Thread: The Lost World - Interest Check

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Default The Lost World - Interest Check

The canyon walls fell away all at once, revealing stark cliffs to either side. Ahead of them, the caldera stretched deep and impossibly wide, as if some giant god had grown displeased and struck the earth in anger. The glittering river turned into churning rapids and disappeared over the edge of the bowl, where they could see it joined with a large, oblong lake. Strange shapes fluttered over the canopy, flying like bats but far too large. Bats, or perhaps dragons.

———

The year is 1912, and an exciting year it is. The last few blank spaces of the maps have been all but filled in. Yet a few places exist that have yet to be touched by man. The late Professor Challenger’s journal, recovered after his untimely death in the Amazon, speak of one such place: an area known by the locals as el nido de dragones. The intrepid explorer never got to reach the caldera proper, but his notes include witness accounts by natives of massive creatures the likes of which live nowhere else in the world. It seems that this caldera, located deep in the rainforests of South America, holds the last population of non-avian dinosaurs.

———

Howdy! This idea has been knocking around in my mind for a while, a retelling of Arthur Conan Doyle’s famous novel The Lost World. It would follow a similar, but slightly different premise to the novel: A group of explorers, financed by an eccentric and filthy rich self-styled adventurer, would set out on an expedition to track down and explore Challenger’s legendary Lost World.

Sound interesting?
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm definitely interested!