Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Closed Planning] [M] Chaotic Cam and Zeebat [Title TBD]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely true, plus it makes things less time-confusing in my head if Loki isn't the one that ends it all. ^^

Why toothpaste? But yeah, haha.

Okay, that could work. Hmm, I'm trying to think of how Loki would have treated him too. I'll go into that since he's my character, and I'll eventually play him:

So, I never think Loki would actually do these things, and I'm treating him like a separate entity from my main Loki. I'm basing most of this characterization around fics I've read with a Dark Loki.

Let me just do short bullet points, and I'll flesh out Evil Loki later down the line, but as to how he treated your character:

- If he got super angry, he could be abusive and hit him.
    - Lot's of neglect, emotional abuse.
    - Lots of self-projection on Loki's part.
    - 'John' was raised to think Loki was right about everything, was brought up and basically brainwashed into always wanting to please him, but being rejected because he was never enough or too weak in Loki's eyes - here you can imagine the Ozai and Zuko relationship.
    - Even if Loki didn't physically abuse him a lot, he still wasn't really present all of the time - conquering the world and all - but like I'd imagine John would have teachers for various things, and let's say they definitely shouldn't have gotten a teaching job.

Fantasy, Sci-fi, anime, books
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha yeah. As for the toothpaste that was what I used to fix a hole I accidentally punched through the drywall. xD

So for D!Loki:

-I do agree on that.
    -Yeah, definitely see that.
    -I can see a lot of latent issues with Odin, and Thor cropping up here. oof
    -Yep that makes perfect sense. I have some ideas for this depending on a few things.
    -yeah, definitely an absent parent and abusive teachers. Maybe even having to take part in actual war campaigns for training? That would be mentally scarring.

Who should be the other parent? Should he even have another parent? Freaky magical science?
    The Guide to the Underzee. | Praise be to Scree. | Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha, clever.

Oh yes, definitely latent issues. Also that whole turning into his father thing. I mean, so many issues. 'Your birthright was to die!'

And what are those ideas?

And the war campaign sounds good, go wild with your imagination.

As for the other parent, hmm. I might just go with the cliché of her dying and that drives him to be even more angry with the world or something. But no one of note.

Definitely might change my mind later though. Maybe although your character thought she was dead, she wasn't really. There could be a backstory there.

But mainly she just isn't really in the picture currently.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha yeah. I also my character still loving his father despite all the abuse and everything for better or ill. Problably ill.

Well I was thinking the character would be pretty bad at magic, or at least the kind of magic Loki practiced (wow I'm really going for Zuko huh?) but that talent has gone into fighting armed and unarmed. Less caster more melee fighter.

Which would only add to the issues between father and son I imagine.

Would definitely have his own brand of magic though I think. Not sure what it would be yet though.

And yeah definitely need her out of the picture. Hmm...what if she died in childbirth? or we could go with the 'missing' aspect instead.

I can imagine someone running away from a D!Loki like that. But why leave her child?
    The Guide to the Underzee. | Praise be to Scree. | Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely ill. ^^;

Issues indeed. Another Loki might sympathize, but this one is twisted with hypocrisy and it would probably remind him of how people treated him because of his magic, and how 'brawn' was always supposed to be better, and maybe he'd resent him and mock him - I hate this Loki already lol.

He could always have inherent magic but he just wasn't naturally gifted at it, and preferred weapons more? All of those things would definitely irk D!Loki.

Not really a fan of the childbirth thing, but yeah, missing works.

And hmm, good point. Maybe the mother isn't sweet and pure, but she was also dark and uncaring, only her and Loki had a special connection, blah blah blah. Maybe she even faked her death or something. Or she left, breaking Loki's heart, and so he treats 'her son' even worse because of this, adding to the reasons he's a horrible father.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yep. I can see that happening lol.

They would probably favor weapons like a claymore or a halberd. A big contrast to how Loki would favor sneakier weapons like daggers or thin-bladed swords.

Yeah, a lacking natural talent for magic despite having it, and probably quite a bit of it. Hell, easy problem of having a lot of it so he could never master the fine control needed for spells thus being pretty useless at 'magic', Problably rerouting it to enhance his body and weapons instead.

That would piss off D!Loki.

Yeah you're right missing works better.

Maybe it started with a loveless marriage? Maybe political or maybe she was an appeasement gift? Maybe it was a marriage aiming to produce a powerful child, more a breeding project than anything else.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely more of warrior society.

Yes, exactly all of those things. ^^ That fits perfectly I feel.

I like all of those, just which to choose, because, hmm. If she was basically a breeding project, or an appeasement gift, I don't see Loki having an emotional attachment to her is the thing. I want it to affect his growth, so he'd become even angrier because of her leaving him on purpose. So political and loveless (at first) sounds right to me. And you know, I doubt it really was a real love, but she amused Loki and they sparred well and he liked her. So her leaving definitely made him angry, and your character just reminded him of that abandonment.

oh right, leaving this here for storage purposes:

it's so simple, I just realized something. This exact moment is what diverts the time-line so drastically. When my Loki goes to Earth after learning his heritage instead of taking his anger out on Thor an Jotunheim, this means he never fell from the bifrost and into Thanos' clutches, where he was basically tortured insane and became twisted in your timeline?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah that makes sense. I also see this Loki as being more possessive, or having a sort of possessive 'love' which was why her leaving him would hurt and also make him lash out more.

After all he went from being the belittled second 'prince' with nothing that was really his to have his empire and finally getting what he feels he deserves.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, exactly.

So knowing all of this, it would basically shape your character. Speaking of, any names in mind yet? ^^; lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah I think I have one.

How does the name Karna sound?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast