Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for horror Storylines!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Looking for horror Storylines!

Hi! Would anyone be interested in writing a horror storyline with me?
    My muse is really high for my detective character, so maybe an investigation perhaps? He often times is set on cases of the supernatural, more time than not. I'd be up to interact with anyone!
    Hope ya'll are doing well.
    - Novvell

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

@GodlyD&D; I recall you doing a similar story recently, would this be something you might be interested in?
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Thanks for paging me. I am basically willing to try any of many different things for writing, with the roleplaying involved, this will be included. It is not my specialization already, there was that roleplaying thread I was involved in with another with ideas for it, and that was a thread with vampire masters involved, in Mysteries in the Neighborhood. I had a character as a detective in that. I would willingly come and join in to work at this.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

So would this take place where everyone knows about the supernatural creatures, or are they underground as it were, and in need of a detective?

Possibly some secret world like the wizards had in Harry Potter?

Would this be set in an earlier time or modern?
    Last edited by Enigma; 01-06-2022 at 05:54 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hi there! Thank you both for replying! In Cattaneo's universe, it's pretty well known that there are supernatural creatures but there is also a lot of speculation of it, kinda like how people are with ghosts in our world. Many believers, many skeptics. The timeline is flexible! I never set an exact timeline for that character of mine actually, so I'm willing to be in anytime, but he's around the 90s/early 2000s, but I'd be willing to do it in any.
    - Novvell

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

@NOVVELL; Okay, so a shared world where the supernatural exist as secret societies among the humans, with their own bars, clubs, schools, organizations, etc. Perhaps an underground railroad to move displaced or discovered supernaturals to safe havens until a more permanent location could be found.

Some humans may, of course, have stumbled onto this secret world. Those that are discrete may be welcome, but those who would try to expose their world may have to be taken care of, one way or another.

And when there's a problem, especially one that involves humans (someone stumbled down the wrong alley and found a club that doesn't cater to humans), they can't call on the police without risking revealing themselves. A detective who could move between the human world and the hidden supernatural world would be very useful.

Of course, there may be other services as well.
    Last edited by Enigma; 01-07-2022 at 05:39 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes! Exactly! Kinda like how Queen of the damned and Buffy had it rolling. Honestly I haven't really gotten to write him in with the supernatural all that much yet. The most I've gotten is a single storyline outside of here where he was investigating a phantom murderer. I'm up to write when ever you are!
    - Novvell

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

So we have a range of supernatural creatures that could be divided into two groups - predators and benevolents (which is not to say benevolents are immediately warm and helpful to humans or can't become dangerous themselves, or that some predators aren't friendly - at least at first.)

Benevolents may include angels, centaurs, skinwalkers (not to be confused with Kitsune and the like), etc.

Predators may include demons, vampires, werewolves, etc.

Ideally, most of these would need to be able to pass themselves off as human - if they don't already look human, they may use disguises, glamor, cosmetic surgery or shape-changing. Otherwise they would need to hide themselves and work through intermediaries (human or supernaturals who can pass as human) to get necessities, like Kala from The Golden Child.

Then there's the matter of what are these beings doing in the city where they may run into humans in the first place?

Some, I'm sure, are just ordinary people working 9-5 jobs with their co-workers totally unaware of their nature.

Some may be running a shop with both human and supernatural customers. A butcher may be selling bottled animal blood to some of their vampire customers, for example. But while that's important information for this world, it's not going to get players excited all that much.

Crime, however, would always excite them. This is, after all, a story about detectives.

So we have criminals in this world - would almost have to. Displaced and extended life supernaturals would need forged ID, driver's licenses, etc just to blend in. But others may be more organized - a supernatural mafia, if you will. Such would have their own enforcers, of course, so a detective may need to negotiate with their bosses for a human to be released to them. For a fee, of course.

Of course, we can't let it get out that the vampires are running a secret nightclub, so a witch may need to alter the human's memories a bit.

And there may be some rivalry between supernatural gangs over control of territory.

Or a supernatural being has died unexpectedly (someone's killing the vampires - but only another vampire could have done it). The body (or whatever remains of it) may need to be examined by that table of forensic examiners at the corner table at the local pizza shop (there's a reason there's a curtain for that alcove). Or perhaps a ghoul is working the night shift at the morgue (full of tasty snacks).

Of course, at the other end of the scale, you have the self-righteous self-appointed defenders of humanity who see it as their duty to destroy the supernatural threat.

It's possible that some of these places may be linked by a secret network of tunnels and the like.
    Last edited by Enigma; 01-07-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Cattaneo himself is often centered in the fictional town of Borough Hills, a little area outside of Detroit. Over there the population of strange cases seems to skyrocket around certain times of the season, mainly when people tend to be out and about the most. In his case, the majority of his time has been spent trying to track down a 'person' known as The Ferryman, the case that is often called the Phantom Murders since he can't seemed to be tracked down, like a ghost in the wind, which might just be what he truly is. Despite this, perhaps vampires, werewolves, etc could slowly be coming into town? Making it even more difficult for him and who ever else he ends up teaming with to handle and make it through a single case?

Depending on how we interact, he could go against yours or team with yours. I'm totally in for either!
    - Novvell

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I just realized I never replied to you, I'm sorry!
    I'd be totally down to interacting, and it would be pretty rad for my detective to interact with yours ! Or any role, really. I love getting to interact with people I haven't before. Hope you're doing well!
    - Novvell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast