Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Bureaucrats [Hannelorian x Kach] OOC

The Grey Lady
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Whew, glad you liked it. All is well! And yes, she is carrying a standard issue blaster pistol. Always best to be prepared!
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I have replied, in case you didn't notice this thread has been moved.
    She is so hard to read! I am glad she seems to be slightly warming up, but I can't tell if she is amused happy or amused watching for him to be crestfallen.
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I saw that! I'm working my way through it now. I think, ironically, the approach to her rather serious demeanor is to not take her too seriously. Marienna looks at world through a very cynical lens, she isn't waiting for him to fail, nor does she want that. She's just taking her time in figuring Corwin out.

Update: I'm sorry if this is a bit slow in terms of what is actually happening in each post. I'm a bit deliberate and like to focus quite a bit on the environment and character development.
    Last edited by Hannelorian; 07-06-2021 at 03:05 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

No worries there, I completely understand!

No apologies needed. Need to walk through that world so we can run later! I'm enjoying the details and it is engaging. Lol I didn't really expect to be making such big replies, but I am enjoying the challenge and chance to stretch out the old greybox.
    Just a heads up I am used to shorter reply length so forgive my awkwardness if you notice any in character interactions. But feel free to be as descriptive as you would like. I will let you know if I need more breathing room once we get into more of a rhythm.

Two other things!
    You read my mind about the storm! Get outta my head!

I love your choice that Corwin is a speeder guy, it felt true when you said it every though I didn't know it yet.

I am working on a reply for you today.
    The final battle,
    by the united.

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Ahh Kach! I appreciate the honesty here. First and foremost, thus far no awkwardness is detected. You're doing just fine. I would also be remiss if I didn't point out that you don't need to match the length of my posts. Do what feels right and or comfortable to you. I do appreciate you pushing your own limits and encourage you to keep going if you can, but you know, do you. So long as the lines of communication are open all is well.

Also if there is anything else you would like me to do, I would be glad to work on it.

I'm glad you liked the storm reference! Also, he's totally a speeder guy. I mean, who wouldn't be... but it's always the ones you least expect. It just works for him.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

My goodness, that reply took me a long time to get together. I need to go to bed. The middle of the week I will generally be slow for replies. Running games midweek.

Did you have any thoughts on what you wanted to do for an arc for this planet? I am definitely thinking lean hard into discovery and each character finding out what their own and the other's boundaries/attitudes are.

I really want to "Hans Landa" a farmer who is skimming crops and selling them to the Nemodian syndicate that has kept a foot hold on the planet.
    I feel Corwin is generally nice but has a real issue with thieves, and doesn't believe people can change or be redeemed. A real carrot or the stick type. He does his best to resolve things as painlessly as possible working with people most would bulldoze over, but if a solution can't be agreed upon he swings a REALLY BIG STICK, and having already tried to be diplomatic he has little mercy to offer.

Need to country cruise all over the place! Top down!

Maybe a run in with the outpost Commander?

Look forward to your reply!
    The final battle,
    by the united.

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

You're absolutely fine. We all have things to do outside of this, so no worries at all.

Yes, my central goal was character development. Like dude got testy about travelling the galaxy. I am really enjoying how this is going so far.

THEFT. Yes, lets do it. Barq is highly profitable, given the tumultuous transition period to imperial rule, it makes all the more sense that people are taking advantage of that while the Empire gets their feet dug in. Especially something like a syndicate, or hell, even the Trade Federation (that's still around, right?),

We can start to figure things out when we have KV analyze the data we've been gathering.

It's actually kind of interesting because I'm not even sure how Marienna would respond to the "swing the big stick" approach (also hey ghost of Teddy Roosevelt, if you're reading, this one is for you buddy).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yeah, I am thinking his naivety has been tempered a bit by ribbing previously from his comrades that may not have been in the best of spirits.

I hate doing this stuff in mobile...

Hmm, I imagine if the TF isn't gone already, it's on its way out. The Empire would not allow someone to compete. I would expect it to have been dissolved.

Corwin has worked for the government so he is pretty sure someone is talking advantage of the system.

I thought it would be interesting.
    Teddy Roosevelt, what a legend.
    The final battle,
    by the united.

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

That checks out with me. Of course, now I have looked it up and the TF was nationalized at the end of the Republic and had all its accounts drained. Sooooooooooo you are very much correct. Generalized rogue elements are clearly at work. Who doesn't want to make a profit?

That's something I imagine Marienna would rather understand, as part of her own conflicting feelings about the Empire. Which is would be in opposition to Corwin's sort of hard line reaction.

Either way I am looking quite forward to it. I hope you are enjoying everything!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Working on a reply for you!
    The final battle,
    by the united.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast