Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Awakening (IC) (SecretShadow & Moonlit_fae) [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Default The Awakening (IC) (SecretShadow & Moonlit_fae) [M]

The old wizard lay in his bed. His wrinkled skin damp with perspiration as life slowly ebbed from him. His breaths shallower with each passing moment. A weak, raspy voice came from his paper thin lips. "Jade...."

Jade went to her master. The one who had granted her the gift of life. The jade gemstone fused into her clay body glowed fiercely with lifeforce, tethering her to this realm. She knelt beside him, a small cup in her hands to try and give him water. His weak hand pushed it away gently.

"No my child, it is my time to go. I am to be with my daughter. But you, you will live on for me. My last order to you is to be free and make your life your own." His hand cupped Jade's face gently. Even though she was forged from clay she still resembled a human and her flesh was soft

Jade tasted the word on her tongue as she spoke it. "Free?" As a homunculus she did not know what this meant. Her job was to serve the wizard, her master. What would she do with out him ? "Master, I don't know how to do that..."

"You will find a way. Leave this place and don't look back "

"Is that an order ?", She questioned unsure of her new place in the world. A heaviness fell upon her, dimming the Jade's glow a bit within her chest. Is this what sadness felt like ?

"Yes. My last order is for you to live life to the fullest. Find your own purpose." As his last statement made , the old wizard passed peacefully into the afterlife. His hand fell limp from Jade's face.

Jade sat there as she watched the last gasp of air leave his body. She did not know what else to do, but what he told her to. So she stood up, and walked away. Out from his tower atop the mountains and began to walk. She didn't look back....
    Last edited by Moonlit_Fae; 06-19-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Assassin in the Shadows SecretShadows's Avatar
    Action, fantasy, romance, adventure, anything keeping it interesting.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The forest was quiet today, too quiet even. Not a sound from a bird or even the singing of the wind through the trees. Many found such a thing skeptical, waiting for some attack to happen from something big enough to make the animals flee from the area. Unless that big thing was Markus, it wasn't unusual for it to be this quiet when he passed through. He was a gigantic naga that moved through the threes and rough path in front of him smoothly.

His sword on his side being held in place by the belt that sat around his waist. His dark green eyes scanning the area through most of the wildlife had hurried off upon hearing his large body moving through the area. But he wasn't there to hunt, he wasn't even hungry, he instead just wanted to reach the next down and find another quick job to do for some random person on the street as usual.

His tail slithering over the ground smoothly before coming to a stop as he glanced up at the sky, its silence breaking with the sudden grumble coming from the clouds building up not too far from there. Sighing as he knew that meant a rainy night ahead, he also still had quite some time to go before he would reach the nearest town so finding shelter now became top on his list. With that he glanced around and changed his course, going deeper into the forest instead of following the small trail.

He looked around for a cave of some sorts, knowing the area had quite a few, just as long as he made sure not to go into the territory of monsters. Slowly now moving deeper he kept looking around until he heard something in the distance, he stopped and glanced in the direction bit the thick trees and bushes made it impossible for him to see what it was, so instead, he started moving towards it slowly.

It was hard for him to believe it would be an animal, they tend to run off quickly if they sensed him and he wasn't really being stealthy. Markus frowned as he reached a small clearing and then spotted a figure of what seems to be a human. Strange, humans didn't leave the towns, they especially loved avoiding creatures like himself as well in the wild. "Hello? Is someone there?" He asked with his deep voice, his eyes remaining on the figure while his tail curled into a ball underneath him, waiting for a reply.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The homunculus did not know for how long she had walked. However, it had been dark when she started her master's last order of walking and never looking back. Now the sun shone brightly, must at least be high noon. She did not feel tired, she was not of an organic nature. Sleep and hunger were not things that she knew. Her ming was mostly quiet as well. Every nor and again she wondered how she would find things like "purpose" and "freedom", like her deceased master wanted her to. It was not as easy as picking a berry or gathering water from the well. These were not tangible items. This would be a hard task to fulfill.

As her clay legs carried her some more she entered into a beautiful clearing. It was meadow with grass up to her legs and an array of colorful wildflowers bloomed. Her light brown eyes sparkled in the sunlight as she took in the natural spectacle. Then her heard something to her left. Her eyes took in a large Naga beast. She titled her head slightly, her short black hair tossing to the side, a single braid bobbed next to her head. She was wearing a simple dress and through the fabric her jade jemstone pulsed with light.

"Hello.", she said softly. It was all she could think of to stay. She was naive to the outside world and did not know fear of strangers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Markus stared at the strange woman that stood there, she didn't seem to be from here, but she didn't seem lost either, as if she was just wandering without a destination in mind. He crossed his arms for a moment and frowned as she spoke to him with a simple hello, showing no emotions at all. "Who are you? Are you lost by any chance?" He asked her while he just remained in place tilting his head slightly to the side as his eyes watched her carefully.

Then he noticed the shining stone under her dress, usually stones didn't glow like that unless she was dependent on it. Was she even human? No, she didn't smell as such not behaved like one. He finally relaxed his arms next to him and just moved a bit closer to her while he lowered his body down and he said: "It is not as save traveling here alone, and there is a storm coming so it's wise to find shelter." He paused for a moment and realized he should introduce himself so quickly said: "Oh my apologies miss, I am Markus, I am just passing through on my way to the next town."

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Jade stood there, pondering this creature's questions. She always took the time to respond, especially when it require more than a simple response. Some of these things he was asking her she did not know. Words she had never even thought of now popping into her head. All she had ever known was the old wizard's tower hidden away from the outside world. It appears it is much bigger than she ever could have imagined. What she did know was that as she looked at this indiviudal they had very kind eyes. Maybe that was why she decided to stay and answer his questions rather then continuing to walk as her old master had ordered her to do.

"I'm Jade.", was her first slow response. "One cannot be lost if they are following orders.", she said in automatic response. It was true, it was the last command she had receieved. Maybe this individual could help her find what she needed to. "Hello Markus..." she paused. "What is a town?" Then she continued on. "Storms do not bother me. I use to enjoy watching them from the window in the highest tower...."

"If it is not safe, can I trust you? You seem nice enough. Maybe you can help me find what I am looking for..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Markus looked at this woman with confusion, her responses were odd, the things she asked were so simple he felt like someone living under a rock would know of them, was she really that isolated from the world? He glanced at the sky then back at her before he said: "Well it's nice to meet you, Jade." He sighed as he glanced back at her and said: "A town is a place a group of people or creatures live, it basically has shops for them to get food at and sell things at, while also holding homes they live in, I go find my own work there most of the time." It was quite clear she wasn't human, or really anything but something created by someone else. But what did they send her off to do? Especially when she had this little knowledge of the outside world.

"Yes you can trust me, I don't bite unless attacked first, what exactly is it that you are looking for?" He asked her while he started to slowly slither towards a cave not too far from them. "Look even if you like storms, they aren't nice to be in when you don't have a tower keeping you safe, so rather watch them from in there, it's much warmer." He said while pointing towards the cave.

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

"Oh...", was all she said as she absorbed this new form of information. There was much she did not know about. She did read, but most of it was about magic and herbalism. There was so much she did not know of society and culture. "I would like to visit a town I think. I have a home, I wonder if they look the same. I do not have a need for food though. I can prepare meals. Do you need me to cook for you?" She realized she had offered without thinking. She missed serving someone. Was that her purpose? These thoughts hurt her head.

As she followed him into the cave she continued the conversation. It was nice to let her thoughts come out. "I was told to be 'free' and to find 'purpose'. I do not know what these are. Master gave me a home and told me what I needed to do and now....", she did not know how to continue this strange feeling she felt. These days she was feeling all sorts of things she never had before. "I do not feel the cold." she said matter of factly. "What is trust?", she said as her light brown eyes looked into his.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Markus watched her, yup she wasn't any living being, probably some creation, it was much too clear. "No, I am fine without food for a while, nagas eat around once a week." He told her and shook his head while he said: "Plus you aren't some servant, not to me at least." Making his way into the cave while he listened to her speak, hearing what she wanted to find after her creator most likely told her to. Sighing as he knew that would be a hard task for someone who didn't feel much of this world. It was probably some wizard who ended up dying too and wanted her to not stay in the building all her life.

"Well finding purpose is hard for anyone, as well as freedom, but seeing you don't even know what that means it would be harder, freedom means you don't follow orders from a master, you make your own choices, you don't seem capable of that... You'll probably need someone to train you." He said and glanced at ger while he gathered some lost sticks close to the cave to start a fire. "Plus im going to start a fire anyway, you might not get cold but the cold is a horrible time for me." He said and chuckled a bit before placing the sticks around and listening to the wind pick up. Once the fire is started he just settled in a corner and said: "Trust is something most people actually struggle to do, it is when you believe someone to be telling the truth basically, in this world there is many you shouldn't trust, if I was someone bad I would have hurt or killed you and you would have trusted me without realizing the bad intentions, but luckily I am not so you are fine, but you shouldn't think everyone else is, always look out for who you trust and who you don't."

Fantasy, SciFi, Horror
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The homunculus sat as she watched the Naga beast prepare a fire. She listened to his words, doing her best to soak them up. Her mind was turning the whole time, trying to comprehend. "But..what if my purpose is to serve? That is why I am created. It brings me...I think the word is happiness. I like knowing I completed a task for another. Just because I like to serve doesn't mean I am not free...", she hoped this explanation made sense. "My master gave me a home and companionship. Now I am out here in this world all alone..." Although she did not say it she was happy to have stumbled upon this gentle creature. If what he said was true, she could have been killed by now...

"You say I can trust you, but what if you are just saying that to lure me here?" she was genuinely asking, trying to understand. The exhanges with her master had been so straight forward, but now she had to think about any little thing she did it seemed. Even though she did not need sleep, this would be tiring for her. "Well...I guess I could follow you for a time until I learn my way around and find a new master...."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Markus glanced up at the girl as she spoke about serving being something she liked, he remained practically curled into a ball with his tail and then said: "Everyone serves someone, even I do, I serve others by protecting them against bandits or monsters, it's just what my line of work does... So if that makes you happy trying to find what type of serving you like to do, being a simple maid isn't really hard, royals and nobles are usually always seeking those out, however, some would turn you into a slave, which is not something you want happening, so if you really want to serve someone make sure to find the right person." He picked up a small stick and threw it into the flames.

Hearing her question he started to chuckle, looking at her while he said: "You realize we are in a forest where there is not a person in a mile radius from here, I didn't need to lure you to some cave if I wanted to kill you, could have just done it on the spot and no one would have known, so I think it's safe to say if you are still alive and well around me that would remain the case." He just smiled for a small moment and then leaned against the cave wall with his back. A small frown came across his brow as she said she planned on staying around him, he then said: "Well I can show you around, probably teach you a thing or two, but I still need to work and that means if you do follow you'll be exposed to some violence."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast