interest thread

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Default Space Tramp Interest thread

VSTC - Arcadia X-ray X-Ray Delta Niner Niner Zero, this is Vesta Space Traffic Control, you are clear to go to hyperspace. Acknowledge.
    ARCADIA: Affirmative, Traffic Control. We have situation green.
    VSTC - Niner niner zero, roger. You're looking good for trans-light.

VSTC - Niner niner zero, this is Vesta Space Traffic Control, we have a problem on your vector. Request status check, over.

VFC - Arcadia, this is Vesta Flight Control, you have a course deviation at five mark six. Acknowledge.
    VSTC - Arcadia, we show condition red. Confirm.
    VFC - What's going on out there?

VSTC - Niner niner zero, this is Vesta Space Traffic Control. Be advised you have a serious vector deviation. I repeat: serious vector deviation.
    VSTC - Arcadia niner niner zero, do you copy?

VFC - This is Vesta Flight Control to all ships in sector five. Be advised Arcadia niner niner zero is off course. All ships squawk ident.

VSTC - Starship Arcadia, this is Vesta Space Traffic Control. Squawk ident. I repeat: squawk ident.

It's been seven years since the disappearance of the New Horizons liner Arcadia.

The Sector Governor has awarded Karmon Academy the M-class planet Nyx in a land grant contract - colonization fees would then help support the Academy. While they have an old preliminary survey of the planet, it's decades out of date and has only basic details, so they have decided to do a new survey. They have signed a contract with the Silent Lady, a converted Magellan-class survey saucer that now works as a tramp freighter to take a team of their students and teachers to Nyx so they can inspect it in greater detail, as who knows what sort of surprises this alien world may hold...?
    Last edited by Enigma; 06-19-2021 at 12:52 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

This takes place in the Second Stellar Age. Colonies are independent from their home worlds. Ships travel between stars in weeks rather than decades. Ansibles provide FTL communication between systems is possible, but require good sized equipment rigs and generators. Powerful non-laser energy weapons mounted on large ships and battle machines.

Handheld energy weapons exist. Blasters, tanglers, electrostunners, bass stunners, survival lasers (like bricks with handles).

Standard ballistic weapons exist, either as expensive collector pieces or as cheap replicas used by performers in early colonial re-enactments. Keep in mind that there are few sources for ammunition, especially off-world.

Aircars use cGrav generators to balance gravity, allowing flight. Various generators exist, some powered by water.

Standard field packs include a biomass converter. put plant life in it, give it some time, and out comes something almost, but not quite, unlike anything you've ever tasted. Except for tapioca pudding. Nobody knows why the tapioca pudding tastes like tapioca pudding. There is a separate tank in the biomass converter for holding water it extracts from the plant matter.

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Oooh, I'd love to play as one of the students exploring Nyx! That biomass converter sounds super interesting too.

What pace are you hoping for with this?

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Typically I like two other players to respond before posting again. If two players want, they can do a combined post and each post half.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Count me in.
    Mechanics and engineering student looking to get some field experience. Still knowledgeable, but maybe not as knowledgeable, as others might be about the other sciences. I know enough to know what effects what and how and what will make me sick or kill me and how to prevent that.
    Also has a replica gun hobby (takes blasters or other energy weapons and makes then look like old ballistic weapons). Hobby does include history on war and weaponry on earth and other colonies.

This is just the basis of a character idea I just came up with.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra