Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to the End of the World (Sci-fi, Post Apocalypse)

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MimiDumpling View Post
    Who doesn't love the apocalypse? :p This looks like a lot of fun Engima and, like all your posts, is written so well.
    Thank you, I hope it attracts a lot of interest.

What is the wildlife like after six years?
    The wildlife took a hit, just like everyone else, but is begining to rebound. Very few mutant wildlife have been discovered round Ruin City, but more disturbing is more exotic animals are appearing - gorillas, lions, tigers, elephants, and so on that may have escaped from zoos or circuses.

What is the culture of Ruin city like?
    Inside the city itself, the people feel hope and satisfaction, knowing that they are rebuilding the world. Their policy is that women and children have priority coming in, but they are screened. Men with education and experience are also admitted. Almost everyone in the city works at something - almost everyone is involved with the farms in rotation, for example.

Old Town residents, however, point out it's one of the few time you see the women. It's like once they go in, they never come out.

Another area they focus on is the Market Quarter - it's opened on Wednesdays and Saturdays for outsiders to come in to trade their goods. Some of it is worthless scrap but can be salvaged, other bits are useful. How they come by their goods is not nearly as important, many of them are well aware how brutal it can be outside the walls.

However, if something gets the attention of the mayor, say military gear, he may be willing to make a deal to find out if there's more. The city does have a few trucks they've rewired and gotten running again that use a home-made biodiesel fuel - and defenses that wouldn't look out of place in a Mad Max movie.

On the other side of the wall, opposite of the Market Gate sits Old Town. A few surviving buildings along a stretch of road, a few of them clearly part of a strip mall, with some new log cabins and stables behind them. There's a bar, doctor's office, a blacksmith, an empty but occupied military surplus store (Almost of its stock was claimed by Ruin City for the emergency at the beginning). While some of them, like the Doc Brown, would be welcome inside the city, most of the residents prefer to stay on the outside.

Are they super religious because of all the rural bible belt refugees? Do they still consider their selves American?
    Religion is a touchy subject. Do some of the people think they got left behind during the Rapture? Possibly. Do some continue to practice their religion? Yes.

And yes, most of the residents believe themselves to be in America - however, Mayor Tyrell points out that until they get reconnected with the outside world, Ruin City is under martial law. Outsiders cannot carry guns into the Market Quarter, they have to leave them at a stand at the gate before being allowed in. Armed guards on walkways and a gallows in the market quarter is a constant reminder that justice in Ruin City is quick.

I am dying to know more and see more of your world lol. If you don't mind a beginner joining in I would love to be part of this.
    Love beginners, looking forward to seeing other people's viewpoints.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Sci Fi, Post-Apocolypse, Slice of Life, Drama, Historical, Whatever
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I love it :) Thank you for taking the time to give me such detailed answers. :) I think you are painting a great picture of a civilization half way out of ruin. :)

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

A site I used to visit (it's gone, now) used to have this Talking-in-Character forum, it was great. They started up a post-apocalyptic game they called Crippled Planet (the apocalypse happened but nobody was sure what had happened) that was very sandbox. A home base was needed so a friend and I stepped in with Ruin City, where my character was based in Old Town.

Now other players had a place to go, but it needed a hook. So the mayor, who was a good friend of the scavenger's uncle (who disappeared on a job for the mayor), came out to offer the scavenger a place in the city. Only the scavenger didn't realize the mayor was behind them, so when the mayor startled them, she turned around and sliced his face with her knife.

So, of course, the mayor put a bounty on her. Alive. Now we had a goal, to keep away from from the mayor.

(one of the players tried to negotiate, but the mayor somehow manage to turn it around on my scavenger, saying anyone who'd attack like that had problems and needed treatment.)

Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Sci Fi, Post-Apocolypse, Slice of Life, Drama, Historical, Whatever
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Lmao classic Enigma... Step 1: Cut someone's face. Step 2: Build a rich, immersive post apocalyptic world and open it up to more people. Step 3: Cut more faces?

I love that this is building off of a story you have played before. :) When this starts will you be playing the same scavenger?

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Maybe. With a name change. Much too much tied to it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That's true lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12