Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: (M-IC) Quest for the Restoration

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

They all watched the half giant form with the elfin mind of Nissa as she walked slowly along the road leading to the gate into Quadick from the distance, though at a faster pace than apparent with the great strides as a half giant than a normal size human disabled the same way would have. But time went on as she came just a little closer.

The soldier who was going to close the gate said, "Enough! This is already taking long enough, we have already been fighting against assault and attempted invasion, and this gate needs to be closed, that we can have our rest. She is big, she should be fine out there."

Iperanton said, "Are you kidding? You want the gate closed because of possible monsters and you don't want to battle anymore. She has battled one of those creatures, and injured in the course of that, and you think she will be fine while you have to have the gate closed for what you fear? Hold on! I will use my instrument, that should have power of teleportation to bring her here. It is just a little more complicated than sending someone or something further away with using teleportation."

The soldier and the others watched Iperanton as he used elaborate gestures with the instrument as he had learned to do, speaking enigmatic sounds with that, more than his traveling companions had heard before. He stopped then, and said, "I hope this is working."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The figure of the distant half giant was suddenly gone from there. A voice from just behind them spoke, it was with words of elvish tongue. They all turned, and they saw, it was her.

The soldier continued with the gate and shut it. "We are not waiting anymore. We have just a little time until our replacements come for guarding the rest of the night. The gate is closed and will continue to remain shut through the rest of the night."

Jaydeen said then, "We then should go to the inn where we can stay for the rest of the night and get some sleep. Arapegol will meet us here tomorrow according to what he said, right?"

Iperanton said, "Yes, he will, near the gate."

Jaydeen said, "We are all here. Let us go."

It was a small walk to the inn where Arapegol, Iperanton and Jaydeen had stayed right before they started on the long journey with others there. They still went at the careful pace of the half giant, who yet had long strides anyway.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The inn however was full with no suites still available, and the ones in charge were not seeing any who would come for making any arrangements for them. The travelers looked at one another. What could they do now?

Jaydeen said, "We need someplace to sleep, and a place for our mounts!"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Trysina said, "I have my home here, where I would go. I could put most of you all there for this night, if you would sleep on the floor with spare blankets and what pillows I can give you. But where will our mounts go? And if I could make space for all the rest I am sure the half giant will not have a place to fit, there."

Lucion in Trysina's body said, "I would then let the half giant sleep in my home. Maybe another person here will have room too. But I don't have a place for the mounts, either."

Iperanton said, "We might take them to where we got them, if that place was open. But nothing is open here this late. We may have to leave them right outside the home, maybe with feed for them there, and hope they do not just wander off."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jaydeen said, "Alright, that is all we can do. But it would be good to have treats they like left out for them."

Trysina said, "Then let's be off. Follow me this way." Trysina, in Lucion's body, but still having used Trysina's home known to Trysina, went around a corner a little way from the inn there, and they went about four blocks on a rather residential way with nice homes, to where Trysina went to one good home that had windows left dark except for a slight light left somewhere inside. Trysina went to the door and unlocked it, and signaled others to follow.

Lucion in Trysina's body said to the half giant, "I will take you along to my home, come with me. Maybe another can join me too, so Trysina does not have to have too many there."

Lucion signaled to Nissa, and then Garvendag went to Lucion, and said, "I might just as well go along with you."

Lucion said, "It will just be a little further, Trysina is in the same neighborhood with me." And so Lucion in Trysina's body went on with those two, the half giant just managing to walk, and the dwarf not encumbered, but necessarily walking with short strides, past a half dozen more homes, and turning toward one there, that was seen to be not as big.

Within Trysina's home, it was dark except for a little light showing through a hallway. But Trysina then lit a lantern within that front room. It was a modest space, with two long couches there. Trysina said, "We can have two taking the couches for where they would sleep. Others will have to get floor space with blankets I can give for that."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Iperanton said, "Let us bring feed to the urban camels out there, so that they are encouraged to remain out there, like we did to keep them servicing us on the long way there and back all this way. We should get plenty of carrots and fruits, along with any oats you might have here."

Trysina, yet in Lucion's body, said, "There is a bit of oats I have here still, I will have to give all of it to them, but I do have fruits here that were left, and they would have to be used right away, I can leave those to our urban camels."

Galvishar said, "I happen to have some carrots left of what I brought with me, I will spare those for them as well."

The items they would give to the urban camels were brought out to just in front of the home, where the riders had left those mounts, and they had waited there, and showed they were glad the riders remembered to bring what they could feed on.

Afterward Trysina brought out a pile of blankets. Klara in Arapegol's original body and Gasha in Jaydeen's original body were getting the long couches to sleep on, Iperanton, Galvishar, and Jaydeen in the elfin body slept with just blankets on the floor, in that space. They still got something for pillows.

All were tired and no one was going to fuss about anything still. After just having a very little to eat with water to drink it down, they went to their places where they would sleep as soon as they might. They all wanted to be up as early as possible the next day, and be ready to then go out to where they would meet Arapegol again, according to what he had said.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Several of the travelers had strange dreams that night, which they remembered, even Iperanton, who recalled the vision of the high wizard who traveled with an expert tracker on a carpet that flew through the air, in the direction Arapegol had teleported to, though they had yet far to go to catch up with him. But Iperanton had to use the teleportation when strangler rotmonsters were encountered. And the high wizard and the expert tracker figured out the one who had taken the artifact of power, who they were pursuing, had now gone to that new place where Iperanton had used that supernatural power. Those two turned the direction of their carpet, which was just then on its way to the coast in that direction, and they went the other way toward where Iperanton was, a long way from there. As they flew on and on over the country, they saw more and more strangler rotmonsters in the country, and the ones they went over reached out above toward them with their tentacles. But the high wizard spoke to them.

"I summoned you to stop the young wizards from their pursuits. You are not succeeding. Let us catch them, or I will send you back to Dark Abatalys where you came from."

Iperanton recalled that in his dream the strangler rotmonsters, which could reach up to the carpet he and the tracker were riding on with their tentacles, then let those two continue on, as they still rode the way that would go toward Quadick, where the last use of teleportation happened.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Iperanton yet insisted to those who had traveled with him, when they were up in the early morning, "The high wizard and whoever is with him that Arapegol was fleeing from did not get what Arapegol took but is quickly coming here to this city, after us."

Jaydeen said, "This was a dream, it did not have to mean anything other than it was but a dream."

Iperanton said, "It is an omen. There are some dreams that are, you must know it and I have experienced some. We must take it seriously. Do any of us want to be surprised by a powerful high wizard after us, when we go out?"

Jaydeen said, "And as you were saying before, Arapegol would teleport here to where we enter this city, on the morning of this day. It is then important that we meet with him. We are not going to provide the needed restoration for all who wait for it or still really need it, if we don't meet with him. If there is any threat, we will just have to deal with it, as we have really been dealing with things, all along the way."

Iperanton said, "Then we must all go out as prepared as we can be, for any threat we will encounter, even a mighty wizard."

Gasha in Jaydeen's original body said, "But you have use of teleportation with your unique instrument that you could work on even that high wizard with, Iperanton."

Iperanton said, "I do not think so. Any high wizard has powerful abilities that could counter it and prevent that effect."

"But still, teleportation could be used on some things that would unexpectedly do something to interfere with a high wizard as him."

"Gasha, you have your own unexpected ability. Don't forget that and watch for how you might use it."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Gasha said, "Alright, I will make sure I remember that, though it is an option generally on my mind. It would be unexpected to an enemy wizard coming with hostility."

Iperanton said, "Then let us get ready quickly, and we can go, where we might meet Arapegol near the city entrance, as he told me we should do."

Each there finished the small amounts for what they had for eating to start with, and they checked that they had the defensive arms ready with them, and getting ready quickly they soon left Trysina's home through the front way, the riders carrying still an extra fruit along, for the urban camels still waited there, and the fruits were given to them.

Gasha asked, "What about the others who came with us, who went to Lucion's home?"

Trysina, in Lucion's body, said, "I will ride over to his home, I know that place and have been there before, and I will let them know we are going on our way to the city gate, where we entered, to try to meet Arapegol who would teleport himself there, and that they could all go there to join us. I will then be right back to ride there with you."

Iperanton said, "Then hurry, take that urban camel for Lucion too."

Gasha, in Jaydeen's original body, said, "You riders should turn your urban camels that other way, I will transform now to my fast running beast form, and Klara can ride on my beast form to get to the city gate quickly, ahead of the rest of you. Then you ride that way without my beast form agitating them."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Trysina in Lucion's body had already left riding on the same urban camel as before going the other way toward Lucion's home, and the riders each on their own urban camel had turned them to watch Trysina riding off that way. Gasha in Jaydeen's body then transformed again into the fast running huge wolf form, and Klara in Arapegol's original body came and climbed on again for the ride, and the huge wolf ran then off along the way to the thoroughfare leading toward the gate that they had gone through before, while the urban camels had yet not turned again.

Before they did turn, Trysina had come to Lucion's home, in view from there, and the riders all saw Lucion in Trysina's body and the half giant, giving the dwarf Garvendag a ride on her shoulders, come out right then like they were ready to go. So they came back that way, and the urban camel Lucion had been riding, the one without a rider now, recognized Lucion, in Trysina's body, and then came forward, and kneeled to permit Lucion to climb on. Lucion then rode back with Trysina riding alongside, and the half giant still carried Garvendag along, behind them. The urban camels went faster though, and reached the others in a couple of moments.

Iperanton said, "Let us get going now, to be there as soon as we can be."

The riders who waited all had their urban camels turn back to face the way they would go, and together the riders had the urban camels go and speed up then to go faster, to then go that way toward the city gate. The half giant would have to lag behind, still, walking but in no condition to still run. But the riders saw as they came nearer that the gate was being left closed.

Galvishar said as they rode nearer to it, "No one will be able to come in or go out with the gate being left closed!"

Jaydeen in the elfin body said, "There might be strangler rotmonsters out there still."

Galvishar said, "Arapegol is still not there yet, where he would come back to as he said to you, Iperanton. Can he get back while the gate remains closed? What about if any strangler rotmonsters are out there beyond the gate?"

They came near the gate and Iperanton said, "It probably should not be a problem to him with strategic jumps with the teleportation he could use."

Someone was walking from that area in the direction they came from. But it was a woman. Still, something was familiar about her.
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 07-03-2023 at 01:05 AM.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast