Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (M-IC) Quest for the Restoration

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol stroked the neck and back of the urban camel he was on, where he could reach. The three gradually approached closer. The one who was Gasha's mind in Jaydeen's original body came up to Jaydeen, in the elfin body, and drew closer. "Hello Jaydeen. I was sorry we did not join you on this quest right away. But as Klara in Arapegol's body needed the attention of the healer there and needed me to help, that had to be done first. We just came out from the healer you told us to see, and this man in the hood came toward us right then, and said to us, 'I am looking for anyone who knows who Jaydeen is. Do you know of him?' I answered that we did. He then showed that note from you saying you sent him to Quadick and he needed help after assault and robbery, requesting that we who know you would help him, as he needed to replenish for what had been taken from him. We stopped at a store where he could buy things. We told him though we were altered like others including you to others' bodies, Jaydeen, and I would transform to a running creature with Klara to catch up with all of you so that we would help you, on this quest get the item that would restore us all. I would not stay to help this Galvishar further, but if he chose to he could join us to come this way. He agreed to come, and carried both of them this way going fast that way to catch up with you still."

Jaydeen answered, "Yes, you might go on with us and be of what help you can be. But you won't go as fast that way, while we would go at a pace for you to keep up, we won't reach Eventall ahead of us so soon, but the urban camels we ride will panic if you change to that form of a huge wolf again to carry those two who you brought this way. And nightfall is not far off now."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Gasha in Jaydeen's original body said, "You could still go ahead of us to get there faster. I would change again to the beast form I can have, as a wolf, and I am huge enough with that to carry both these men with me, and I can still run fast then, so when you are close to getting there I will hurry carrying these two, to come to that community ahead after you, and I will change back and we can meet you again within the gates there. There will be no alarming the urban camels you ride, that way."

Jaydeen in the elfin body said, "You are more sensible than I am managing to be. That will work. We should hurry ahead as night will fall soon. I will have us wait just within the settlement when we get there, for you." He looked still for a short while at his original body, with Gasha's mind in it, and he said to the other riders, "Let's go on, then, we can hurry and reach the community ahead sooner." He moved ahead with the urban camel he was on, as did Arapegol and the others, and then hurrying ahead faster.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The riders came nearer to the settlement of Eventall, the sun had not yet reached the low horizon, but almost had, as they came through the gate which this road came through. Once they were through the gate, they slowed to an easy pace.

Jaydeen said, "We must now wait for the others who meant to go with us, right here, as I let Gasha within my original body know that they were to come after us once we were far ahead and we would meet with them after Gasha turned back into my body from the creature body she uses, for moving fast with those other ones being carried that way."

Arapegol said, "We can move to either of the sides of the gate with our urban camels, so that they won't see those following us down the road, and that one with your body should change back to it before entering through here."

Jaydeen said, "She will do that, certainly."

Arapegol, Jaydeen, and Iperanton went with the urban camels they rode to the side on the right behind the not very high wall, which still hid the view of the road behind them from their view. Lucion and Trysina rode the urban camels they were on to the left side from the road.

Rather than face the wall, they turned to look inward toward the settlement of Eventall further in, which they had come to, now as dusk was just starting. It was hoped that a nearby inn would be spotted. They had a few coins left that could afford them one night. After that they would cross into Terricana beyond it.

The houses they saw were small, and yet tightly packed together. The low roofs were very slightly slanted, downward toward the front, for each of them. One structure for a house was apparently a little bigger, Arapegol thought that they might inquire there to start with about where there might be lodgings for them here in Eventall.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The houses they saw were small, and yet tightly packed together. The low roofs were very slightly slanted, downward toward the front, for each of them. One structure for a house was apparently a little bigger, Arapegol thought that they might inquire there to start with about where there might be lodgings for them here in Eventall.

They all agreed to inquire there. But they waited, and as it started to grow a bit darker, Gasha the one in Jaydeen's original body came walking through the gate with the one in Arapegol's original body, and Galvishar. They all joined and then went to that one structure which was a little bigger, at that corner.

A slightly older man with little hair on his head answered, and when he heard what they were looking for, he told them. "We have rooms with beds where you can lodge, at two megamite coins each. But we have no place for your animals. There are stalls available two blocks up the street, that way."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol said, "Then we must ride further that way, for a place overnight for our urban camels, we would reserve rooms for the nine of us. Gasha, you and those with you, including this half giant who escaped from the Primal Forest with you, might wait here, while we riding these animals will go on to the stalls there, and we would be right back, for the rooms we might have this night."

The man who had met them at this place of rooms available for travelers as them said, "There would then be five rooms for you, two to a room, except for this half giant for whom we should give two beds of one room. Two megamite coins each of you, until midmorning tomorrow. Meals will be an additional megamite coin for each."

Each agreed, and Arapegol, Iperanton, and the switched ones of Jaydeen, Lucion, and Trysina, rode with their urban camels in toward the stalls further on, as the dusk grew dimmer. There were lights here, but not many.

The stalls took several more coins, and Arapegol and the others knew they would run low on coins after being here in Eventall. Arapegol said, "It is too bad you no longer have the bag of coins you were rewarded with, Jaydeen, in Quadick."

Jaydeen, in the elfin body, said, "Losing it couldn't be helped, when the monsters in the Primal Forest attacked us. At least I took some coins from that bag previously and put those into a couple of pockets."

Gasha in Jaydeen's original body, along with Klara the one in Arapegol's original body, and the elfin one now in a half giant body, and Galvishar, in the hood, waited there by the door as the light outside dimmed, until the five others returned, walking back to them. They knocked again, for that man had stepped in a little while before, and he then return to the door. He said, "Let's see the coins you brought."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol and Iperanton held out coins from their coinbags, thirteen from Arapegol and fourteen then from Iperanton. Arapegol said, "We certainly want to see the rooms first."

The man of this place led the nine of them in, across a small room with a door to the side, to a hallway at the other end, which turned left right from there. There were doors to rooms along this way.

The man leading them said, "This first room here is occupied. The next one there is available for two of you, and the next four are available, but we need to put two beds of one room together for the place this big one among you can have for sleeping."

Arapegol, looking in when the first one was opened said, "This will do."

The other four rooms were shown then. They were very much alike, each with two beds looking comfortable enough.

The man showing them what was there said, "For the twenty-seven megamite coins you will all have a place for this night and a nice meal enough for all of you."

Arapegol said, "That sounds like it will be fine. I want food for myself of vegetables and not meat from animals, still."

The man said, "We can provide you very good food that way, certainly." He took their coins and led them back the way they had come, to show them where they would go into the dining area, from the front of that building.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Arapegol, Iperanton, and the others were given time to set their things they brought in the rooms they took. Arapegol shared the room he had with Iperanton. The elfin body with Jaydeen's mind had the room with his original body with Gasha's mind, which they agreed to. Arapegol's original body with Klara's mind took the room with Galvishar, who brought with him things he had just bought in Quadick. Another room went to Lucion and Trysina, whose minds were in each other's bodies. A separate room was left for the half giant body with the elfin mind, where two beds needed to be put together for sleeping in.

Very shortly they were invited to come to the dining area for the meal they would be served. Arapegol got, as he expected, a vegetable soup, it was served with breads and crackers. Others there had a choice between a meal including cuts from speedy superduck, and a meal including a portion from gem armadillo. There were rice, beans, and squash servings with those meals.

There was discussion at the meal for their plan to continue on early in the morning toward Terricana, with the steep slope they would come to, where there would be some trails leading down, into the rugged canyon at that southern edge of Terricana. They would need to cross that quickly enough to reach the city further on.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Lucion said, "We should have rope with us, for a possible need, if we go into the canyon to go where we need to."

Iperanton said, "I have rope I brought with me."

Arapegol said, "We surely can find where we can buy a long length of rope, in the morning before we go on from Eventall."

The others thought that was a good idea. They still wanted to leave this place early in the morning, to hopefully reach that city they would come to in Terricana that same next day.

They did not speak much more, and ate their meals without delay, though the meals were large enough for that to take a length of time.

Arapegol finished with his large soup sooner than the others finished what they were eating. As he waited still, he told them, "Diodun, where we go to from here, is a large city, larger than Erpedoben where I am from or Quadick. We will very likely get there tomorrow still but then too late for the search we need to make, until the next day after we rest again. After that we may be too low on any coins for further spending. We must still find success at our search for the amulet that will restore us."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

After the meal each of the travelers on this quest for acquiring the amulet needed for restoration of all the individuals who had been altered with their minds in other bodies went to their rooms for that night to rest and have adequate sleep, before rising at daybreak to meet each other and continue from that city to the cliff beyond where they would descend into the rugged canyon beyond. Lucion always stayed with Trysina, as they each had the other's body their minds were in. Jaydeen's mind in the elfin body stayed then in the room shared with Gasha's mind in Jaydeen's original body, they had things they wanted to talk about, including when they were last together and had been separated, what had happened in the interval afterward, and what things they saw were needed after the quest for the amulet and the restoration was accomplished. The rotmonsters were still a growing plague, and they agreed that would have to be dealt with.

While Arapegol had the room he shared with Iperanton, for that night, before they went to sleep, Iperanton said to Arapegol, "There were those towers in this city. Do you remember? I think we might ask about whether we might have a look from any one of those, to see what there is to see ahead of us. What do you think?"

"I think that is a great idea. Maybe none of us would be permitted but we can try."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

After a good night of sleep without any incident to interrupt it, all those who went with Arapegol for his quest for the amulet met in the front room, where they gathered one after another.

Arapegol said, "Iperanton and I, along with you, with Jaydeen's mind, with Lucion's mind, and with Trysina's mind, need to go to the stalls and bring our urban camels out. But I think we should have a look if we can from one of these four towers here in this city, to have a good look at what is ahead of us. After that we will go at a moderate pace that we can all continue with, toward where we would go down into that rugged canyon, to cross over to the country of Terricana."

Gasha whose mind was in Jaydeen's original body said, "Hopefully the trails into it will not be difficult or too narrow for any of us."

Arapegol said, "I don't know about that. I hope they won't be, as well."

Later they came to one narrow tower they were closest to. It had a door, but it was shut. They looked around for any person who they could speak to about entering it, to go up for observing what could be seen to the north. One man was then seen by a door to one of the homes nearby. They went toward him, and Arapegol waved to have his attention.

"We wish to have this tower opened for us, that any of us, or one of us, could have a look from the top of the tower, to see ahead where we need to travel to."

That man said. "I will need to go and have the magistrate send the guard responsible for the towers to open it. I think he will permit it."

So Arapegol and the others waited for awhile, as the sun rose from where it was yet near the horizon, and the uniformed guard returned with that man who had gone. That man said. "I explained to the magistrate and the guard that you are travelers needing to see ahead where you are going. One of you will be permitted a look from there, for about five minutes when you reach the top."

The others agreed that it could be Arapegol going up to look, then. The guard opened the door using one of the set of keys he had with him, and Arapegol entered. He found steps along the circular wall inside wound upward tightly toward the top. He carefully stepped upward along those, going upward dozens of feet.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast