Thread: Dashing's Rogues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dashing's Rogues

-----------------------

Will have the sheet up in an hour or two

EDIT: That, ladies and gents, is what we like to call a "distracted hour".

-----------------------

Here I have listed my fighter(s), although there's only one at the moment and, should he prove acceptable by the mods, will become my main fighter and the one I choose most frequently.

I may or may not add other fighters at a later date (but I probably will, or at least invent new gadgets for Dashing)

Thanks for reading and I hope to meet you in the field!

If you have any questions or wish to challenge my honour then drop me a visitor or private message and I'll be happy to answer you
    Last edited by TheDashingRogue; 12-22-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    dash-ing adj.
    1. Audacious and gallant; spirited.
    2. Marked by showy elegance; splendid.
    Official Member of the Unofficial RPA Anti-Spam Brigade
    Wears Pink Frilly Gloves!
    (Apparently)
    Spoiler: Click for many bountiful goods! Check back often :D 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Darius “Dashing” Dashville
    Race: Bog-standard Human (hence the heavy use of gadgetry)
    Build: Athletic
    Height: 6'1"
    Hair: Average lengthed brown hair with a rather eccentric quiff to one side, pointed sideburns, pencil moustache and pointed soul patch.
    Eyes: Dark green

Distinctive features:
    Spoiler: Appearance 
    Clothes:
    Darius (Or Dashing to his best enemies) wears only the finest Italian suits, often sporting garish and vibrant colours with which to dazzle his admirers in the audience and attract their utmost attention. In temperate climates he can be expected to wear a fine linen shirt with ascot tie, over which a double-pocketed patterned waistcoat topped by a single-breasted silk suit and trousers. He also regularly sports a short over-shoulder cape attached by a clasp and chain at the front. On his feet he wears exquisite Brogues from the finest Austrian shoe-smiths.

In colder temperatures he sports a furred bomber jacket, leather trousers, thick gloves and arctic strapped boots topped with a cream silk scarf 'round his neck and a fetching pair of darkened circular snow goggles.
    Spoiler: Example of an Ascot tie 
    Spoiler: Example of Brogues 
    Imperma-Weave*

Utilising an ingenious weaving technique more normally found in the baskets produced by the indigenous peoples of southern Swaziland, Darius has been able to reinforce his clothing without detracting from its appearance.

The technique improves the durability of his clothing (mostly silks and cloths) a hundredfold (which isn't too impressive considering they're silks and cloths), and is notably more effective in his waistcoat and undergarments. The name, however, can be seen as something of an overstatement. The weaving technique leaves his apparel at a reduced risk from the usual dangers of tearing, fire, electricity, kinetic impact, impalement, clawing, mastication, damp, moths and dust - but is not impermeable by any measure.

Weapon(s):
    Spoiler: Utility Cane* 
    Spoiler: Grapple-o-matic* (right-handed version pictured - left-handed version used) 
    Spoiler: Optical Enhancilator* 
    Spoiler: Explosive Chronometer* 
    Spoiler: Ol' Jackson 

Abilities:

Standing Ovation

After a particularly graceful manouvre or display of skill, Darius can rouse his many supporters in the crowd to show their adoration through a cacophonous thundering of applause and shouting.

> Causes seismic disruptions through the arena akin to a small earthquake
    > Can damage scenery and structures
    > Characters not in the air (including Darius), depending on their agility, may become unbalanced by it
    > Can only be used once per fight
    > Takes up two turns
    > Requires an immediate success or display of skill prior to use

Other abilities/attributes:

Darius is in posession of one of the largest egos known to man, and as such has an almost unwavering confidence in his own abilities and is impervious to disappointment and self-criticism.

From his career path as a pernicious spoiler of women and professional thief, Darius has become adept at acrobatics, often scaling walls and fleeing overprotective fathers with apparent ease. However, despite his prowess the majority of his actions are often overly flamboyant and extravagant, to please himself as much as his fans.

Darius has duelled many an opponent in many different environments and is a skilled swordsman and fighter, often granting his opponents the freedom to live once defeated or incapacitated. Not only does this help to win him the hearts of swooning maidens, but it also helps to further spread his fame throughout the many taverns of the world as disgraced former noblemen drink their sorrows away and curse his name forever more.

Personality:

Darius has a very errant moral compass, in fact it probably doesn't even have a needle. To him there are no rights or wrongs, only what is necessary.

He is, however, bound by a very skewed version of honour. He won't go back on his word (unless it was never his word to begin with) and he will always respect the decisions of a lady. Killing an opponent in battle is not a necessity to him; whatever gains him glory, fame, money and women is all that's required.

His appearance is very important to him and he denies being "shallow" in any way. After all, he believes that proficient style and dressing requires an in-depth knowledge of societal trends and the human psyche, as well as a scientific matching of colours and patterns that are appealing to the mind.

Background:

Darius Dashville was born in the dampest part of England on the dampest day of the dampest year in the dampest reign of any monarchy, that of Queen Victoria, and has grown to be one of the most famous bachelors in all of Victorian Europe.

He sees himself as somewhat of a genius and inventor but, although his intelligence is not to be underestimated, most of his designs and inventions are thought to be developed from the stolen designs of rival inventors.

Amongst his less succesful inventions are the Steam Powered Ice-Maker*, the Nightcap-Hammer* and the Clockwork Sponge*.

He frequents the houses and estates of many young women of society and is a notorious casanova. It is rumoured that he once managed to remain undetected in the private chamber of the daughter of the Duke of York for more than three weeks, leaving amidst a barrage of shotgun fire wearing nothing but a thin bedsheet, a hunting cap and a single silk glove. To this day nobody, not even Darius himself, can work out why.

Although some of his wealth is born from his few succesful inventions, the vast majority comes from the theft of various heirlooms and gold bullion from several landowners and governments. He was once pursued, for a short while, by the expert investigator Dr Sherlock Holmes on behalf of the British Government, but ground to a halt as the eminent Doctor attempted to sift through the vast amount of clues and witness statements available to him on Darius after a single night's "expedition" through the drinking clubs of London.

Adored by countless fans throughout Europe and the wider Victorian world, he seeks even greater fame by pitting his stylish good looks and superior intellect against all those who oppose him or, dare they indeed, insult his honour.

* Patents Pending

----------

NOTE TO MODS:

This character may be subject to change as and when I devise new inventions for him, but never when engaging in a fight. All "versions" of this sheet and whichever equipment I use and in which fights will be kept record of in this thread.

Hopefully that makes sense
    Last edited by TheDashingRogue; 12-22-2010 at 07:49 PM.
    dash-ing adj.
    (Apparently)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Turing
    Race: Program - Security
    Build: Average
    Height: 6'0"
    Hair: None
    Eyes: None

Distinctive features:
    Spoiler: Appearance 
    Weapon(s):

Abilities:

Other abilities/attributes:

Personality:

Background:

More to come soon...
    Last edited by TheDashingRogue; 12-23-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    dash-ing adj.
    (Apparently)