Thread: (M)Torpolia and the Threatening Creatures(GodlyD&D and Isabella1503)(IC)

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Default (M)Torpolia and the Threatening Creatures(GodlyD&D and Isabella1503)(IC)

Torpolia, city with the dungeon and threat from alien creatures

Torpolia was the main city of the federation of cities in Endemonia, and other cities there grew with influence from the development in Torpolia. The old king over that city, Alford, son of the first king, was generally not seen anymore, except by important individuals in especially important circumstances with appointments. Heads of the factions were in the position for initiating new policies when needed, judging between disputes, and dealing with prosecuting those greatly disturbingly the order there. This city still had stiff competition between businesses of the merchants there, and loose gangs of vagrant individuals were yet an occasional threat to unguarded persons in some of the neighborhoods.

This situation was interrupted with news from some metalworkers that some strange guy was seen in the night before the news came out, changing into a dangerous animal. When this sensational information reached the heads of the factions, one of them, Rigardon, a leader of a guild familiar with use of supernatural things with which extraordinary items and artifacts were constructed for the interests of the wealthy individuals who could afford such things for their own purposes, told the other heads, "This cannot be any of the individuals of our city or any of the others of our federation, or of the farms around any of the cities. This capacity of any being that switches forms to that of another creature is one that would be just of such beings of transcendent realms beyond our reality, where there are beings that never come to an end, such as where souls of the departed might go."

Another head at this meeting, Tundimon, leader over the bards and entertainers, said, "We must still gather individuals with enough abilities to cast such a being away from Torpolia. We know there are some who are promising enough for sending out for that."

Rigardon said, "Those ones would really have to have especially great abilities to deal effectively with such a one coming from any of those transcendent realms beyond our reality."

Tundimon said, "I and any of you knowing of such persons with enough abilities among the guilds we head can bring news of this needed mission to them. We would then meet again bringing the ones we find, to commission them for this work, promising great reward to them for the accomplishment when they would achieve that."

Tundimon soon met those of his guild of bards and various entertainers, at a meeting place they shared, where they were easily summoned for a meeting late in the day. Tundimon explained the circumstances that had been brought to the attention of the heads in Torpolia.

"We now understand that this being who is now a threat in our city is one with lycanthropy, and does not remain as a human, but is some other a beast, a predator. Those who can be sent have to deal effectively with ridding our city of that being. Rigardon and his guild might have artifacts which can help to do that, but he and his guild will want some recompense for permitting use of any such thing."

Jorandal spoke, "If you need volunteers, I will speak for being available for that."

Tundimon recognized Jorandal.

Jorandal was a young man of about 25 standard years. He was slim with a broad chest and strong arms. His facial hair was light and did not contrast with his light brown hair, over a very lightly tanned face.

Jorandal had been trained as a fighter among those becoming warriors. Discouraged by circumstances around that time, he switched to another class, joining the bards.

Kelith, leader of the Druid's guild, stood before the members. She thoroughly explained each detail that had been made available to her. "The culprit is a lycanthrope, it had been recorded these beasts can be deadly. It will take a great skill to help the council rid our city of this individual. They are seeking volunteers for this endeavor. I have explained the risks and knowing your own abilities, I hope we can represent this guild," she spoke. Her robes flowed around her. Silver hair pulled up in a bun with two sticks were holding the bun in place with leaves carved into the wood. Her skin was tan and the elements had taken their toll. She walked with a gnarled stick to help her balance. She had been I Jared years ago and took over the guild operations.

Convine sat on a bench thinking about the chance. She played with her mahogany colored hair. Little beads and carved leaves of wood decorated her hair that came to the middle of her back. She had it half pulled up with a leather thong today. She dressed in greens and browns to blend with the forests. Her elven ears poked from her hair, she was at the age of 22 elven years. Her dress was long and tailored to her 5'3" tall body . As the material passed her hips it split giving her room to run climb.and do whatever needed to be done. Her feet were clad in soft leather boots. She liked to leave as little damage to the earth as she could. The opportunity was an interesting one. She had experience with lycanthropes. Usually on friendlier terms, but she could hold her own against one. "I wish to volunteer," she said standing holding a staff of redwood with vines carved along it till it reached a jem of green.

Kelith nodded. "You have just returned from the forest, are you sure?" she asked Corvine.

She smiled and nodded. "I need to get used to the city once more," she said. Kelith took her name down and submitted it. "You will need to report to the council in the morning with the other volunteers," she said . Corvine nodded "Yes miss," she said, bowing.

The next morning there was a group of eight volunteers brought in, when the heads met for reaching decisions for dealing with issues here now that a lycanthrope came to Torpolia.

Tundimon said, "I found a couple among the bards and entertainers I lead who could have such special abilities for this. But only one among them remained certain that he was right for this mission, with skills that he has. I introduce Jorandal to you, one who has skills learned as a fighter for becoming a warrior, who yet joined my guild and has learned special things that can be accomplished as a bard. Yet as I told him and others, the nature of this mission to deal with such a lycanthrope call for those going to be equipped with an artifact of power, such that Rigardon's guild might build."

By a water fall reading a book and a werewolf by my side.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    My number one is werewolves. then vampires and then fanatic. I do love a good slow burn as well
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Kellih stepped forward after Tundimon finished. " i have also found one among my druids that can assist in this search. she has plenty of experience with all manners of creatures and beings. i bring Corvine Moonshade before you, she has been to the depts of the forests researching all manner of healing and magics. as a healer and her offence and defense will be a cornerstone to any group " she said standing aside for Corvine to stand.

Corvine stood ready beside her guild leader and bowed " I'm ready for what ever may come, i have the experience of all manner of shape changing beings including lycanthrope. " she said ready to help how ever she could
    The only limit is YOUR mind

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Elgariss leader of herbalists stepped forward then, introducing Ilmiena and Eriton, who were both young people in great shape, saying of them that any dealing with cases of lycanthropes should have such who were knowledgeable about special herbs that could be effective with those beings as these two would be.

Tondabal leader of fletchers stood next, and introduced his promising candidates who could help in the pursuit of this lycanthrope, Sanapin and Vilicod.

Rigardon stepped forward, and said to the others, "It is true an artifact of power is useful for dealing with such a threat to this city as this. Yet such an artifact is very costly, as there is so much work involved for one of them, and the materials for such are rare. And to use any one such artifact takes knowledge that is held by very few. I have a couple here from those I lead, this man and this woman, who are willingly available, and there is an artifact that is granted to one, Finachor, to carry and make use of, which he has knowledge for. Sintacel here will have this rare wizard wax candle along, that will reveal to her where she lights it things that were secret, like thoughts of others near her. I recommend that two teams are made for searchers to find and deal with this lycanthrope in the effective ways they can. They will go together to the witnesses where the metalworkers are busy with their crafts that can describe what they saw. One team then should take one side of the direction where that being was last seen going, and the other team will go along the other side, to increase the opportunity that this being will be found. One team can be with Finachor, and the other team can be with Sintacel, that there is an item with power with either team, which those two themselves manage."

The teams were commissioned to go at noon that day, with coming to the metalworkers to start with, to search from there right after that.
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 04-11-2022 at 01:13 AM.

By a water fall reading a book and a werewolf by my side.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    My number one is werewolves. then vampires and then fanatic. I do love a good slow burn as well
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Convince had returns to her room at the guild and gather everything she might need. Herbs for healing, daggers sharpend, coin and anything elce she could need . She arrived back just befor noon to meet with the team she was a signed. She hoped they would have luck in finding and disposing of such a creature.

When her group gathered she nodded " lets take care of this shall we " she said ready when the rest of her team was

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Jorandal was on this team with Corvine, along with Sanapin one of the fletchers, carrying a bow and five newly made arrows in a quiver, and Sintacel with the special wizard wax candle. They were assigned the right side along the way the lycanthrope was seen going, the others on the other team was to go along that way on the left.

When questioned, the overseer of the metalworkers said to those eight, "I and four others with me saw the night before last this apparent man, ugly though, in the alley there across from this property, he hunched over and rapidly changed shape, his head became quickly longer, and was like that of a very large wolf. He was then hairy all over, and claws with talons were in place of where there were hands and feet of the one who had been just like a man. He ran out from the alley this way, grabbed a bag from a lady that was nearby, who screamed. I and those four workers with me ran out from this property, with rods of metal we had on hand, after that one who had been like a man and was now more like a huge wolf. But he was fast, going back along the alley, outrunning us and becoming lost to our sight in the darkness that was further on."

Finachor, holding the impressive artifact of power shaped rather like a satchel with openings along it in several places, said to the rest, "We must go along this alley then, and where there are turns from it, I and those of you with me will go to the left side of the way, and Sintacel with the others of you will go on along the right side. We will look watching carefully for any signs of this wild being's passing, and find out any information from any witnesses along the way. Let's go!"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

They all entered the alley together, Finachor's team along the left side of the alley, Sintacel's team along the right side of the alley, and they continued on looking for any signs of the creature that passed through here a couple of evenings before, behind buildings with back entrances remaining closed, garages which had stayed closed, large trash cans which at times had the trash collected to remove, and a few high chain link fences to small enclosed yards. After a long way with no clear indications of the one they looked for, they came to where one street came to the alleyway from the left, and a driveway to the right from there went a long way to home structure built like a tower, with a yard with a picket fence around it. The teams split up more then, Finachor's team went along the street on the left, looking carefully all along it, and Sintacel's team, with Jorandal and Corvine, went along that long driveway toward the structure like a tower, with a yard with a picket fence going around it. They looked carefully along the way, until they came to the picket fence.

Jorandal said, "There! What we looked for! It's a vegetable garden full of greens, and see? There is a trail through here where they are all trampled, going along the side of the tower, and further!"