Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: (M)Quest for the Restoration(OOC)

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Arapegol had to remember what he had learned of these, many years ago, without giving them further thought since. These were rare creatures. One of each has in its head is a large sparkling gem, which is inherently part of the animal. One will come near to a small group of people, and can use the capacity of telepathy the creature might have to communicate to them. Obtaining the gem would have it turn to worthless dust if the creature dies. To further complicate matters, they can will themselves to die and have no fear or concept of death. It would take careful coaxing by a personable wizard to get one to give up its gem willingly. These creatures were not hostile, but while they were not malevolent they were not really benevolent either.

Arapegol considered whether to come nearer and let the gem armadillo know of his presence. He might leave some distance from the group to do so.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Finally Arapegol decided to come out from under that low canopy of the small tree, where he and the others were staying this night, and sit out in the grassy area a few steps away, where that creature might take notice of him, while passing by. He had just sat down, and the gem armadillo now was coming near its closest approach, without going to that tree, when that animal looked up and clearly saw him, and looked at him for awhile.

Arapegol then heard the voice which must have been telepathic, "What in the world? How do you just happen to be sitting right there?"

He answered, "I am on a journey, for retrieving an amulet, that I must reach that further city, and surely beyond it, for helping those I came from with a needed restoration. For us, gems are very important. I came here to stop and rest for the coming night. I saw no better place for that along the way than right here. But I found there is a structure further on, that way, that has had use. Do you know anything about that? And what do you do here?"

"I have a burrow further on that way. I return from foraging. I do know about that structure. It is used by a bipedal being, sort of like you, yet larger, with more hair. That one comes and spends several nights there when the moon grows fuller, I expect that one will be coming here tomorrow."

Arapegol said, "Well I can be gone tomorrow. Thank you for telling me that, it was very helpful of you. And you know, you are a beautiful creature. And you have that nice gem showing from your head. Such a thing would be marvelous to people such as those of my kind, to whom gems can be really helpful."

"Yes. Too bad for you there are not these shiny things growing from you."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Arapegol considered, and then he expressed agreement. "Yes, we, I and my people, are at a disadvantage. The nice gem probably doesn't do so much for you, it would help any of us out to have a such a gem to bear."

"You don't say. Well, that sounds sad. But I will go on, for I foraged enough and want to get back to where I take shelter."

Arapegol still persisted. "What if you had a way to shed the gem which doesn't do much or anything for you, and leave it with me? It would be very helpful to me and those I care for. Don't you think?"

"Wow. Who would think of this being done? I will give it some thought, this night. If I come to think it is worthwhile, I will come back when the daytime comes, to leave it for you, if I decide for doing that."

"I hope you are so helpful. Come early when daytime comes, right when it starts. I will need to go after that. If you come, to do this, I will leave treats for you."

The gem armadillo still went on. "I am thinking about it."
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; Today at 01:09 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456