Thread: I have a few rp ideas...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I have a few rp ideas...

I have a few settings I've been working on alot that I'd like to rp in.

The first one I was thinking about running a gritty fantasy that's set in an elder scrolls-esque open world but influenced by more asian cultures. Just like elder scrolls all the characters will start off as prisoners and will have to grow more powerful as the plot goes on. There will be a magic system but in general it will be rather low magic at least at first. I have most of the cultures generally outlined but there nowhere near as detailed as I'd like.

The second one is what I'd call a post-post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting with some fantasy and western thrown in. Inspired by Dune, various sci-fi novels, and speculative fiction. It'll take place on earth after a nearly unimaginable time has passed. Humanity, as we know them, has long gone extinct. The earth has mostly been reduced to a barren desert and the atmosphere is filled with intelligent nanites. The nanites can be controlled to perform "spells". It also may be implied that the nanites caused the destruction of earth and humanity. I have several races in mind already that include species of animals, (Reptiles, Birds, etc) that survived the destruction and have either evolved or mutated to have relative sapience. There may also be an alien race and a synthetic race.

Third idea I had was a fun, sort of light-hearted, high fantasy romp set entirely within a single city. Inspired after running Dragonheist and reading some Terry Pratchett. I wanted a story that isn't about the Chosen Ones or any of the classic main protags of the world. I wanted to see characters that at least appear to be just normal people in a crazy, fantastical world put in a situation.

Idk I'll see where it goes. I'll go with the one that generates the most interest i guess.
    Last edited by Awean8; 07-11-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, & Yaoi <3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Count me in for literally all three of these. Loving it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol oh great. I'm kinda leaning on the more light-hearted adventure. It's actually been a long time since I've been on RPA. Might want to ease into it a little bit.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

The second and third sound the most interesting to me.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Currently building the third idea. It's gotten complicated as per usual for me so it may take a while. Building a whole city from scratch is proving rather complex.