Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: all pilots!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

The Babylon 5 Starfury gets high marks for a realistic space fighter, so you might want to look at those for small fighters. But I think you're going to want something transatmospheric that will work in both atmosphere and space. One way to do that would be to allow force shields. This could be set to extend past the fighter as a flying wedge to give the fighter more of an aerodynamic profile.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    The Babylon 5 Starfury gets high marks for a realistic space fighter, so you might want to look at those for small fighters. But I think you're going to want something transatmospheric that will work in both atmosphere and space. One way to do that would be to allow force shields. This could be set to extend past the fighter as a flying wedge to give the fighter more of an aerodynamic profile.
    Was that a sign of interest or an observation puzzling friend?
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I think I might like to try this out as well. I’m thinking of a mostly cybernetic alien that uses their more technologically-adept mind to use their ship to greater effect, while still being distinct from a navigational or weapons-system robot.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

It's a sign of interest, yes.

<<<SYSTEM FAILURE>>>
    *Have you tried restarting your warship?*
    Last edited by Enigma; 11-23-2021 at 02:33 AM.

Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

<< STATUS ALERT>>
    Command channel message incoming!

Authenticated Command Code Zulu 57 Alpha
    message follows

I have updated my first post to include more information and I have made some simple info for the ship construction to make a reasonable idea of each crafts features mechanically. Note: no need to get too granular on the payload and hardpoint details as they can be swapped out between sorties, just get the feel you want. Feel free to start building characters and craft if you would like!

Also, for certainty, I will be using 'craft' to describe single operator vessels and 'ship' for multiple member crewed vessels.

Please let me know any questions you have. The goal is to provide a frame work to put the information in a usable format, NOT to stifle creativity and cool ideas.

Action Required!

For those of you who have not indicated yet, I would like an idea of your preferred level of intensity.

Intensity- how severe or what range of hazard do the players want to deal with?
    injuries and material penalties being the lighter end, to deaths and consequences reaching beyond themselves being on the heavier.

Fox said:
    And I think a moderate intensity might be good.
    I would take that as characters can be seriously injured but not outright killed in all but the most extreme circumstances and their actions could affect other players to the point of setting them back as well, but generally to a lesser extent than themselves.
    Last edited by Kach; 11-24-2021 at 04:35 AM.
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I see no issue with your take on what I said! A quick question, can a character have two different ship classes they change based on mission/need? Because I kinda want to run someone who has an interceptor/fighter and a bomber, depending what the mission needs most.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Does the bomber have a mounting rack for transporting the fighter, or do you have a reserve pilot who flies the bomber when you're transferring to a new group? I image the bomber fits the classification of ship while the fighter is a craft.

Moderate is fine with me. Have you ever read Area 88?
    Last edited by Enigma; 11-24-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

I’m also down with a moderate intensity, maybe leaning a bit more to the dangerous side? A real, “any landing you can walk away from is a good one,” kinda feel.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

I also like how in Space: Above and Beyond that the Hammerhead cockpits could separate from the warcraft, allowing the pilots quick access to a pressurized environment as well as acting as an ejection seat/survival pod holding more life support options than just the regular pressure suit.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Does the bomber have a mounting rack for transporting the fighter, or do you have a reserve pilot who flies the bomber when you're transferring to a new group? I image the bomber fits the classification of ship while the fighter is a craft.

Moderate is fine with me. Have you ever read Area 88?

Okay, so now I see that Bomber is a separate classification for a single-crew craft. You might want to try for a combat superior fighter that has a swing-role option as a bomber by outfitting it with either racks or pods.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast