Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Heroes of the Realm (OOC)

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Great. I updated the character skeleton again, but you already had everything I needed.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 09-02-2021 at 01:43 AM.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@SaltyIrishman; - I noticed I forgot gear from my background, including coins. I've made some changes then to my inventory, anything with * in front is changed or new.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Got it.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Ishmael is definitely a guardian, basically I am working on a being of my creation who will be revealed with time, and Rambat does not see at first this is not a human talking to him, which he was not ready for at first.

Here is my submission to hopefully be accepted.

Spoiler: Ranger Rambat 

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I like it, but ideally you should have more than just a set of leather armor. Weapons, supplies, food, etc etc.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@GodlyD&D; Rangers typically start out with either scale or leather armor, a longbow and a quiver of 20 arrows, two shortswords or two simple melee weapons - if you feel like hitting others, then your standard club, quarterstaff, mace, or light hammer. If you like cutting instead, then dagger, a hand axe (can be used to hack and throw), or a sickle, a curved blade for cutting stems and body parts. Or if you feel like keeping them at a distance, there's the javelin or a spear. Or maybe take the short sword and one melee weapon.

Edit - As he's an outdoors type, if he goes with a shortsword, he can opt for a sawback - notches that have been carved into the back of the short sword and shaped into saw teeth so he can use it to cut wood.

Then there's two standard loadout packs, the dungeoneer's and the explorer's.

The Dungeoneer pack has ten torches, a tinderbox, ten days of rations, a waterskin, 50' of rope strapped to the outside, but also comes with a crowbar (to get the stuff that is nailed down), a hammer, and ten pitons.

Explorer pack is going to have in it ten torches, tinderbox, ten days of rations, a waterskin, 50' of rope strapped outside but has a mess kit and a bedroll instead of the tools.

Rangers are often outlander types, which fits in somewhat with your history, so they usually have some sort of musical instrument on them - most likely something native to their homeland. They usually have a staff to help them walk along trails, a hunting trap of some sort (set it and collect game later), some sort of trophy from an animal kill (an antler, animal foot, etc), some traveler's clothes (very handy when you want to get out of that armor) and a pouch with 10 gp in it.

On the other hand, some of his personality, ideals and bonds sound more noble to me. So instead of a musical instrument, you like to game - cards, dice, or even a chest set (perhaps a leather chessboard that's rolled up into a scroll tube with the chess pieces in the middle). A scroll containing his royal pedigree, a set of fine clothes and a signet ring (great for getting invited to stay at the local lord's manor or to participate in a tournament), as well as a purse holding 25 gp. So was his family noble before they came to this new land?

Of course, there may be other items you have - a knit or woven scarf you wear to keep out the dust, belt pouches, a bandolier or two, or even an adventurer's sash - basically a bandolier with a small satchel that rides on your hip. Take a look at my inventory to see what things I have.
    Last edited by Enigma; 09-04-2021 at 12:47 PM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@SaltyIrishman;- was it too much?

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

No, that’s about right. I just think that interest is declining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Golgoth
    Race: Half-Orc
    Class: Fighter

Appearance: Nearly towering at 7ft tall. He has black eyes and black hair. Greenish skin. He has a heavy build with broad shoulders and hands the size of dinner plates. Typically when entering town looking for either food or work he wears a hooded cloak to better hide his heritage.

Spoiler: Art my friend did. 

Inventory:
    Spoiler: Equipped 

Spoiler: Travel Pack 

Spoiler: Coinpurse 

Personality: I am slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide
    Bonds: I entered seclusion to hide from the ones who might still be hunting me. I must someday confront them and when that time comes I'll be ready.
    Ideals: Life is little more than struggle and in that struggle, you grow stronger.
    Flaws: Violence is my answer to almost any challenge.

Backstory

Born and raised into the Black Dog Clan of orcs that roamed the barren tundras of the north. His father was a great king of orcs with a hundred banners under him. He was the youngest of nine siblings, most full orc, making him doubly the runt. From an early age, he had to struggle to keep up and survive with the horde, often having to fend off the various abuses done to him by his elder brothers and a multitude of cousins. His father mostly ignored him altogether and the half-orc found it impossible to gain his favor.

He spent much of his time training, if for nothing but to getaway. When the Black Dogs raided he elected to fight in the vanguard despite his youth. Yet he was still never acknowledged. Eventually, when he grew old enough he left, killing two of his brothers and several of his kin who pursued him. He wandered into more civilized lands and ever since he's been doing common mercenary work to survive and living in the wilderness.

He's been attacked on occasions by those "civilized folk" who may see him as little more than a monster. Golgoth quickly realized that despite being the weakest of the Black Dog Clan, he has yet to meet a human or elf that could even compare to his raw brute strength.
    Last edited by Awean8; 09-07-2021 at 06:10 AM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Nice art, could stand to be a little longer in the torso but great proportions and I love the details they've worked in. Your friend has a good eye. @Yggdrasil_Hugger ; check this one out.
    Last edited by Enigma; 09-07-2021 at 05:39 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast