View Poll Results: Are you playing?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 100.00%
  • No.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D&D, experimental new free form RPG. (A mysterious New World. (Amnw))

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

New D&D, experimental new free form RPG. (A mysterious New World. (Amnw))

In the year 2022, the world has succumbed over Coronavirus, everyone is staying home, nobody works anymore, leaving the world to a standstill.

Famous scientists and leaders have all died from this mysterious disease, even with a 98% survival chance.

Humanity has made a last stand, and found that biologically we will be no match towards the mighty virus, so they constructed a new lab.

In this lab they will place people in pods, where they can travel into cyberspace.

The selection has been very random, from famous TV idols, towards Olympic athletes.

You have been selected for this rare opportunity, where you will enter a pod in a military base, where the greatest super computer of mankind exists, which is run by a complex artificial intelligence.

This artificial intelligence will make use of the subjects presented to it, to create a new shining world.

After you arrive you are asked a series of questions, you are unsure of it's use, and most of them seem completely random, afterwards you are lead towards a medical facility within the base, and prepped for being hosted in the pods.

You get a cool suit, which seems like a wetsuit, that completely covers the body, except the head, you get a special "fish bowl" type helmet for that.

Nothing is really explained, you arrive, get questioned, examined, suited, and then loaded into the pod.

You have a breater on your mouth, and they you are asked to place your hands into two bracelets.

*The pod starts closing, and fills with a liquid, it's completely dark, and you see nothing.*

After a while, when you felt the liquid completely fill the pod, you feel afloat, able to turn and twist, without any hinderance, almost lighter and better then you did before.

The breather gives you a whiff of some chemical, as first the pod starts to shine, enveloped you in light. Then the helmet does the same, to the point you are completely enveloped in the matrix.

---
    Voice:

---

"Hello, I'm Gaia, and I will be your assistant during the trials."

"First of all, we will start with character creation, you are allowed to create anything your mind can control and create."

--

You get an extensive character creation program which mainly functions around using your mind as a creation tool, it being very sensitive towards your thoughts and feelings, yet focuses on what is on the surface, not further.

--

After character creation, you get a small moment on a simulated grid to test out your new body, you are allowed to use a limited editor, with a very bland, basic, and limited physics.

However your body does feel fully functional.

You can take a while to adept and edit your body accordingly.

-

*You spawn in the center of a great hall, hundreds of people walking about, the roof of the hall, is so far up, you don't even know if it goes outside or not, all you know, there is a light like the sun, at the top.*

There are desks, stairs and teleporters, everyone seems quite busy.

You clearly notice that everyone working behind a desk, is dressed in the same types of uniform, and have the riggedy of what you are used of Artificial intelligence or NPC's.
    While everyone else seems very unique, chaotic and incoherent.

-

This is where your story starts!

Good luck, and have fun!

-AwsomeGuy.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Done

Spoiler: Doriouse Stark 
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 11-05-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

For your consideration.

Jane Xaviera Smith
    Spoiler: Reality 

Spoiler: AMNW 

Spoiler: Extra 
    Last edited by Enigma; 11-09-2021 at 08:38 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alright! Thanks for joining in!

I think I'm going to wait till Monday to see if anyone else is interested.

After that, I will post the ingame thread, with a little bigger opening scene.

Any interest for any additional expansion on the starter? Or any other requests for the start?

Anyways, glad to have you, excited to begin!

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Not sure about requests yet.
    But it would be nice if you would look over the characters and officially ok them.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Heya, didn't read the spoilers before, I never do.

Anyways, nice one Enigma, really millennial, felt like it could have happened irl.
    Would have liked to know how she left about the program, yet maybe you will add it (as I assume thats what WIP means.)

Snipe, love the description, totally unintentionally, yet it indeed was super fallout 4, probably unconsciously happened! Haha!
    That your keeping your backstory and psych pattern hidden, is great, will love to see how you play that out!

Usually I leave this for ingame, yet seeing as I'm delayed, and it's actually more cannon, I'm just gonna add;
    When Gaia said she is here to assist you during character creation, it literally means she is there to answer any questions you have, during and even after character creation, hence if you guys would like to add a few questions you asked before spawn, you are free to do so!

Anyhow, sorry I missed tapping the spoiler section, not used to these forum things

Ttyl!

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

The IC thread?
    How wonderful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Glad you like it

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

So this has changed from a strict D&D style fantasy to something more modern?
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast