Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Fantasy RP (Character Based)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Looking for Fantasy RP (Character Based)

Hello everyone. I have a few fantasy-based characters I've wanted to roleplay as for a while and am posting to see if anyone would like to RP with me. I have listed the characters below.

Lord Salgon: A new ideology has taken hold in certain places of the world. Some, through study of history, have come up with a theory called "The Dark Lord Cycle." The basic theory is that when a land falls into chaos, a tyrannical "Dark Lord" must rise to power and bring the anarchy to heel. At the height of his power, then, a hero will come along, chosen by the Powers That Be to defeat the Dark Lord and usher in an era of peace. Lord Salgon believes himself to be destined to become the next Dark Lord, and has proven himself a capable warrior in pursuit of this goal. (I think it could be especially interesting to have your character be his best friend or something like that, someone who still sees good in him)

Princess Valindra: The princess of an elven kingdom, and member of a royal family that was deposed from power. Princess Valindra is looking to restore herself to her birthright, and knows she will need allies to do so. She is a gifted sorceress.

Briscoe: A dog that has been around for ages beyond counting and does not know why. Briscoe is a large dog who has popped up throughout history to aid people who have an important and heroic destiny. (Basically, he will protect and help your character)

Fulk Eastriver: A murderer on the run from the law who often finds himself helping heroic people, much to his own dismay.

Mycelium Man: This character was inspired by the Netflix documentary "Fantastic Fungi." Basically, he's a super-hero type of character (sort of) whose powers are all fungus-based. If you know about some of the strange things fungi can do, you know what a boon that would be.

I may add more to this list later. If possible, I would also like for us to occasionally use dice and the like to determine the outcome of certain events, otherwise too often stories just go surprisingly well for our characters. The dice add a randomness to it that can make the stories more interesting. Electronic dice are fine, of course.

PM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by LordSalgon; 01-28-2022 at 09:25 PM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum!

@GodlyD&D, @Kach, @Cinderella, @InfraredHero, @Koti~, @Namingtoohard; would any of you be interested in this?
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I must admit the Briscoe angle does intrigue me.
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Apparently your PM's are full. Here is my reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSalgon
    Hey, you mentioned that you might be interested in the Briscoe (dog) RP?
    Yes, it does seem like an interesting premise depending on how it's done. Tell me more about this dog.

Are we talking an otherwise ordinary dog that just seems to come and go through the ages?
    (Littlest hobo, Lassie, Rin Tin Tin)

Or is there some other angle there?
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

As far as his abilities, he's a relatively normal dog (except that he's somehow been around for hundreds of years). The one unusual ability I have in mind for him is that he has the ability to smell evil, though dogs kind of have that in the real world too, in a way. As far as breed, he's supposed to be a mix between St. Bernard, Mastiff, and Great Dane. So... a BIG dog. Tall and wide.

Fantasy, Historical, & Yaoi <3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes! Thank you @azazeal These all look great! I especially like Salgon and the Princess! been wanting to do a fantasy 1x1 for a while <3

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I'm with Cinderella. Lord Salgon and Princess Valindra both seem like they'd be right up my alley.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm pretty eager to play Lord Salgon, at the moment. Shall we talk plot or details about your character?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty excited to play Lord Salgon myself. And, of course, we can play multiple background characters as necessary to develop the plot. Heck, I'd even be cool with you "GMing" for me and controlling every character except Lord Salgon himself.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

This sounds interesting and I am not at all too busy if I can be involved in this. I would most want to roleplay a hero or a helping companion to one, who may become heroic in their own right. It seems at least just a little reminiscent of LOTR, maybe even the dog reflects Bombadil to some extent, being untouched by the ages.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordSalgon View Post
    I'm pretty eager to play Lord Salgon, at the moment. Shall we talk plot or details about your character?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty excited to play Lord Salgon myself. And, of course, we can play multiple background characters as necessary to develop the plot. Heck, I'd even be cool with you "GMing" for me and controlling every character except Lord Salgon himself.
    I'm not entirely sure if you were referring to me or Cinderella, considering the order of our posts. If you were referring to me, then I'd be more than happy to discuss all the specifics in Private Messages!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast