Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: (M-IC) Quest for the Restoration

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

They carefully approached this lying figure. There was no sign of movement. When they came close enough, the size of this figure indicated to them that this was a dwarf. There were no weapons seen on him, and there was nothing that would hold provisions. Iperanton and Jaydeen looked carefully over this dwarf. Iperanton let out his breath. Then he said, "He is alive still! He is not showing consciousness, and he may be weak and needing our help, If we can revive him with some of the food we have."

Jaydeen said, "He does not seem to be injured. Maybe we can set him over one urban camel, to take where he can have further help."

They tried to move him. He then became alert.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The dwarf's eyes grew wider. "Who are you, where did you come from?"

Iperanton said, "I am Iperanton. We have been on a great journey, for urgent purposes, which took us through northern country of Terricana, and we are crossing this canyon to return to our home towns in Tenoba on that other side, which we have come close to. We wondered why you were here alone, unconscious. We were not sure you were alive, at first."

The dwarf said, "I am Garvendag, noble assistant to the high chief Erdenalk, with his retinue, from the dwarf town of Stenilrock. We were were at Eventall at an important council meeting, and had just left from there. We encountered alien monster beings, three of them, like high piles of gross flesh with long tentacles reaching out from them, each one had alien eyes not like those of any creature we know. They overpowered us, reaching us with the tentacles and striking us around. While some tried blocking their attack on our Chief Erdenalk, he seemed to have run off and escaped. But the rest of us were not faring well. I was struck and I don't remember more, other than you finding me here. Those I went with must be gone, though I don't know about those alien monsters."

Iperanton turned to the others with a very serious look on his face. "It is those tentacled rotmonsters, the same sort that were making attacks from the Primal Forest. They are expanding their area from there!"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Klara asked, "How are we going to go up out of this canyon if tentacled rotmonsters are right up there beyond the ridge where they would attack any in their area?"

Iperanton said, "We don't know that they are still there. We would make a poor choice to stay here in this barren canyon, except for the psychic colonies of fungus a little way from here, when the tentacled rotmonsters are not remaining there in that one place they were encountered. We should still go up the way out of this canyon, and I will go first. If I being ahead see any tentacled rotmonster in the vicinity where we come to the top over the canyon ridge, I will tell you and do what I can to deal with it."

Only with the suggestion that they would remain in this canyon for nothing did the others agree they should go up along the way here to get out of it. They found that path as the twilight was coming, and Iperanton went first leading the urban camel he had with him, and others there followed, the dwarf over one urban camel holding on.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

They went on slowly toward the top of that south side of the canyon. This trail was a very little bit wider, but the twilight that had come was getting dimmer. Iperanton came to where he could see over the top along the cliff's edge first, and others behind him stopped as he looked around. He then turned, and said, "There are none of those alien beings around right now. We should just go on and reach Eventall, where we can have a place for overnight."

Iperanton went on where the trail turned over that side of the canyon to the country beyond that, leading his urban camel behind him. One by one the others came along behind as Iperanton, Jaydeen in the elfin body, and the others with their urban camels coming behind them moved on toward the lights of Eventall which was in view. The last urban camel that had been used by Arapegol and now by Galvishar carried Garvendag the dwarf who must have rolled into the canyon, who now held on carefully. Klara, Gasha, and the elfin mind with the half-giant body came up behind the rest.

They went on from there above the canyon when all were up there, toward the city they saw ahead. The light was dimming, but after some distance when they were coming close to that side of Eventall, Jaydeen said, "See over that way? I am sure that is one of those tentacled monsters."

Iperanton looked in that same direction, and soon saw what was meant some distance away, maybe over a hundred feet from them. And then he saw another one, rather further away. He said, "The rotmonsters are still around, just some distance away. Let us hurry on, now."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

They were all near the small city of Eventall, and darkness of night came as they entered the way in on that side.

Iperanton said, "Those beings might just follow the way into the city. What's to stop them?"

Jaydeen said, "Tell the guards those tentacled rotmonsters are just out there and could come this way."

They found the nearby guards, and Jaydeen and Iperanton told them of the encounters and that the creatures seen were a danger to those in this city of Eventall. They understood, and went with more guards who were around to guard that gate, with lookouts, and it was then closed with a gate there.

Iperanton and Jaydeen and the others with them found where the urban camels could stay for the night in stalls, and they went to stay at an inn, with helping Garvendag the dwarf along, who had difficulty moving.

When they were waiting for service at a couple of large tables moved close together, Gasha in Jaydeen's original body said, "We should still do what we can to deal with the strangler rotmonsters, as we were saying we would before."

Iperanton said, "They have to be coming from somewhere. We need to find out how they do, to put a stop to that, if we would deal with them at all."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

They suggested to one another ideas for dealing with the invasive strangler rotmonsters that were making problems on that country. But ways of destroying them if it was possible would all involve destructiveness to the country around them. So ultimately, when they had the food brought for what they would eat, they stopped talking of it for then.

Iperanton still said, "We have two days still to get back to Quadick, we should make it if there are no further obstacles, and Arapegol would then teleport there to meet us and restore all the affected there to their natural selves. This evening we can have Garvendag checked for any more serious injury than what we noticed. He might then free to go where he wants.:

Garvendag was there with them, and he said. "Where can I go? I can't just stay here, and leaving this city of the large men I might be exposed to those rotmonsters again. No one can travel freely now, certainly not alone."

Iperanton said, "We are back to the invasive rotmonsters being an issue. We cannot go off our course to help Garvendag return to his society of dwarves, we should not delay getting back for the restoration. Maybe then we will have some effective way that will deal with those creatures."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Garvendag said, "Then, that would mean I should just as well go with you, or I am otherwise stranded here in Eventall with the big people and no other dwarves, with not enough on me to continue like this, and any strangler rotmonsters around outside this city and probably looking for an effective way to enter it for anything they want."

Iperanton said, "We would not keep you from going with us, but we are going on toward Quadick, away from where your community of dwarves would be, and most likely none of us would be coming back this way."

Jaydeen said, "But you also have use of an item for teleportation, do you not? Teleportation could send Garvendag back toward his community."

"It would take a strong amount of teleportation power to send him far, and we do not have any exact target we know for him to reach. And we are fleeing those who are looking for any use of strong supernatural power, who would be drawn to us if we use any of that. So we should not use any of it, without coming back to Quadick and the restoration to be effected there, which must be accomplished."

Garvendag said, "But maybe after that teleportation could be used to send me back to my people."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Iperanton considered that with Arapegol being with them again and both of them casting power of teleportation together, they could send someone, as Garvendag, so far from Quadick, so he let him know it was a possibility, without giving any commitment. They went on to eating until content, and divided again to different rooms for sleeping that night.

The next morning they all left early again to go on southward to reach Quadick. Iperanton, Jaydeen in the elfin body, Lucion in Trysina's body and Trysina in Lucion's body, and Galvishar rode on the same urban camels which they each had just before, and they went swiftly ahead with the half-giant with the elfin mind ran just behind them, and when they were further ahead Gasha in Jaydeen's original body transformed into the huge wolf form and carried Klara in Arapegol's original body and Garvendag, running along behind. All were watching for the strangler rotmonsters which could be around this area now.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Those on the urban camels went a far distance, and they were hoping to get to the crossing, where a little beyond that they would see a little of Quadick still further ahead. But then when they thought they were reaching it, they saw strangler rotmonsters ahead, four on the right side and five on the left side. Iperanton said when he realized it, "The rotmonsters are on the road which goes toward Kalavair that one way and Wylacard that other way. They go along the road so they come here along the road from the Primal Forest."

Trysina, in Lucion's body, said, "The rotmonsters are coming out from there and aiming toward cities of people!"

Jaydeen, in the elfin body, said, "It seems so! And it would mean there are strangler rotmonsters coming toward Quadick."

Galvishar said, "It is really time to deal with rotmonsters, if there is any way to do so!"

Iperanton said, "Our blades will not be effective enough and there are too many of them. If the teleportation is used, those who track use of such power from when the amulet was taken could then come this way after us."

Jaydeen said. "By now they must have been led toward where Arapegol, who was using power of teleportation, went to, so they were not aiming toward us then, and Arapegol has been using it."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Iperanton said, "So you say it would be worth it trying use of teleportation on them. But where should they be teleported to? They might just come from where I would send them to whatever city they can still reach."

Galvishar, who had given little input along the way said, "You might teleport the rotmonsters you can manage it with into the canyon we went through, which would be hard for them to come out from."

Iperanton said, "That must be a hundred thousand feet back there. The instrument I have still has good power, but I don't know if that is past its limit."

Lucion in Trysina's body said, "Try it on these ones we see anyway. Leaving them to go on will leave those in the cities they go toward to be under attack."

Iperanton said, "Alright. I can try doing this with one, and if it works I will do this with each of the others, one after the other."

Iperanton faced the five in a row that they saw along that road crossing the one they were on, and with special vocalization and movement of his instrument, a tube with a handle and a glowing rounded portion at one end, he triggered teleportation supernatural translational thermodynamic energy at one at the end of that one line, coming behind the others. It was then gone from there.

Iperanton said, "It seems to work, that one would have a been sent to the canyon we went through. I will try this on the others now." Iperanton then focused on the one now at the end, behind the other three. After he triggered with the needed elaborate way, that one was gone too. He did it again with that one that had been in the middle, left to follow the two going in front. It vanished from the spot. Those other two stopped then, and turned about. They came back toward the road Iperanton and the riders with him, on their urban camels, were on.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast