• Yes.

3 100.00%

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Mysterious New World (AMNW)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

New A Mysterious New World (AMNW)

In the year 2022, the world has succumbed over Coronavirus, everyone is staying home, nobody works anymore, leaving the world to a standstill.

Famous scientists and leaders have all died from this mysterious disease, even with a 98% survival chance.

Humanity has made a last stand, and found that biologically we will be no match towards the mighty virus, so they constructed a new lab.

In this lab they will place people in pods, where they can travel into cyberspace.

The selection has been very random, from famous TV idols, towards Olympic athletes.

You have been selected for this rare opportunity, where you will enter a pod in a military base, where the greatest super computer of mankind exists, which is run by a complex artificial intelligence.

This artificial intelligence will make use of the subjects presented to it, to create a new shining world.

After you arrive you are asked a series of questions, you are unsure of it's use, and most of them seem completely random, afterwards you are lead towards a medical facility within the base, and prepped for being hosted in the pods.

You get a cool suit, which seems like a wetsuit, that completely covers the body, except the head, you get a special "fish bowl" type helmet for that.

Nothing is really explained, you arrive, get questioned, examined, suited, and then loaded into the pod.

You have a breater on your mouth, and they you are asked to place your hands into two bracelets.

*The pod starts closing, and fills with a liquid, it's completely dark, and you see nothing.*

After a while, when you felt the liquid completely fill the pod, you feel afloat, able to turn and twist, without any hinderance, almost lighter and better then you did before.

The breather gives you a whiff of some chemical, as first the pod starts to shine, enveloped you in light. Then the helmet does the same, to the point you are completely enveloped in the matrix.

---
    Voice:

---

"Hello, I'm Gaia, and I will be your assistant during the trials."

"First of all, we will start with character creation, you are allowed to create anything your mind can control and create."

--

You get an extensive character creation program which mainly functions around using your mind as a creation tool, it being very sensitive towards your thoughts and feelings, yet focuses on what is on the surface, not further.

--

After character creation, you get a small moment on a simulated grid to test out your new body, you are allowed to use a limited editor, with a very bland, basic, and limited physics.

However your body does feel fully functional.

You can take a while to adept and edit your body accordingly.

-

*You spawn in the center of a great hall, the sudden appearance is a lot to take in.*

The great hall itself, is made from marble, going for a classic black and white tile floor.
    The only very notible thing about the floor, is that sometimes the squares aren't in the pattern of one black, one white, like done on purpose to break the pattern, as its purposely at odd locations. You do notice they are symmetrical though.

The hall is rectangular, it's far wide, and seemingly endlessly long.
    The only reason you know it's not endless is if you look up, you see the walls, which are more like balconies, going up, you assume the wide of the hallway is at least 50km, the length is close to 300km.

hundreds of people walk about, they all act very uniquely, some are gathering, some are reading, readying equipment, running, walking, talking, etc.
    Nobody however is loitering around, oddly?

Of note is that the amount of modern clothes people and 'fantasy' typed clothing is about 50/50.
    Most people handled it very cleverly, by making very expensive and detailed modern clothing with old fashioned practicality, as looks aren't that important (For most.)

Race wise, most people stayed with a humanoid, you do see the occasional totally out of place creature, yet as you know it's controlled by a human, that doesn't make it so unsettling.
    Some people have picked large creatures, and you notice titans, dragons, and even a huge octopus creature, what you can only imagine is inspired on Cthulhu.

the roof of the hall, is so far up, you don't even know if it goes outside or not, all you know, There is a light like the sun, at the top.

There are desks, stairs and teleporters, everyone seems quite busy.
    You notice there is one very specific spot in this hallway, thats that there in the middle, end of the hallway, there are giant doors, some of which are open, others closed, every door takes about 10km in width, and 50km in height.

You notice this is really the center focus for everyone, everyone is mostly gathered at these doors, scattered neatly in front of the door, in a perfect line, there are desks, in pairs of 3, with 3 people behind them, and then gaps between them.
    The entire area around the desks is totally cluttered, and there isn't even enough space to walk.

You clearly notice that everyone working behind a desk, is dressed in the same types of uniform, and have the riggedy of what you are used of Artificial intelligence or NPC's.

While everyone else seems very unique, chaotic and incoherent.

-

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Doriouse looked around at everyone bustling about and noticed how some were congregating around the door.
    "Gaia... what's going on?" he, no, she asked, "And, how do I access inventory, or menu?"

She continued to look as people walked past, and became a little more conscious of her new height.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"There is no menu or inventory." Gaia answered.

"Any of the NPC's will have access to 'online' data, which you might call a inventory."
    "Things as deeds, banked currency, or any other none-physical items, are kept in record, and accessable by any of the desks."

"The goal of the game is quite simple, you are in the hallway of The Castle, whoever owns the castle, is the first winner of the game. There are also additional ways of winning, yet those are not disclosed."

"A universe of worlds lay behind those doors, there are 5 doors in total, when a door opens, it leads to a specific world, with specific quests. The doors usually have a timeframe of staying open, unable to return before the door closes, means you have to wait until you can get back."

"The quests are far and wide, before going through a door, you should always see what quests are available, because some cannot be completed before accepting them."

"Anything else?"
    Last edited by AwsomeGuy; 11-11-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"Alright..." She thought out loud before asking, "so... I can win by becoming the owner of the castle? How would I do that?"

It seemed to be implied, almost stated, that that as a way to win. It seemed interesting. But how to do it is another question.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"That is up to the player, if you can convince the other players, and the NPC's, you control the castle, that would prove sufficient. Any other means are free too, I'm obligated to specifically state, there are no rules, however there are laws, which may or may not, cause severe interference with your life and work, most of these laws however are extremely trivial and obvious, and are only enforced if addressed. Hence legally stealing The Castle, or stealing The Castle in a way that cannot be proven, is something that's not even discouraged."

"Obviously the traditional manner is to buy or earn it, there is a universe of business and wealth at your disposal, if you can aquire them, and the quests at The Castle, are the most legal and well known contracts there exist, which doesn't mean though, our database is flawless."

"Anything else?"
    Last edited by AwsomeGuy; 11-11-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"So I could steal and murder my way into ownership," She thought out loud, then gave a shutter as what she just said hit here, "I'd not rather become a red player."

"Is there any sort of user interface? Or is it all manual? How can I check how much money I have? And where can I go to buy some gear?" She asked.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"A profile is stored at the front desk, also your balance at The CastleŠ, can be checked, deposited into, or withdrawn. Stealing and murdering would be illegal, and the authority of The CastleŠ, would take action. We do not have 'Red' players, the 'Orange' status as you described, is easily aquired, and has no real effects. The CastleŠ, itself does not have any shops, if you however find any equipment here, you are allowed to aquire them."

"Anything else?"
    Last edited by AwsomeGuy; 11-11-2021 at 09:17 PM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"I think that's all. Thanks." She said.
    And with that, she made her way to the front desks, trying to move around the multitudes of people gathered there. She found a few that were shorter than she was, but most were taller.

She had to almost push to find a spot at one of the desks.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"So you're telling me," Xavier growled, "They couldn't spring for some sort of player-accessible GUI and we gotta use these desks for everything? Don't any of their programmers play video games?"

"The idea is to keep things as close to reality as possible," Gaia explained. "In real life, there are no inventory slots. If you wish to carry something, you put it into a pack, a pocket, or hang it off a belt. One remembers their balance or they can check the bank. One doesn't look for a name hovering over another person, they engage in conversation."

"This robe doesn't have pockets!" Xavier replied. "How am I going to carry money with me?"

"You can have a pouch."

"Others could take the pouch from me," he pointed out.

"Yes."

"Clearly a government job."
    Last edited by Enigma; 11-11-2021 at 06:16 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵďł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The desks are chaotic, and people are being handed out papers and items, while other people are saying things towards the NPC's and it seems they register it quite well.

Gaia does explain Xavier about the generous services they offer towards them, like banking their currency.
    Last edited by AwsomeGuy; 11-11-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast