Thread: ~Teen Titans: Skipping through Time~

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Teen Titans
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Recruiting ~Teen Titans: Skipping through Time~

Soleil Grayson, just freshly eighteen, trudged down the long halls from her room to the training room, headphones in and eyes glued to the holographic screen coming from the communicator on her wrist. She was looking for music to train with during her sparring match with her father. He had promised that after she turned eighteen, he’d start sparring with her holding nothing back. She’d spar with him as a kid, but Robin would always go easy on her. He wanted her to understand the basics, but he didn’t want her to get hurt.

“I’m ready!” She’d tell him. He’d chuckle each time.

“You will be one day.”

“Hey dad, I’m ready to kick your ass for once.” She said loudly, music blaring from her headphones. She looked up from the screen, closing it. Her father wasn’t there yet. Odd. He was usually waiting, ready to scold her for being late, monologues about how "Bruce would have never stood for tardiness" flowing from his mouth.

She grabbed her staff, ready to use it in case he decided to sneak attack, and inched forward.

“Dad? You here?” She called out. Silence. She pulled up her communicator and tried to call her dad. No answer. She tried calling her mom - again no answer. Okay, this is not good. She thought. She ran to the main control room to check the locations system to see if they were registering. Nothing.

“Where are you guys?” She asked aloud, a combination of aggravation and worry making her voice gruff.

She checked their last ping.

“Slade’s domain? Why would they be there?”

The screen started flashing both Robin and Starfire’s profiles.

COMMUNICATIONS OFFLINE

Sol had to find them, and fast.

~

Soleil made her way through Slade’s lair carefully, but swiftly, searching for her parents.

Ah, the fledgling has arrived. Here to save mommy and daddy dearest? Slade’s voice echoed through the lair. You’ll need to hurry. They don’t have much time left.

The sound of an analog clock ticked over the intercom.

“I’m coming for them, Slade. And then, I’m coming for YOU!” Soleil shouted.

In the distance, she heard a metallic banging. A pipe hitting something, or something hitting the pipe. She made her way towards the sound.

As she searched, the sound started to grow faint in power. She was still getting close, but the pounding sounded weaker, as if they were losing strength.

“Keep going, I’m almost there!” She knew she was close - if they could just hold on a little longer.

Rounding on the room the banging was coming from, the banging stopped, and then so did the ticking. Something hitting the floor caused a loud clatter, just as Soleil scanned the room and found what she feared most.

Her mother, Starfire, laid lifeless in a pool of blood, ran through with a weapon.

Her father, Robin, laid with his staff next to him. He was propped up against the wall next to a large pipe. He was riddled with holes, surrounded by blood. He had used what little strength he had left to sound out where they were.

A tear fell down her cheek.

“I will avenge you. No matter what cost.”

-Current year: 2023-

Soleil arrived at her destination, Jump City. Great, she was where she needed to be. She looked around. It looked different. That was not great. She should have landed just a few hours prior to her parents being slain, and this didn't look like home. Soleil lifted her arm, checking the communicator on her wrist. Her comm wasn't working, searching for signal.

"I guess I won't be able to use this while I'm here. I just hope it doesn't interfere with me getting back.." She placed her hands on her hips and surveyed her surroundings. Titan Tower was just off in the distance. "I only have a few hours.. I wonder when they left. I need to check the tower and see if I can catch them." Soleil made her way to the tower.

She reached the front of the tower and tried to buzz herself in. It wouldn't work.

"Weird. I wonder if Dad was running maintenance this morning..." She tried again, but it wouldn't budge. She'd have to find another way in. She couldn't necessarily sneak in through her room, in case her other self spotted her. She checked her comm, at least it was still showing the time. It looked like her other self would still be sleeping. She might have a shot at sneaking in. She made her way to her bedroom window, and slowly pushed it up. She had made sure to grease it up real good so that she could sneak out. It was sticking. That struck her weird. She made sure to go as easily as she could, and got the window open. Then, she hoisted herself into her room. She looked around. It was decorated differently.

"I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore..." She whispered to herself.
    Last edited by Nymian; 07-07-2023 at 08:21 AM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Teen Titans
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

{{Bump}}