Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M]Would-Be Heroes Off to Help Save the World(OOC)

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Default [M]Would-Be Heroes Off to Help Save the World(OOC)

Processes in this world are subject to causes that are supernatural and with powerful entities involved. There was a powerful being to start with in this world, before people were here. Great items of controlling things were around then, but they are hidden now that we don't find them, yet they still affect things in our world. One is known as the Great Rod of Grim. With possessing that and carrying it generally, one is enabled to easily come to ruling over others with the least resistance. Another one is the Overicon of Removal. There were items opening portals to other realms, and ones that were over different sorts of weather, and ones over health and mortality. There is a tan lantern, with which one turns up or turns down daylight. There is a glowing jar, with which one turns the sea level higher or lower. There is a hand held crimson fan, with which one turns the wind up or down. There is a purple pot, with which one turns the heat in the world up or down. There is a lengthening pole, with which one makes stars fall from the sky. Many of them are still active, responding to changes of stress in the earth to be triggered, while they remain hidden, and hard to find. There is one large artifact that could alter the timeline into something else. It would affect everyone, and the exact way to use it would have to be known for a desired effect. Yet anything else might be changed along with that effect, which could not happen in isolation. With an altered timeline, affecting everyone, there are some who would not still be around with that powerful alteration. So it would be very dangerous to use. It was the underground Gebb who had revealed the starholders, the great orbs, and other artifacts, and hid them again finally, at the climax of the archeodragon uprising.

The ancient dragons, archeodragons, came to dominate over all the life, which they did for another long age. But when the Father of Men, Aldin, came, he worked a curse on all of them, archeodragons and other dragons, and they fell to a great plague. Many of them were dying, all over the place, so their bones are found anywhere. But a small remnant, no more than twenty, escaped to the attached island that joined the land at that time, and they went into the cave to hide from the plague. But they were not seen again. The children of Aldin then began to live in the land, working to have the edible things they wanted growing from it. They grew in number, and when those things were not enough, many went to the shore and found lobsters and crabs to catch, and they brought those for their food.

But when some of them were making trips to the shore, they saw that the island with the cave was moving apart from the shore of their land. Aldin told them, the dragon remnant that had entered the cave there were behind it moving. They were not gone for good. That meant they would return, and dominate the world as dragons had before.

In later years the Society of Rescuers of the World formed. It originated from the founders' idea that a certain few of the very powerful artifacts that had been spoken of in records should be found and used for the sake of saving the people of the world from that predicted return of the dragons to come dominate the world again. These devices and artifacts are yet very hard to find, but over generations clues were found, and would be heroes are drawing closer to finding any one of a few of them.

The Academy of Learning Heroic Use of Devices is the premier center where individuals have been preparing for finding certain powerful devices with known clues and understanding ways such might be used. Here are certain promising ones who
    are well trained, with a couple of exceptional abilities. They are supplied with a list of clues, which they have studied, for an invested search for any of the artifacts, knowing though that there are many more from the institute sent out at this time, as had happened previously, on the same sort of search.

Belvanaj was a tall young man a little over twenty, slender but with large wide shoulders and strong arms, with blond-brown hair growing not much past his collar, and a very short trim beard. He can run especially fast and maintain that run a couple of miles. He received his scroll of the recognition of achievement, his bag of traveling money for the research and mission, the rolled up lists that would help with more likely places and information passed on that must be clues, and remembered secret for use of devices, and a good stave to walk with showing that recognition from the Academy of Learning Heroic Use of Devices.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Elloria is a young woman, about 20 years old, of average height and slim features, with dark skin, darker eyes, and long, smooth, straight hair that is darker still, that reaches just shy of her mid back. She's lithe and dexterous, and in another life would have likely made an excellent thief; however, in this one, she is a recent graduate of the Academy of Learning Heroic Use of Devices. For years, Elloria has been molded into a resourceful creature, quick at thinking on her feet and leveraging a situation to her advantage through either her silver tongue or through intimidation. Since graduation, Elloria has been outfitting for and tasked with finding the ancient artifacts, and would be travelling with Belvanaj after the current clues that they had to work with.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Okay, @upscalerat; I have the IC thread up with all of what is here in this OOC thread before this post shown there. https://role-player.net/forum/showth...6781&p=3101937 I incorporated what you wrote of your character there in it, I hope that is alright with you. And we can roleplay there now, you writing for your character, and I responding with mine. I do not think others will join in it, but there is a possibility of one that I communicated with coming to this, and it would be alright as we are just starting with it now. As it may be just us, either of us might introduce some other character or someone to respond to, as well. The setting would be that urban area surrounded still by wide country spaces, with fields, forests, meadows, woodlands, rivers, hills and mountains, of temperate climate, without accummulated pollution.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I might jump in on this but I'm needing some more information;

What's the technology level of this world? Medieval? industrial revolution? Steampunk?

What does the landscape resemble? Mainland Europe? Africa? Somewhere else? What about the surrounding towns? What's the fashion?

'The Academy of Learning Heroic Use of Devices is the premier centre where individuals have been preparing for finding certain powerful devices with known clues and understanding ways such might be used. Here are certain promising ones who are well trained, with a couple of exceptional abilities.'

How were they prepared? What abilities do they have? How large in this organisation? Do they have magic? If so, what kinds are acceptable?

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I am glad if I can hold your interest in this. I am yet wanting to continue with the one I was role-playing with, and if I have that continue I can still have a place for your character that you might introduce. I envision this place is a world much like ours, but not quite the same. There were actual archeodragons, and the dragons continuing from them. I envision this as preindustrial, with megamite and maybe other exotic metals, and maybe some medieval and some renaissance characteristics. There are creatures that are different than those here, though some resemble some that are in our world. There is open country, and much of it would be like in Europe. Fashions are varied, many are like fashions here, or some that have been. Nudity of some in places is not taboo, still, as it is not completely uncommon. There is magic and supernatural things. There are ways of controlling things that individuals are trained for. There is a class with specialized knowledge. There are huge organizations.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I was thinking of going with a necromancer character if that'd be acceptable? It would be ultilising D&D type spells.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rothwell View Post
    I was thinking of going with a necromancer character if that'd be acceptable? It would be ultilising D&D type spells.
    I can work with a necromancer in roleplaying at this site. Still this would-be-heroes thread is about individuals newly trained, for the pursuit of finding special artifacts and knowing ways those might be used. A necromancer will not really fit with it about would-be-heroes newly trained for this. I hope you are still interested in roleplaying with this thread for it, if you are set on using a necromancer, another thread I have, or could start, can work for that. I like the thread I have that no one continued with but me on the pursuit for the restoration. Individuals with such special abilities will fit into D&D adventure roleplaying, like that. Of course, if you are like me why not both, another story roleplayed, and this?

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I can switch to another character who fits the newly-trained theme. What kind of magic is acceptable in your rp?

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rothwell View Post
    I can switch to another character who fits the newly-trained theme. What kind of magic is acceptable in your rp?
    In other threads I could use a character of a D&D class. In this one I just have a mission for would-be-heroes, one with a D&D class would already be a hero, without the training these would-be-heroes will have. They are ones who are well trained, with a couple of exceptional abilities. They are supplied with a list of clues, which they have studied, for an invested search for any of the artifacts, with lists that would help with more likely places and information passed on that must be clues, and remembered secrets for use of devices, and a good stave to walk with showing that recognition from the Academy of Learning Heroic Use of Devices. I suggest what things they have learned will be of use for this, but they are without class advantages, yet a found artifact can be used by one of those trained who find it.

I hope you are still interested in this, along with the one I roleplay with in this already. Let me know if another thread I started seems more interesting.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Could their training include learning magic? If so, what kind is acceptable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast