Thread: Workshop chatter and discussions!!

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Default Workshop chatter and discussions!!

Themed Weekly Writing Workshop

Hello and welcome to this themed weekly writing workshop! This was an idea created by @Kaptain Panty;and has more information here!

This is a chatter thread to allow for dicussion and any queries to be voiced away from any writing or review threads! Please do discuss ideas for a schedule or any other information you may need before starting this weekly journey!

Please do keep with RPA's rules and be kind to all!

B
    Fantasy? Weird? Dark? Maybe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

So when do we want to start this? Later this week maybe?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Could start it by the end of this week. I think the only thing that need deciding is the exact day pieces get sent in and new themes issued. I think we've decided on how themes will be picked - everyone submits something, staff pick and choose themes. There's a sub-forum now, so just need an announcement/theme posting thread pinned along with this discussion one, and submissions can be posted in new threads. Though I suppose there is the question of whether a new thread is made for every piece someone does, which would help keep organising pieces and their reviews simple and also allow for future reviews to be done simpler but certainly make a lot of threads. Alternatively everyone has one thread they submit their pieces to, with discussion of it coming after the post, which would result in a lot less threads and it'd be easier to find a particular persons series of pieces, but could complicate locating individual pieces (links to each piece in the OP would be a must, as otherwise you'd have to trawl through pages of discussion) and trying to do reviews later on when other pieces have been posted (though the last bit might not really matter, it's still something to think about).

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

It sounds like our good Kaptain has a pretty good handle on things so far. I haven't been able to think of any other issues that need addressing before we get started. It's a little late for that original deadline, obviously, but that's a problem easily remedied.

Submissions sound like a good way to decide on themes in the long term. We might be able to just rotate through everyone's ideas at the start, depending on how much interest we get, but having the staff play a role definitely sounds more practical in the long term. Alternatively, maybe some sort of voting would be good? The more people who are in favor of a particular prompt, the more likely we are to get submissions for it. Though that'd probably take a fair bit more organizing.

I think I'm leaning towards individual threads for every submission, personally. The extra organization sounds like a pretty big benefit to me, especially if any of the people submitting work want to try and rewrite sections based on the feedback they receive. We're probably better off getting the mods to weigh in on this one, though, since cleaning up and archiving as necessary would be extra work for them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It's been over a week now and nothing much has started moving, so I'll try do something. Maybe not today though, I've suffered from a bout of insomnia as of late. Not even really having nightmares and are having OK days before hand, and neither am I too ill, sweaty and/or hurty to sleep. Just haven't been sleeping, which sucks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Alright I've done something and this can hopefully begin. Or maybe it won't. Who knows.

https://role-player.net/forum/showth...44#post3098944

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

There still any interest in this? If there is, could try actually starting this thing properly.

Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I am interested in this; though a bit confused on the locations. Checking the other posts.

I am of the opinion that the prompt post by Panty can be recycled as the prompts change.

Can we have another "thread folder" in the Themed Weekly Writing Workshop! for each of the prompts and threads can be submitted with the story and replies made directly under each thread. That way everything is separate and organized. I don't know if that is logistically possible though.

So:
    Themed Weekly Writing Workshop!

>Workshop chatter and discussions!!

>Alright lets actually begin this thing then. (Weekly prompt and due date.)

>Prompt A
    >>Story aa and the replies on it
    >>Story ab and the replies on it

>Prompt B
    >>Story BA and the replies on it
    >>Story BB and the replies on it
    Last edited by Kach; 11-06-2021 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added thoughts
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kach View Post
    I am interested in this; though a bit confused on the locations. Checking the other posts.

I am of the opinion that the prompt post by Panty can be recycled as the prompts change.

Can we have another "thread folder" in the Themed Weekly Writing Workshop! for each of the prompts and threads can be submitted with the story and replies made directly under each thread. That way everything is separate and organized. I don't know if that is logistically possible though.

So:
    Themed Weekly Writing Workshop!

>Workshop chatter and discussions!!

>Alright lets actually begin this thing then. (Weekly prompt and due date.)

>Prompt A
    >>Story aa and the replies on it
    >>Story ab and the replies on it

>Prompt B
    >>Story BA and the replies on it
    >>Story BB and the replies on it

Could have seperate folders for submissions and prompts, but I think just having a prompt announcement thread pinned should be good enough and having every other thread that isn't the pinned ones be submissions. Should work well enough.