Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Looking to Start the Quest for the Restoration

  1. #1
    Salvation in Fantasy GodlyD&D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    611
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Looking to Start the Quest for the Restoration

    The land was inhabited with scattered cities, and villages remained unchanging between them. Some of the country between and around those was still wilderness. The society of people, the mantypes, elves, dwarves, and half-giants, remained without an industrial revolution, and always would, for metal was not abundant enough. The metal in these places was all just the exotic metal, most of that which was hard to obtain was megamite, a quite heavy but strong metal.

    Supernatural things yet happened around this country, which incuded Triovala, Tenoba, and Terricana, which many only understood as magic. Almost no one but a very few select individuals who specialized in that could have any control over any of those things. Such individuals were regarded by all as wizards, or any of a few being trained by those.

    A terrible supernatural work had fallen on a number of people in one of those cities, Quadick, changing them a whole lot in undesirable ways. They would be stuck with that, if it were not for a brave new wizard they hear from, who came from another nearby city, who starts on a quest from there to find the amulet known of for changing the people back to how they were. He would take any strong or abled individuals with him to help him through rough areas to reach the nearest city in Terricana to the north, which was in the vicinity of where the amulet must be.

  2. #2
    Member Sabes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    NA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Animal, Fantasy creatures/people, Steampunk, Apocalypse, LGBTQ+
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Count me in! Should I start by filling out a form?
    <img src=https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newlaunches.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2Fsteampunk-AddamsFamily-4-thumb-450x675.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 border=0 alt= />
    If you realized that the Floating City is home to a prim monarchy
    full of Sparks and Tinkerers that controlled your freedom,
    would you rebel?
    Would you rebel if the Clanks would just cuff you with their cold metal hands
    and send you back to the steam factory?
    If the Protection Forces you trusted told you that you were lying or crazy,
    would you print off unauthorized newspapers to spread the real truth?
    Click here to join a world of steampunk adventures
    with humans, robots, furries, and great imagination.

    Who are you in a world like this?

  3. #3
    Salvation in Fantasy GodlyD&D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    611
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    @Sabes; I am pretty much ready to get to the Restoration with the IC thread for this. I would like to see your "character sheet" form for it, like I would like seeing such, in the OC thread for it, for the character you use in our other roleplaying thread. In this one think of the "preindustrial" setting with limited metal available, basically megamite exotic metal, and class and profession abilities too, with the list as used in the other one. If it is desired I will write out a new form for this. I wanted another to join with us in this but it seems we might need to start off just roleplaying with each other in the thread for this. And be ready for the fantasy in writing.

  4. #4
    `、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    344 km straight up
    Posts
    4,834
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    358

    Default

    Perhaps all they can work with is bronze - they can find copper and tin, but iron is hard to find and so precious most people lock it up in chests, along with the gold and jewels. If a nickel-iron meteorite falls from the sky, you could sell it for a fortune to the local lord - assuming your neighbors don't murder you for it themselves. Or the lord.

    Perhaps magic is why the iron ore is hard to find?

    And why megamite is so useful as it's taken its place? How is it worked?

    Could be fun, would love to hear more about this pre-industrial world.
    Last edited by Enigma; 02-14-2022 at 03:45 AM.
    Spoiler: いいいいいいいい √Ăłł Єѵł いいいいいいいい 

  5. #5
    Salvation in Fantasy GodlyD&D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    611
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    @Enigma; you should be aware, as you might be, that this is my rewrite of what happens in Tenoba which involves my character Arapegol. It was abandoned by everyone involved while I wanted to work to the resolution, and last of all Highland Sniper did not want to continue with it. What this rewrite has is my input describing everything in this, which was not dealt with already, from my own creativity, making it more a world of my creation with what Highland Sniper and others had put in with that previous roleplaying used in this now. Notice that the countries here remained without an industrial revolution, and always would, for metal was not abundant enough. The metal in these places was all just the exotic metal, most of that which was hard to obtain was megamite, a quite heavy but strong metal. So this is a world different from what we are familiar with. There is no metal here but that hard to obtain exotic metal. It is mainly megamite, hard enough to obtain that it is highly valued, and still is used for needed things including blades, nails, buckles, and coins. Most material used is still wood and stone, and materials from plants and animals. Megamite is used with crafting it at very high temperatures at which it is softer. Such an exotic metal as megamite is in fact found from what were meteorites.

    There is more development in these countries from the supernatural things that are known to some.

    You might reprise a character you were roleplaying for it or you might create a new one, if you are still interested in this.

  6. #6
    `、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    344 km straight up
    Posts
    4,834
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    358

    Default

    Okay, so homes and furnishings are made without the use of metals as they're too hard to get. Most common homes are made of rubble rather than cut stones, at least on the ground floor as it won't rot like wood would. Some may use shaped stone piers to hold up a wooden framework that then uses pegs to hold itself together.

    Multi-story structures may have timber construction above the stone base, this will usually overlap the stone base so that the weight of the walls themselves keep the floor beams from warping. May see wattle and daub between the beams

    Castles and churches may use cut stone, which requires megamite tools to cut and shape the bocks.

    A vast majority of workmen will have very simple tools - wooden hammers, of course. Chisels, small primitive saws, drills are most likely to have flint for cutting.

    Better tools can be made with Megamite - but high temperatures require a lot of coal or more likely a lot of charcoal - so we'd see a lot of pits in cleared areas to convert the green logs into charcoal. As there's a lot of labor involve, megamite tools are going to be expensive quickly.

    Sewing needles, fish hooks, and pins are likely to made of bone or possibly from thorns.
    Spoiler: いいいいいいいい √Ăłł Єѵł いいいいいいいい 

  7. #7
    Member Sabes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    NA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Animal, Fantasy creatures/people, Steampunk, Apocalypse, LGBTQ+
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyD&D View Post
    @Sabes; I am pretty much ready to get to the Restoration with the IC thread for this. I would like to see your "character sheet" form for it, like I would like seeing such, in the OC thread for it, for the character you use in our other roleplaying thread. In this one think of the "preindustrial" setting with limited metal available, basically megamite exotic metal, and class and profession abilities too, with the list as used in the other one. If it is desired I will write out a new form for this. I wanted another to join with us in this but it seems we might need to start off just roleplaying with each other in the thread for this. And be ready for the fantasy in writing.
    Thank you for this update. I'm currently on a break from RPA and I might need a few more days away, but I have this thread on my list of RPs to do when I return.

  8. #8
    Salvation in Fantasy GodlyD&D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    611
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Okay, so homes and furnishings are made without the use of metals as they're too hard to get. Most common homes are made of rubble rather than cut stones, at least on the ground floor as it won't rot like wood would. Some may use shaped stone piers to hold up a wooden framework that then uses pegs to hold itself together.

    Multi-story structures may have timber construction above the stone base, this will usually overlap the stone base so that the weight of the walls themselves keep the floor beams from warping. May see wattle and daub between the beams

    Castles and churches may use cut stone, which requires megamite tools to cut and shape the bocks.

    A vast majority of workmen will have very simple tools - wooden hammers, of course. Chisels, small primitive saws, drills are most likely to have flint for cutting.

    Better tools can be made with Megamite - but high temperatures require a lot of coal or more likely a lot of charcoal - so we'd see a lot of pits in cleared areas to convert the green logs into charcoal. As there's a lot of labor involve, megamite tools are going to be expensive quickly.

    Sewing needles, fish hooks, and pins are likely to made of bone or possibly from thorns.
    Yes, it is very much quite like that. The lower class has almost nothing of metal, just a few coins they manage acquiring and using those to acquire things, and any among them having very few other small metal items of use. So homes are not made with use of metal items. The upper class will have structures still made with use of nails, and most stores will be this way. A very few privileged will even actually have a hammer with a head of megamite.

    There are still stone hammers, and stone tools are not a lost art here. There were a number of meteorites coming to this world with exotic metal, over previous ages. Nothing more than one meteor hit was known in history, 1700 years earlier, where it was found by some then consisting of exotic metal and a special class working with hidden knowledge has kept this secret knowledge that objects falling from the heavens can hold exotic metal, including megamite, and are among other things that come known just to them. More metal was acquired from other previously arrived meteorites, all exotic metal and most by far megamite, so metal is known about by all the people still.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabes View Post
    Thank you for this update. I'm currently on a break from RPA and I might need a few more days away, but I have this thread on my list of RPs to do when I return.
    I understand, appreciate you letting me know, and I look forward to you returning to start this with me. My character, Arapegol, who I will describe, has returned to the town Quadick where there was great change to people, including him, from an artifact of power that was then destroyed, and he is staying at an inn where he stops for the night, with another who traveled with him from his town for the same mission to find the powerful amulet that can restore the people from the change that came upon them. With them is a seeming elven witch, who is in fact another character who was changed to be in that body. These are the characters to meet at the start of this thread for coming to the restoration.
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 02-19-2022 at 02:28 AM.

  9. #9
    Member Sabes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    NA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Animal, Fantasy creatures/people, Steampunk, Apocalypse, LGBTQ+
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyD&D View Post
    @Sabes; I am pretty much ready to get to the Restoration with the IC thread for this. I would like to see your "character sheet" form for it, like I would like seeing such, in the OC thread for it, for the character you use in our other roleplaying thread.
    I'm confused as to what you mean here. I can fill out a character form, sure, but are you saying I use a character from another RP?

  10. #10
    Salvation in Fantasy GodlyD&D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    611
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabes View Post
    I'm confused as to what you mean here. I can fill out a character form, sure, but are you saying I use a character from another RP?
    I am saying there was the character form shown in the OOC thread for the Barrier to Time Travel story, and you could put things for it for a character to roleplay in this Restoration thread we will use. It would be good enough, but I could make one specifically for this, to have you fill out, if it is preferred. I have waited for this one and I will be happy starting it, not that I don't want that other one to be continuing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •