Page 1 of 124 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: Rags or Riches? 1x1 with SecretShadows

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Rags or Riches? 1x1 with SecretShadows

In gang life, you always have to worry about living to see the next day. For one girl, those fears came true in an instance. Her life was perfect and in her gang, she didn’t have to worry about that, not until the unthinkable happens. Will this girl live to see another day? Will her life as a gang member be over or will she drag others down with her?

Assassin in the Shadows SecretShadows's Avatar
    Action, fantasy, romance, adventure, anything keeping it interesting.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Flashing lights, many flashing lights. The blue and red colors shining on the old teared-up curtain in the darkroom within the early mornings before the sun even showed its face to the sleeping city. The teenage girl sitting on her bed as she watched a police car's flashing lights shine through the dark of the night, the knock on the door from the officer and a social worker most likely. Its been three days since the incident, the weekend is now over and the people finally realizing that some of the dead victims had a daughter. The red-haired girl checked her phone, it was much too early to trouble her boyfriend but letting him know she wasn't going to get to school today was necessary.

Once they broke down the door and started looking around the house that never had much, they found her in her room, she just sighed and stood up, not really even caring what they said as she just followed them out of the house. Trying to comfort her, but she didn't need that right now, she had spend the entire weekend alone, and now she was getting dragged off into another life. At the orphanage, they tried seeing if she had any other family members but nothing came up. As the people there started speaking and making plans on keeping her there until she was eighteen or adopted she just got out her phone and texted Gavin.

'Sorry, not going to make it today, I'm at the orphanage... was an accident and stuff this weekend so yeah, I'll try to see if I can get out but they seem very set on keeping me here... Love you.' She sends it and then just leaned back in her seat as she watched the people quietly. She seemed pretty emotionally dead at that point, but her parents got killed in a burning gang building, along with forty other people during school on Friday. She came home and they just never did until she saw why on the news. She knew that building well, so it just made it clear what had happened.

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Gavin had awoken about four in the morning. He had a system that he did, every morning. The Brown haired, blue eyed boy, always got up to eat. Normally he would send his beautiful girlfriend a 'Good Morning' but he just forgot that day. He ate his breakfast then went to workout in his room. After a workout he normally went to shower.

After his shower and getting ready, he normally had prayer time and worship with his family. After that he goes to sit to eat another quick breakfast before heading out to his favorite coffee shop.

After coffee he headed off to school. As he drove to school he got a text from his girlfriend. Frowning, he tried to call her. He stated to bite on his lip as he waited for her to answer. He knew that his parents loved her and would try to help as they had tons of money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Matilda watched her screen silently, a few small cracks showing on its screen right before it lights up and vibrates with the incoming call from Gavin. Taking a second to just stare at the screen before she took a breath and answered it. "Hey..." She managed to say out but a small trail of silence followed after that, she didn't really know what to say but realized she should probably explain what had happened. "So umm... Not sure if you saw that big building burning the other day... Saw it on the news yesterday, and it turns out my parents were in there so... Yeah." She spoke out, though her speech was rather shallow, tired, and not as cheerful as usual around him.

"They came to get me this morning, but it was too early so I didn't want to bother you... I'm just here in the NorthBound orphanage, I'll try to see if they will let me go back to the same school later." Matilda added before leaning back in her seat and moving up her legs to hug them against her chest. She then said: "Don't worry too much though, it seems safe here, the people seem nice."

She knew Gavin was easily much too kind-hearted and would probably even skip school to help her but she didn't want him falling behind, in reality, the two shouldn't even have become friends, something like this was bound to happen even. Yet she couldn't find it in her heart to part ways with him, though she was scared they might force her to if she gets placed into another family far from here. After realizing this the fear only started keeping in more as she held onto her legs tighter.

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Gavin frowned a little and pulled into a parking lot to talk. He then parked and sighed a little. "Do you know how the fire happened or what they were doing there?" He asked her and then started to think.

He could always go to get her. He had the money to adopt her. He needed to get home to his parents. This girl was the light of his life and he couldn't lose her. After a moment be sighed and started to drive home.

"I'm going home to see about my parents adopting you. You've already been though so much and we can give you a better life." He said and then shook his head. "You were alone all weekend?" He asked her, worried so badly about her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"I don't know how it happened, I was at school then with you... They probably had work or meeting up with someone, I don't know." She said softly and felt her throat growing sore as she did her best not to start crying again. She took a deep breath and just calmed herself.

She was surprised by the sudden idea he had about his parents adopting her, though she wasn't sure if they would. "R-Really? B-But Gavin I don't want to be a burden." She said with a cracking voice as she remained trying to keep herself together.

"Y-Yes... But that is okay." She said softly after he asked if she was alone the entire weekend, she sniffed a bit and sighed before she said: "I'm sorry... I'm just causing problems now again."

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Gavin sighed and he was of course annoyed with her, but he also really cared for her. "Honey, its okay. I want you to be able to talk to me." He said and soon pulled back up to his house. "Tell them you might have someone to get you."

He then walked inside the house and called for his Mother. "Mom, I know I'm supposed to be at school, but I need to talk to you about something important." He said and then looked for her.

An officer sighed and walked over to the girl. "What is your name again?" He asked her slowly and then began to sit by her. "We are working to get you in the system so someone can and will hopefully adopt you."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Matilda listened to him, she took a breath to calm herself down before she said: "I know... I'm sorry." She scratched the back of her neck for a moment then said: "Alright, I will do that." She hung up then looked to see the officer coming over.

"Matilda... And, there might be people who will take me in... But I don't completely know yet, I should hear from them soon." She said and glanced at her phone again for a moment before she just hugged her legs again not saying another word.

The woman frowned as she heard the voice of her son and walked downstairs while looking at him confused. "It better be very important if you are skipping school about it, did something happen honey?" She asked him and walked over before checking a notification coming up on her watch as she said: "My work is also looking for me soon so best hurry sweetheart."

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The officer nodded his head and started to write. "So Matilda, who is this person or people that might be coming to get you?" He asked her softly, just wanting to know that info so they could get first pick. "Now, do you have any siblings that we need to go find?"

Gavin nodded his head slowly. "Yes, Matilda texted me and told me her parents died and she was getting put into the system." He started and went to get him a glass of water as he did stress drink. "I don't want get to go though that so I was wondering if you could talk with Dad real quick about you guys adopting her. Please, I really like her and she is my girlfriend."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Matilda glanced at the officer and said: "Gavin's parents and him probably." She glanced back down while a soft sigh left past her lips and she said: "No... It's just me." She herself shouldn't even have been born, her parents never planned on it but it ended up happening though even so she was quite loved she would say.

Sofia gasped a bit and said: "Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that." She got out her phone and said: "I'll get your father on the phone right now and see what we can do okay honey? Don't stress." She called her husband waiting to tell him what was going on.

Page 1 of 124 12351 ... LastLast