Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: (M-IC) Quest for the Restoration

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Iperanton had to work at the triggering fast, as these rotmonsters were moving fast, though without apparent legs it did not appear that they would. They already reached this road where the riders with their urban camels were, while Iperanton still worked at triggering his device. And then one of the rotmonsters was teleported this time. One was still there, coming right toward the riders. The urban camels were ready to bolt back along the way they had come, and these mounts could still go faster. But the riders needed to go on forward, and this remaining rotmonster had to be dealt with too instead of remaining loose. As Iperanton still worked the same way for his device to work on this one, Jaydeen in the elfin body and Galvishar, and Lucion and Trysina in each other's bodies, stayed by him ready with their blade weapons out, to make a defense against the tentacles that it would use to throw down or strangle.

One tentacle reached for Iperanton right away as soon as that rotmonster had come close enough. He continued with his triggering method as Jaydeen struck out with a swiping movement at it near the tip where it came so close to Iperanton. That tentacle withdrew as another just was reaching at Jaydeen. But Trysina in Lucion's body struck with her weapon on that tentacle, which the rotmonster then waved angrily. It reached out with three other tentacles, as Iperanton finished that triggering session. That rotmonster was suddenly gone from there, sent to where Iperanton had said he sent the other ones.

Those five were gone. But four others that had turned to go the other way were now far along that way further from them, on the way to the community further on from there.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Lucion said, "That is Wylacard that road goes toward!"

Iperanton said, "The rotmonsters are now further that way. I need to be closer to them to trigger teleportation on them, though I can have them teleported much further away. We must go follow after them, and get close enough to those rotmonsters for doing that before they draw near to Wylacard to be a threat there."

Jaydeen said, "You need to be close enough for doing that. But I and maybe the others here will go along to be some defense for you again."

Trysina and Lucion said they would do that, and Galvishar said he would go along too for that.

Iperanton urged his hesitant urban camel forward to the crossroads, and turned there toward the west with the row of strangler rotmonsters a distance further on along that simple road. The others went with him, and they hurried forward to outpace those rotmonsters, to draw closer. They gradually shortened the distance to the rotmonsters which also went quickly, yet before they came to where Iperanton would say that was close enough, the hugely varied homes and structures of the community of Wylacard came into view where it sat between hills further on.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

There were a few individuals outside the gate of Wylacard that they saw still far ahead, though they saw those ones were not human either. There was one like a gorilla, another was a great creature like a superwolf, and there was a giant raptor. These creatures still wore items and it seemed to indicate they held respectable positions in the society there.They were in a plot near the gate gathering something there which they brought into the bags they held.

The strangler rotmonsters were quickly approaching there. Iperanton said, "I don't know if the teleportation power will reach those rotmonsters yet from here, but I have to try, or we may be too late to save some individuals from them." He stopped and started with his triggering of the device with him to send the supernatural translational thermodynamic energy at the rotmonsters.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The strangler rotmonsters were quickly approaching there. Iperanton said, "I don't know of the teleportation power will reach those rotmonsters yet from here, but I have to try, or we may be too late to save some individuals from them." He stopped and started with his triggering of the device with him to send the supernatural translational thermodynamic energy at the rotmonsters.

After another moment, the teleportation power was released, and one rotmonster behind the others was gone from that spot, with Iperanton, aiming it to reach that canyon they had gone through. The rotmonsters left were still coming closer to that community, and the few workers just outside its walls then. Iperanton hurried to trigger teleportation on the next one behind the others. They were coming right up to those workers then though. When Iperanton sent that effect, the workers belatedly saw the rotmonsters close to them. The one appearing as a gorilla cast a long instrument that had been there with a spade for one end at one near rotmonster, as one behind them was teleported then. The other workers fled toward the gate, but the gorilla was caught by a tentacle then, and was waved around, as Iperanton still worked on the next trigger. Before he could finish, the gorilla worker bit right into the tentacle wrapped around him, which would strangle him while he was waved around. He still bit, and bit again. The tentacle waved him around harder. Iperanton finally triggered the teleportation on the other rotmonster, which was then gone to appear then in that canyon.

Iperanton said. "I should not have teleportation remove that last one while that one holds that worker, or the worker will also be gone teleported with it."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

That part made sense to the others. Yet that worker was in trouble. Being in the tight grip of that tentacle was strangling that one, who could no longer really fight after being waved around strongly. The riders hurried forward on their urban camels, which did not fear as much after more of those creatures had just disappeared and only one was left. After a little more time they were near to the rotmonster, where they could not ride the urban camels closer. Galvishar leaped down from the urban he rode on, which Arapegol had been riding on earlier, with the blade he had obtained out, toward the rotmonster but behind where the rotmonster would see it with its eye. With his blade he struck hard at the tentacle holding that worker and still waving him around in its strangling grip. The strike of the sharp blade nearly cut the tentacle off, it came lower to the ground, and the grip was released. The worker rolled away, much weaker. The rotmonster turned and seeing Galvishar quickly came at him with the other tentacles extended though Galvishar had quickly backed up after that strike.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jaydeen, Lucion and Trysina had followed from their urban camels right after Galvishar had run to save the gorilla worker from the tentacled rotmonster. When the rotmonster reached its other tentacles toward Galvishar, they went on either side of him to strike at the tentacles as they came.

Just then Iperanton finished with his motions and call to trigger the instrument he used, and the rotmonster was just then teleported, to where Iperanton told them the others had been sent. The rotmonsters were all gone now.

The gorilla worker lay on the ground a little distance away. Galvishar said, "We need to go check on that one."

He went forward, and Jaydeen, Lucion and Trysina followed, and Iperanton rode the urban camel he had nearer.

Galvishar looked over this one to see if there was indication the worker still lived. He said after a moment, "He is breathing ... heavily."

He bent down to carefully touch around him. "Can you hear me?"

After another moment the gorilla opened his eyes a little. He spoke. "Gaba doo Bana wadum."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Galvishar said, "He is certainly alert, though I do not understand him. I want to be sure he is not broken anywhere and can still move around."

Jaydeen said, "There are some who are approaching right now."

The others traveling with Jaydeen looked toward where the road entered into that walled community with unique structures for homes. They saw coming from there a superwolf which must be the one they had seen previously, a giant raptor, and a great creature like a superbeaver.

These ones came from the community of Wylacard toward them. Then they heard from the superbeaver one, "You have rid our settlement of the monsters that suddenly came here, and saved this one and others of Wylacard that they would have attacked. We are indebted to you."

Galvishar said, "We understand you, but this one might have been really hurt, and I cannot understand what he is saying."

They heard from the superbeaver standing there near them with the giant raptor on one side and the superwolf on the other side, "This one is a trapper gorilla, we will check on his condition. He can speak his own speech and many words of the common speech of Wylacard, which I and the others here speak. I communicate with telepathy to you so you will each understand me. I would offer you a place here this evening, to honor you for heroically saving those in our settlement from more attacks from those monsters."

Jaydeen said, "That would honor us, though we saw we had to deal with these which are rotmonsters in any case. But we have more of our party who were coming after us, to reach the destination where we were headed, and they should not lose us. We must go back to where that road crosses this, to go that way still. But maybe at some time in the near future, some of us might come this way again to visit this place."

"I hope you will, you will not be forgotten. I wish you the safety and speed on your way."

The giant raptor and the superwolf were checking on that trapper gorilla just then. He seemed to be alright, as Jaydeen, Galvishar, and the others now on the urban camels turned to go, they saw the trapper gorilla sit up and wave to them.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Iperanton said to the other riders on their urban camels, "We should hurry to that main road to reach Quadick, there were those coming behind us who would expect us to be there ahead of them."

Jaydeen said, "Yes, but it would have been good otherwise to stay with the offered hospitality at Wylacard, as we would now be going along the road as nightfall comes, and there could be more rotmonsters coming along that road, not as easily seen when it gets darker."

They rode quickly still and they came nearer to that main road, and when it was in view, they saw the half giant running that way. Iperanton and others shouted out, but that half giant one did not hear, and continued running on. The riders rode quickly on with their urban camels to reach where the roads intersected, and turned that way, to ride as quickly as they could in that direction where the half giant went, and the sun set with twilight left, to grow dimmer.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

It was still short of being the total darkness of night away from cities, as twilight deepened, when a strangler rotmonster was encountered. The riders, who rode faster, were quickly catching up with the half-giant who ran unknowingly ahead of them, and she ran almost right into the rotmonster who was coming up toward them. The strangler rotmonster was quickly aware and shot a tentacle out catching the half-giant who had just barely stopped short of running right into that creature. Though the tentacle was quickly around her, she kept her arms free, and grabbed onto that tentacle, with great strength, and with a jerk swung the rest of the rotmonster off the ground, and then around her as she circle around. The riders had stopped as they saw she did this as she was caught in that tentacle, which yet remained around her.

Iperanton said, "I cannot teleport that rotmonster while she is in its grip, even if it worked, she would be teleported with that creature. Yet now we are significantly further from that canyon and I might not succeed at teleporting that one that far."

They could just watch as the half-giant continued to fight off that creature with that grip on her. She had then turned to swing the creature in the reverse direction, with the grip on her still tightening.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The riders could see the half giant was straining, as the grip of the tentacle around was now weakening her. Iperanton could not teleport the rotmonster away while it gripped her. Galvishar then ran up from the urban camel he rode toward the half giant, with the short sword with him, and watched the swing of the rotmonster, and right when it swung by he hurried to be closer to the half giant, and when that tentacle was coming that way again, he swung the blade with all his strength into the tentacle. It cut almost all the way through, and the tentacle released the half giant, and the rotmonster sailed a good distance away where it had been swung, with its injured tentacle along with the other tentacles.

Iperanton then spent some time triggering the teleportation on it. But when he finished, they could still see it in the little light left where it had been thrown.

Iperanton said, "We are now too far from the canyon, and the teleportation will not reach that far."

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast