Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (M)Quest for the Restoration(OOC)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The urban camels were all clearly agitated now. Arapegol called out to those approaching, who now must be in hearing range of Arapegol shouting. "Stop, and do not come further forward still. If you do our mounts will panic and bolt!"

The beast stopped as if understanding. That being appearing as a half-giant stopped too, and helped the one on the large beast off the beast's back, that one who was riding seemed to have been damaged. Then Arapegol noticed something, proving Jaydeen right, that one who had been riding looked like him, even with clothes he had worn. It was that one who had taken his body! Those others must be ones he had seen that remained together until now. Jaydeen had said, he now recalled, they had all gone together, until Jaydeen was separated from them at the Primal Forest.

The large beast was now changing shape. It was a lycanthrope! It must be! And Arapegol saw that shape gradually form into a man. Another familiar looking person.

Jaydeen, in the body of the female elf with the female elf's voice still, said, "That is the one with my body now. I am really glad to see they survived."

Arapegol recalled those he had seen in Quadick before, right after the alteration that put minds of individuals into others' bodies. That other one with the half-giant body must be where the mind of the female elf whose body Jaydeen found his mind in went.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

After that shift, it was soon noticed that the urban camels were becoming less agitated. After a few moments more, Arapegol waved to those others to come forward still. They could only do so gradually, the one with Arapegol's original body had evidently hurt it. They were eventually closer, and Arapegol recognized the two others now, along with Jaydeen in the other body still. Jaydeen's original body had been that beast, and reformed to Jaydeen's body again. It had to be the power of the mind in it, it was pretty certain that Jaydeen did not ever have that power. The half-giant which they saw was female had the mind of that female elf whose body Jaydeen's mind was in, that one did not seem to speak with the common speech of the area. And it was that woman in the carriage that was being robbed right at the time of the alteration switching people's minds to other bodies whose mind was now in Arapegol's original body.

Arapegol explained that he and those with him mounted on these large animals, the urban camels, were on a quest to find the amulet that would still restore them and all others effected to their original bodies. "But what happened to all of you?"

The one with Jaydeen's body spoke. "We followed along with this one with you, Jaydeen's mind in the elf body now, toward Erpedoben along the road. But it goes along the edge of the Primal Forest, and that is infested with tentacled rotmonsters now, which we were not ready for. Their tentacles reached out and pulled us into the forest with them, where those monsters might consume us. We lost this one with Jaydeen's mind then, and none of us ever knew what happened. But I reacted, turning into the great terrible animal and was slashing at the tentacles of the monsters that had reached us. I easily freed this one who has my original body, who was strong enough to fight the tentacle of that monster, and then we both helped this one free, who was still hurt though, with some injury to the leg. I had to remain in the animal form to carry this one, who clearly has your body, and could speak with me, while the one in my original body isn't really speaking, among us."
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 05-17-2022 at 03:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12