Now this something new. New meant something scary. The King's cruelty was expected, it was dangerous. But it was almost predictable. What would make him angry, what would make him throw things, that could be expected. Kindness, now that was something novel. When he was so openly glowing, so kind and giving, generous even. Arabella hung on to the man's arm, she smiled and nodded. Did as she was expected to do without a single fault or flaw. Though a part of her welcomed the praise. Even if he had solicited it from others for her. Arabella knew that she had done a spectacular job. She did in fact deserve this praise he was heaping on her.

What was wrong with enjoying it? What was wrong with being proud of the work she had done? The work that so many of the household staff he done? It was something she felt strongly about and for a moment... Arabella was on top of the world though, even if she as she did so she was waiting for the fall. "A dozen would be a blessing!" The Queen responded enthusiastically. Of course she would prefer them to be Anthony's and depending on whether or not or how soon Christian took up with her again she would have to take certain steps... to give her future children a chance at a proper father. "If my predecessors could do it, so can I. I will have as many children as the lord allows me." In truth, Arabella would be content with this was her last child.

The Queen did not enjoy pregnancy the way her sister had. She had not faired as triumphantly during the birth as her sister had. And while Arabella loved her daughter more than anything, and was certain she would feel the same for her son, she would just as soon be done with it all. Though... if Anthony did want a child of his own, she would give that to him without question. Arabella would do anything for him. From the corner of her eye she could see him watching her sister, and her sister clearly catching on.

It was of course rather convenient that at the moment the King had touched her, the babe within kicked. Either in acknowledgment or rejection of its father. In a few weeks she would be done with this part, and move on to the part she could not play with Beatrix, the role of a mother. Arabella would care for her child with every fiber in her being. There was no question of it at all. But what was this mood? Where did it come from? The Queen had unconsciously wrapped an arm around the King, holding herself to him, she looked up at the man and smiled ever so brightly, leaning upward now to return the affection with a kiss upon his cheek.

"I must admit we might need a bigger nursery." Arabella laughed turning into her husband rested her other hand upon his chest. The two looked like they loved each other. They sounded like they loved each other. By all accounts these two should have loved one another, but it wasn't meant to be. Arabella if she had known that truly he could not love her, she would begin to fear for her life. Even if he didn't take her life, he could just as easily send her to be alongside Elizabeth. That was a terrible thought.

Arthur took a step back and drew his wife with him. His voice was hushed and concerned, but to anyone who was watching them he was full of smiles and beamed brightly. He could speak with a smile no matter how grave or terrifying the subject matter at hand. "Something feels wrong. He's never that happy, especially not at these things." Arthur said as she wrapped his arms around Alex, mimicking a bit of a slow dance just the two of them. "I should go check on the children." Arthur was beginning to wonder... had he done something to his men? Had the King kidnapped his children? He wanted to know, he was... so afraid and there was no rationale behind it, no reason to any of it.