Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: (M-IC) Quest for the Restoration

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

After a little discussion among themselves when the travelers had learned these things, with talking to the others who had been involved, it was decided that they should go immediately to that village on the other side of the high hills. Arapegol said, "But we must go the fast way, those of us with the urban camels we ride going ahead, and the rest, besides the half giant who follows after us, with Gasha who would transform to that faster beast, so we can get there soon enough to look for where Kippedot would have gone with the amulet he must have taken."

All agreed with this approach which had been tried enough. When the urban camels hurried up the hill along the road leading to the pass, the riders saw to their relief that these animals handled the slope of the road well even as they still went quickly. The half giant went after them, pretty fast but not as quickly.. The riders were far ahead, coming toward the highest area along the road, before the shape of the great wolf started off with Klara in Arapegol's original body and Galvishar riding on the back of the beast.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol and the other riders each gave good attention to the urban camels they individually rode, and were treating them well. The urban camels in turn individually served the rider that each bonded with faithfully. They continued at a fast pace, and went over through the pass to the country further north, where they saw the distinctive appearance readily. There were an abundance of pine trees here. A small village was directly ahead, still some good distance beyond the hills, other distant villages were in view. Beyond there where the road led into the distance, there was a far shore to the north, and city barely seen so far away along it.

As they stopped at one place along the descent to the other side, to let the urban camels feed along the brush there, Arapegol said to the others, "This first village must be where Kippedot who we search for had gone. We must stop there to speak with any of those dwelling there who would talk with us, to find out if they are familiar with who Kippedot is and if they know where he stays."

Jaydeen said, "Yes. And those we find would likely not know anything of the amulet so it is good we have his name to ask about, and we won't ask anything with mentioning the amulet then."

The others agreed, and they shortly continued to ride on toward that closer village with the rapid pace of the urban camels.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

When they were a little way outside the edge of the village, the riders dismounted from the urban camels, permitting them to feed along the hedges. They waited a while, and saw the half giant jogging toward them. Clearly even with more stamina she was tiring. Then a little later the great lupine beast that carried two riders came nearer, and before being significantly close the riders dismounted, and the beast gradually took the other shape that was recognized as the original form of Jaydeen. They came then the rest of the way by foot to where the riders and the half giant waited.

Gasha in Jaydeen's original body said, "We are here. Are all of us ready to enter the village to see if we can find out where Kippedot would be?"

Arapegol said, "Let's do this. We who rode will gather the urban camels and lead them on foot through the village. We all should spread out from one another, so any one of us can ask a villager encountered there about Kippedot without the rest of us there seeming like we might gang up on them. One who gets good information can notify the rest of us to let us know, after acquiring it."

The others understood, and they entered this village, each walking some distance from the others. They saw it was not crowded in the village now, there were not any out then but a couple of individuals walking somewhere in that area they were coming to.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

One young man was closer to this spread out group, and he went in one way to make a wide berth around them. Iperanton who was closer said aloud to this one, taking a few steps closer, "Excuse me. I have traveled from Diodun and will still go on. I was told I would find my acquaintance Kippedot in this community, I would wish to see him before going on. Do you know of him, and where I could try to find him?"

The young man said, "Certainly. Most in this community know him. He is the high wizard's apprentice, and he is mostly with the high wizard in the fortified edifice there near the eastern edge of Gelpindeck, this major village."

Iperanton said, "Thank you very much, my man. That will save me much time in looking around to find him."

The young man continued swiftly on and was soon out of the area where these travelers who had come were. The other person that had been seen a little further away took a turn and was quickly gone from view.

Iperanton said to Arapegol and the few others near by, "Did you hear that? Kippedot is the apprentice to the high wizard of Gelpindeck, this village, that he says is the major village. That would be with him at the fortified edifice over there by the east side."

Arapegol said, "So this will be dangerous work, we need the amulet he took and we may have that high wizard to deal with. I think I and Iperanton should come near it and decide what approach might work before we bring any of the rest of you near it."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Others of the group were disappointed, but there was no argument to it being possibly dangerous to approach the premises of the high wizard. The others were willing to wait on the lawn at the village center, where the urban camels found green growth among shrubs they would browse on. Arapegol had looked at the book he brought along with the image of the needed amulet bookmarked, to clearly identify the amulet whenever it might be found. From there Arapegol and Iperanton went toward the east, where the tip of a high edifice was seen from there. They went a few blocks that way past homes and a few clustered markets, to where that edifice was in view. It presented a front appearing as a rather rectangular shape a bit longer left to right than it was high, the center with a front entrance though was a portion of a tower that reached higher and peaked with a pointed spire. There was a smaller tower with spire on the left corner of the building and another at the right corner. A great spacious lawn of grass was before it. On the right side was a small building with a door and a window seen in front of it.

Arapegol said to Iperanton, "I see no one watching out there for any approach. I will give a look at that small building. It is just the sort of home the high wizard's apprentice might have. I would leave you back here to watch, and if any would come and possibly see me do what you can to distract them."

Just then when Arapegol was speaking to Iperanton, a young man came out from that building and after closing the door behind him walked then swiftly to the main entrance of the greater building with the towers.

Arapegol said, "That must be Kippedot. So that is where he stays as the high wizard's apprentice. Unless he would have already given the amulet to the high wizard, it is most probably hidden in that small building he stays at when not being instructed. I am going there and will look, now."

That one who must have been Kippedot went into the main building there, and Arapegol hurried over to where that smaller one was.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Iperanton waited by shrubbery that was along the edge, partially hidden among the growth. Arapegol looked through the window, then tried the door. As it was locked, he took out the glowing orb he brought with him, and triggered it the way he had learned to be teleported with it into that small building for a home to the apprentice. He was immediately inside, and he looked quickly about. There was a bed with the head of it against the wall that was opposite to the door, a small dresser was next to it on one side, a small low table was next to the bed on the other side. A door to the left, partially open, was to a closet, one door on the other side was to a small kitchen area, another door next to it was to a small bathroom with its facilities.

Arapegol checked the small table and around it, and the drawers of the dresser, carefully but still at a quick pace. No items for use of powers were found in those, just clothing items and items of personal use. He looked into the closet, wear warm wear for cooler weather was hanging. A few different forms of footwear were on the floor underneath. He checked the kitchen area and the bathroom area and still found nothing relevant to his search. Then he looked under the bed. It was empty space there. Yet when he looked toward the head, he noticed an open space in the bottom base of the dresser next to it. He brought his head that he had brought under the bed close enough to look in that opening to the space within the base of the dresser. There, he saw a small box. He brought it out, and seeing how he could, he opened it. There, within, he saw a very small slender structure, which must be a wand. Stuffed close to it was a small glowing amulet. He recognized it from studying to recognize it. It was the amulet. It was the one amulet of Jearius that he needed. He took it and closed the box, stuffing it back in where it has been. He stood up, and then saw through the window that same young man come out from the large building, with another man. They hurried this way to his home.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol knew it was time to go, right then. He used the orb with him while he held the amulet of Jearius to trigger the teleportation just in the way that would put him just beyond the high shrubs near to where he had left from Iperanton. He had gotten away with the amulet.

Iperanton had just started to move from there. Arapegol told him quickly, "I am here already," knowing Iperanton was going to try to be a distraction to try stalling those two who were on their way from reaching that small home right away.

"Oh, good! You have it, right?"

"I do. They probably have a way to notice supernatural power being used in the area, high wizards have such abilities accessible to them. Go quickly to the others at the village center, and get them ready to go right away, and leave going back the way we came, without me, to get back to Quadick. Galvishar can become familiar to the urban camel I cared for, to ride back with that one. I will teleport myself to the city north from here, Asterspar, they would likely try coming after me so I need to go now, as you should too. I will come with the teleportation to Quadick three days from now, that everyone can be restored with this." Arapegol gave Iperanton a great handful of the coins and quickly hugged him, and triggered the orb for teleportation for a far distance away, and he was gone. Iperanton went quickly back to the village center of Gelpindeck where others with him waited, to have them go back right away.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jaydeen in the elfin body, Gasha in Jaydeen's original body, the elfin mind in the half-giant body, Klara in Arapegol's original body, Lucion in Trysina's body and Trysina in Lucion's body, and Galvishar, were waiting near the urban camels which still ate from shrubs, in that common grassy area at the town's center, when Iperanton came back, walking swiftly. He didn't dare run, any of those looking for one who took the amulet could spot him and come after him then. But as Arapegol had said to him it was probable that use of supernatural power could be sensed, and the high wizard that the apprentice Kippedot had obtained and told the high wizard it had been taken from him could follow where the the use of the supernatural power would lead. So he would avoid using his rod that was brought along. There would then be only the use of Arapegol's orb that might be followed. Arapegol would have to be careful to never be found. Hopefully that further city would be far enough.

Jaydeen in the elfin body asked, "Arapegol is not with you? Has he been taken?"

"No, he got what he went for, but it was sensed and he fled another way to not be found, and told me before he did that I should return here to you and with all of you go back on the journey to reach Quadick again. Galvishar should comfort Arapegol's urban camel, that he called Strider, and try having that one comfortable with carrying him back that way. We should go as quickly as we can. Arapegol said three days from now he will teleport to Quadick to meet with us, and cast the power for restoration there. I won't use any power I might that those who might look for Arapegol who used the power won't be drawn to seek any of us. Still we are not native to this village and should not say here."

As soon as Galvishar heard that he should comfort Arapegol's urban camel Strider, that he might bond with that one to ride back, he went to the animal, and spoke gently while stroking this intelligent creature.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Galvishar did not have much difficulty, and soon the riders with the urban camels, including Galvishar with the one Arapegol had been riding before, were off back to going where they would go up through the pass among the high hills south from that country, toward Diodun. They chose to not stop there, but after a brief stop to let the urban camels rest and feed to then continue quickly all the way further toward the canyon past the wide forest. The half giant with the elfin mind ran again behind them but still would lag further and further behind, Gasha in Jaydeen's original body transformed into the great lupine beast when the urban camels had gone very far ahead, and carried Klara in Arapegol's original body still while running after those others.

The day was almost over when they reached the riders reached the canyon. While they waited for those still follow after, Jaydeen looking around carefully said to the others, "I see another path leading into the canyon, way over there. We should consider that we might avoid the pool psychic colonies of fungus with us going that way instead."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

It looked like it might be a longer way, to reach the other side of the canyon that way. But all there agreed that if psychic colonies of fungus could be avoided that further way, they should take it. So they went that way, to the left of the direction they went to reach the edge overlooking this canyon. It was hundreds of feet that way. And they came to it and looked at the trail there going down into the canyon. It was observed to be rather wider than the other one they had used to climb out from there. So it seemed well to use this trail instead just for that. Still the riders would lead the urban camels down rather than ride them that way down.

The half-giant with the elvish mind and Klara in Arapegol's original body and Gasha in Jaydeen's original body had caught up with them then, so they started that way down, as the sun went low nearing where it would set. They reached the rough-surfaced bottom in the canyon without issue, as the sun was now hidden from them. There were still pillars here, while they could not see growths around them, while it was clear the light would not remain strong enough much longer for them to discern any around them. They agreed to hurry across for that reason. There was a trail up directly across, that had been seen earlier, they went in the estimated direction to reach that.

Before they came to the other side, as they neared it, they saw a figure lying across that way in front of them on that really rough surface.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast