Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [M] The Chosen and the Teacher [Hannelorian & MaskedBee] OOC

The Grey Lady
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default [M] The Chosen and the Teacher [Hannelorian & MaskedBee] OOC

Rated M for Violence, Gore, Supernatural Activity etc...

"Those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
    - George Bernard Shaw

What you see depends on how you look. There are strange happenings in the darkness, or perhaps from the corner of your eye. Fleeting things which beg one to think no further upon them, for these things are simply tricks of the mind. What if we were told they weren't? The monster under the bed is real. Vampires really do want to suck your blood. It has often been said that the truth is stranger than fiction. Yes, reader. The truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

In such a world of madness there is a light in the darkness. A force, hiding in the shadows working to preserve the order of the natural, known world. A group governed by rules and traditions that have existed since time immemorial. Among there number are the 'watchers' members who watch the world of as many preferred it be seen. Always looking, watching and waiting for the appearance of the chosen one. The one whose coming of age heralds a fate only they can stop, the end of days.

With the chosen found, and their watcher deceased, who would step in to train them, to show them the world as it truly is, claws and all. No one but a teacher, previously believed to be the chosen. How cruel the hand of fate has proven.
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also I made a banner because I'm excited and Canva makes me happy

Name: Adelaide Velasco
    Physical Description: Skin, hair, and eye colour. Adelaide is of average height and average weight--the whole of her average, really. She blends easily into crowds and tends to dress for comfort rather than style--summer dresses and running shoes, or comfortable cardigans.
    Personality: Adelaide dreams of risk-taking and adventures, but they're a thing of fantasy to her as she lives quite the sensible life, weighing pros and cons before making big decisions. She is currently a student having completed a degree in "occult sciences and parapsychology", a study she's learned to take teases about in stride, and she is currently working on a master's research paper in the same fields. She's always been drawn to a more esoteric lifestyle, and one of her past foster guardians claimed her to be psychic, with an affinity for the occult, and Addie's learned to ease tensions about her interests with jokes despite how much of her time goes into researching those very things. She's warm and empathetic to others but has a hard time opening up about herself, insecure about what others might think of her beliefs or affinities.
    Last edited by MaskedBee; 08-07-2021 at 03:07 AM. Reason: added character information

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I ADORE Canva. So useful for so very many things!

Also, love the banner, I should mention that we can absolutely change the title of you want. I had afternoon brain and was sort of just reaching for whatever came to mind most expeditiously.

Alright character-y things.

Name: Marienna Sauveterre
    Role: High ranking official in the North American arm of the "Organization." Formerly believed to be the chosen.
    Physical description: Marienna is tall, thin, and brunette. Her pale complexion has been remarked upon as "ghostly." Has been described by others in the group as "hauntingly beautiful."
    Personality: Marienna can best be described as cold and hyper logical. Not one for social niceties or triviality, she is serious and task oriented. Fiercely protective of her brothers and sisters in arms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also love Canva haha

I am very much enjoying Marienna's vibe so far! As someone who speaks French, I love her last name haha very fitting for a potential chosen one! And also the title is more than okay with me.

In terms of The Watcher, I was thinking they might have been a fake family friend of one of Adelaide's foster parents at some point, and they kept in touch as she grew older and they might have pushed her/encouraged her studies of the occult--specifically, research in different cultures' lore and stories about monsters/ghosts/the like. Maybe even helped her acquire some strange weaponry over the years. I'm open to thoughts!

Is there anything you'd like to discuss or details you'd like to hammer out before we make an IC thread?

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

The choice of last name was definitely intentional. I am glad you appreciate that!

I think Adelaide and Marienna will be interesting to play off one another. I can imagine Adelaide's field of study quite thoroughly annoying Marienna. The whole "it's one thing to read it, another to see it" sort of thing.

The Watcher, yes! I like your pitch quite a bit. It seems I am just looking for things that will upset Marienna. In my head, I imagine Watchers as being largely that, those who watch, and minimally involve themselves in their target's lives. Present and known enough to feel natural, so the notion that Adelaide's watcher would be proactive and work to prepare her in such a way before anything could be confirmed...would ring out as inappropriate, crossing a line almost.

I suppose he'll need a name. For some reason my brain is only returning the result of "Thomas." But we could scrap that bit.

I think with that we're good to start. Would you like me to make the first post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I absolutely can't wait to have this tension and clash of experience versus academics.

Oh, yes, I love that! Especially that Marienna is high-ranking, so the idea of finding it inappropriate, a breach of protocol, maybe--or almost. Thomas feels like a fitting name, yes, I'm good with that.

If you feel up for it, I'd definitely like that! If you want to start at the attack, you can place Adelaide where you like (forest? city alleyway? suburban parking lot?) and I'll improvise a reason for her to be there. If you just want to set the scene/character premise, that's also good with me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a thought that hit me at work today, and no worries if you'd rather not (but I thought I'd share either way!), but what do you think of "Un/Chosen" as a title?

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I like that! I think it totally works! I should have something up a little later today.

IC Link: https://role-player.net/forum/showth...66#post3094466

Generally I hate taking agency away from another player, but I took your queue from a previous post. So hopefully it's alright!

Last edited by Hannelorian; 08-08-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for getting the IC thread up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelorian View Post
    "Bite me." was the woman's only response as the two finally faded into the distant uncertainty of night.
    I love this line so much haha it made me grin so bright!

I am absolutely loving Marienna's vibe in your first post! The condescension is just amazing and I am enjoying this so much already! It was more than alright--makes me eager to dig into it and interact with her!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelorian View Post
    "Step aside. Let the grown-ups do their work."
    She is such perfection my gosh I can't wait to write my reply haha

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

You're welcome! Thanks for expressing interest, I had a lot of fun writing that post. You are definitely going to give me an ego with compliments like that.

Mari is definitely a whole vibe in and of herself. She's gonna be fun, I can feel it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast