Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nature of the Heart[M]{DamoniquexBrokecollege}

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Nature of the Heart[M]{DamoniquexBrokecollege}

Rated M for open avenues of exploration, but this is likely to be one of my tamer ones.

The Wildhearted
    Name: Every tree and stone, dell and stream, beast great and small, and the very blades of grass in his domain knows him by their own name, in their own voice.

To those Fae living nearest, his true title is 'First-To-Walk-Here', or simply 'Firstwalker'. In better times he was known by affectionate nicknames for the forms they saw him take, like 'Antlerprince', the Stag, 'Russetfur', the Red Wolf, 'Moontalker' the Horned Owl, and so many more.

But these days, he is more often called 'Lonelywander', 'Mourninghowl', or 'Losthart' on days where his sadness can be felt from the wood, and not spoken off at all when instead it is his wroth that permeates the air.

But there is one name that is two he was given by one so dear, to which he might gladly answer. Hart and Heart, Heart and Hart, pronounced the same, but for the meaning behind it.

Appearance:Many and more, he can walk in the form of any dweller of the natural world, and more besides, in endless combination. Even when he adopts a faelike form, evidence of his true nature shows itself in feathers, antlers, fur and fangs. His face is regal when flattered, severe when insulted. His smiles beam like the morning sun, his frowns a starless void.

His most favored guises are those of a large stag,possessed of the most majestic rack of antlers for a crown curving high over his brow, a large red-furred wolf possessed of fleet foot and sharp fang, and a great owl cloaked in golden-tipped feathers.

Bio: Despite his moniker, Hart was not the very first spirit to roam this part of the Faewild, but the latest in a long line, finding himself waking to life in the bole of the great knotted oak that his predecessor, his spiritual 'mother' took for her final shape before giving up intelligence to return to nature.

The first years, decades, centuries, perhaps, for he had no means to mark the time but the changing of the seasons and the growth of the trees, passed without issue. He was not truly alone, for every plant and animal, stone and stream knew him by their own names, and he knew them as well, and for a time was content, ruling over his woodland realm, it's sole thinking inhabitant.

Then came the Fae, the Moon Godess' second-born children, woven in her image of pale beauty. It took them a long, long time to come upon his place, and at first he saw them intruders and fled them when he was feeling preyish and feasted on them when feeling predatory, and half of them feared him and the other half were in awe of him. Those in awe won out, and they approached him cautiously, with lavish gifts and joyous songs, asking his wants and needs, that they may coexist.

But what does such a spirit need that the wood does not yield up freely? The answer was companionship, for while he could run with the wolves, swim with the fish, and fly with the flock, animals are simple creatures and Hart a thinking being.

At first the arrangement was more tributary and inconsistent, a daughter or son yielded up every so often. Few lasted long, for the deep wilds are full of dangers, and the Fae are a fragile folk. Boys roused less protective feelings in him, for the buck cherishes the doe but spurns others with antlers, so it soon came to be only girls, and then only girls trained in the godess' gift of magic, blessed in voice and touch to soothe the beast, and even command him in time of need, to save them from flood and fire and later mud-born humans that might do them harm.

Thus the role of companion to the Wildhearted came to be sole province of priestesses, trained and blessed. The last in that line, in this place, was Adelina. Ah, Adelina of silver hair, spun from the goddesses own moonlight, with laughing eyes the verdant green of fresh-grown moss, whose voice was honey-sweet, who's laugh could bring joy to even the ornery badger, who's easy affection stole the very heart of the Wildhearted. Who gave him his cherished name. And then she left him.

Where has she gone? For months he searched every glen and dell of his domain and found no trace, after that he simply brooded, and raged, and cried, and mourned, and still the fae are silent. Who might they send to replace the irreplaceable?
    Last edited by Damonique; 08-28-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Spoiler: Favorite Quotes(Changed Monthly) 

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    romance, werewolves, vampires, etc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

full name: adahlena vir lethalin irlessa
    nickname(s):
    ada | used by her friends and family, though she so very rarely is able to see either.
    mistress irlessa | used by the fae court primarily, as this is considered her "formal" title to them.
    age: adahlena is twenty-one, making her the youngest of four.
    appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/45/d7...f2b2626995.png
    + adahlena stands at around four feet, ten inches tall, which is considerably shorter than most of her sisters. in terms of weight, she is only about one hundred and ten pounds, though her petite size is not uncommon for a woman of her short stature. her complexion is rather pale--that, paired with her silvery, white hair makes being in direct sunlight almost completely intolerable for the woman. her eyes are a mix between blue and gray, though more often than not they lean towards a light gray. like all fae, adahlena's ears are elongated and pointed, and also usually decorated with fine jewelry.
    personality: adahlena can often be described as incredibly kind and compassionate. she is devoted to her family and to her people, and is honored to help them however they need. she is eager to please those around her, which is why perhaps she struggles greatly with failure. she is more outgoing than some of her sisters, and can usually make friends with those around her quite quickly. she is stubborn and is often unwilling to adapt to extreme changes around her. this can make her difficult at times, though with a few right words and easy smiles she will eventually relent.
    biography: adahlena is the youngest daughter of lord malcolm and lady atenias vir lethallin irlessa. they are a royal family within the fae court, both deeply respected by their community and wealthy beyond all means. their lineage is known to be particularly attuned to magic, which is why perhaps all four of the couple's daughters are now priestesses. adahlena grew up knowing that eventually she would, like her sisters, become a priestess, though she knew not to what it would be, nor when it would happen. she mostly spent her youth training under the tutelage of prominent priestesses within the court, learning how to harness her magical capabilities as they developed. however, in the midst of her training, her eldest sister went missing--leaving both the spirit she had been bonded to, and the family whom she'd so deeply loved. it was decided soon after by the court that adahlena--priestess in training, and bonded to no spirit--would take her sister's place and reclaim their lost honor.
    extra:
    + in her youth, adahlena had actually fought against becoming a priestess. but then she was visited by her older sister, adelina who spoke so passionately and kindly about the spirit with to whom she was bonded, that it convinced adahlena to pursue the priesthood.
    + adahlena has three sisters in total, starting from the oldest to the youngest they are: adelina, narissa, and zaria. although similar in their general appearance, the sisters do have differences. adelina, for example, has striking emerald green eyes, whereas narissa has eyes that are a bright, brilliant blue--and then there is zaria, who has deep, brown eyes like her father.
    "and like all lovers and sad people, i am a poet."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

She's absolutely charming. I've only got biography to tackle next, now that the elder sister has a name. I love the duality of Adelina and Adahlina, close but not quite the same.

Damonique and Natora, Joshua and Jessica, over a million words strong and the story goes on and on and on.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thank you! and take your time with everything, i’m in no rush! i’ll actually be spending the remainder of tonight on my laptop since i have so much homework lol. and yes i tried to make them similar—ya know, the drama—but still different, and still adahlena is still a “young” adult i wanted her to be more “immature” then her older, wiser sister, but still just as devoted and compassionate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

And I'm done! Or at least, chose to be done even though I could wax poetic about this intriguing character til the end of time. Already love him and we're not even started. Ada is going to have her work cut out for her!

Note(even though I think your too quick to need it), 'mud-men' is a Fae perjorative for humans. In truth, they're no worse than us(not that we don't suck), but they clear land with axe and fire, and the only ones Hart or the Fae encounter are would-be heroes trying to 'slay the beast' or exiles turned to banditry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just finished reading and i love him! it’s going to be very interesting seeing them interact and grow as characters!! especially as they come to learn about what may or may not have happened to adelina
    and thank you for telling me, i will make note of that!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

So...do we try to start up tonight?Or would tomorrow be better? I'd like you to open us up, ceremony, blessings, tearful goodbyes and all that, and then likely several pages of the pair talking and interacting and generally setting the tone going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we could try to get it going tonight! i have work tomorrow so i’ll be preoccupied for a better part of the day, unfortunately. but if you’d like, i could have a first reply up relatively soon!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Alrighty, no rush, but I won't say I'm not excited!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright!! i have posted!!

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to include link! here it is: https://role-player.net/forum/showth...72#post3096672
    "and like all lovers and sad people, i am a poet."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast