3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 100.00%

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Mysterious New World (AMNW)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Invisible is obviously a fantasy term." Gaia stated.
    "However thermal coating, adaptable cover, and any of the like, are available."
    "Realize the more advanced the technology the higher the cost, thats why advanced yet primative crude technology, like a rifle, which you only need the appropriate blueprints for, are cheap, however when thats not the case, the value increases greatly."

"I feel obligated to state, that the generousity of the A.I. lets you pick basic equipment at the start for 'free*' and gives topographical information about the first world, however next time, equipment can only be bought on loans, or with official Castle Credits.
    And information about the world you enter, need to be bought at the information desk, obviously you are free to do that now already too."

"There are no universal translators, however I can translate anything writen or spoken, when possible, to the point even able to explain how to translate your words, into theirs, if possible."

"Anything else?
    Last edited by AwsomeGuy; 11-11-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"What is considered basic equipment?" She asked, looking down at her gear.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"What is within reason for your character, humans are defined by tools, and the use of them, having the proper tools to do what you do, is that reason."

---edit.----

"Anything else?"
    Last edited by AwsomeGuy; 11-11-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

She taps on the desk, "I'd also like a compass, a map of the region we're going into, 50ft of rope, and a multi-tool." She made the request towards the desk.

"Hey, furry, how much longer are you gonna take?" A gruff man asked behind her, clearly impatient.

"Till tomorrow," Dylen joked, taking her requested items and heading to stand near the open door.
    She put all her extra gear in either her bag or her few extra pockets.
    She grumbled about not getting cargo pants and an army jacket, and muttered about getting that next time around.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You get all the items, minus the map of the region.

Gaia explains; "Information brokering about the worlds is a separate sale, and your lucky, because the prices of detailed information, like a -fully detailed map of the region" would have astronomical prices."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"I suppose, I'll scout, then. I've got enough debt on my hands as it is." She said.

Finishing with her gear at the door, she looked around the large room at everyone. Several seemed to have been forming groups. Great. Even if she knew anyone, she would have no idea who was really who.

She gave a sigh, feeling a little alone. She did see other people like herself, but wasn't sure if to approach. She gathered herself, and hefted her gun, turning to walk through the door.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"So, pre-industrial revolution tech," Xavier sighed. "Like the Renaissance?"

What did she see at the Renaissance fair? That pale girl running around in a chain-mail bikini - how did she keep from turning as red as a lobster? Guys running around with swords and flintlock pistols, women with daggers, the queen's guard marching in the parade with muskets...

"So if I wanted a musket, a flintlock pistol, a couple of filled powder horns, lead shot for both, uh, patches, and spare flints, a kukri knife and a skinning knife, this guy could give it to me?" Xavier asked.

"So what about waterskins, two peasant blouses, breaches and hose, leather boots, a hat, a jerkin, a backpack, a possibles pouch, salt tablets, a couple of wool blankets, a week's worth of rations, a tinder box and a compass...? Oh, and a stout leather belt and rope, a good fifty feet of it. Oh, and waxed linen thread?"

She hoped she could carry all that....!

"I don't suppose a horse or mule is out of the question?"
    Last edited by Enigma; 11-12-2021 at 03:10 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"We do not create artificial lifeforms." Gaia said.
    "You can however take a cart you can push yourself."

"And yes, the desk will hand you all that, and put it on your tab. To be resolved after your travel."

"And to address your question about the Renaissance, every culture and world does different things with their technological developments, thus, assuming it the same as your own, would be a mistake."

Assuming you still don't -enter- the portal.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

((Correct, waiting for a few more posts to pass before I officially state that I enter through. Holding off for now.))

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"You don't create artificial life forms?!?" Xavier demanded. "So there's no animals at all out there? How are we to eat? How do we trade goods in the world if there's nobody to trade with?"
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast