Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sci-fi Fantasy anyone?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, and lots in-betwen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil_Hugger View Post
    Great. How much does fantasy factor in? I’d like to know so I can start thinking of character ideas without being too high or low fantasy.
    I would recommend getting familiar with the Starfinder setting if you aren't already. There are a few extensive SRD's you can find with a ton of info and stats and such for building your character. While there will be slight adjustments on the lore and other things that I will hopefully be able to cover before we get started, that will generally be the guideline, so technology and magic coexist and help things run and are prevalent throughout most of the known universe.

If needed I can also provide a paraphrased overview (something that will likely also be in the initial post of the OOC in a more developed form)
    Last edited by Nitestrike776; 05-31-2022 at 08:23 AM.

New Forum Person Billy Bill Bill's Avatar
    Billy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

can yer let a feller like me jhoin?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I don't see why not

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Alright, thanks!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitestrike776 View Post
    I would recommend getting familiar with the Starfinder setting if you aren't already. There are a few extensive SRD's you can find with a ton of info and stats and such for building your character. While there will be slight adjustments on the lore and other things that I will hopefully be able to cover before we get started, that will generally be the guideline, so technology and magic coexist and help things run and are prevalent throughout most of the known universe.

If needed I can also provide a paraphrased overview (something that will likely also be in the initial post of the OOC in a more developed form)
    @Yggdrasil_Hugger;

https://www.aonsrd.com/ would be a great place to start. Watch out for the third party stuff.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Thank you, will definitely check it out
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitestrike776 View Post

There will be plenty to learn, it seems, so do share generously in the overview to share and to start the OOC thread.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Another question: will we be using actual Starfinder rules for the game, or will it be more free-flowing/narrative?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I'm not too familiar with Starfinder but I love sci-fi/fantasy settings. I'm willing to join in. If you'll have me, of course.
    Last edited by ElizabethStark; 06-01-2022 at 10:26 PM.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alrighty! There have been many great questions and posts and I definitely want to get to all of them so I'll do my best to in this response:

@Enigma: THANK YOU, yes that is a great resource, though it is a bit lacking on background, I hope to tackle the general lore background stuff in my initial post in the OOC I'm working on, which should give everyone a good foundation, though I'm 100% up for answering more specific questions as needed (Also questions can be asked here as well as the OOC is still in progress. ^^; )

@GodlyD&D: Thank you! I've actually been reading up and prepping an OOC post to cover the big things, but my last few days have been very full and I've been super drained, so I haven't gotten to work on it as much as I've wanted but I did a ton of prep reading lore and planning, and just geeking and nerding out today during downtime at my job, so I hopefully will be able to crank that out soon! You are absolutely correct, there is quite a bit to learn, and I appreciate your input truly

@Yggdrasil_Hugger: So my plan is to use the Starfinder rules for most things, but have the actual posts in the IC be more free-flowing written so people can sort of embellish with details upon their basic actions and thoughts. Mechanical stuff will be done in OOC along with questions and any explanations. It might seem a bit big and unwieldy, but I'm hoping that with some practice and patience we can get it down and fine-tune it and figure out what works and what does not <3 on this note I'm up for suggestions as we go and for adjusting things as we need!

@ElizabethStark: You are more than welcome to join! I'm happy to help and answer questions, and hopefully will even be able to ACTUALLY assist you in learning about it

-----------------------------

Now some notes for things I've got rattling around in my braincage since planning this venture:

1. This is definitely going to be slow-going given the forum format. Hopefully everyone is okay with this, as I know not everyone will be able to reply or react in a timely fashion. Especially in combat this will slow things down, but hopefully we will be able to get through it, and people will have at least a day or two during the week they can check in and make sure they're getting to do stuff so everyone is included.

2. I'm loving that we have people interested, and at the end of this post I'm going to do a check-in to get an accurate count based on who has messaged and what my perception of their current interest/desire to participate is so we can get an accurate read on who is interested and clear up any misconceptions. Ideally I'd like to cap things at like 6 people (not counting me of course) so we can have a quicker flowing game, but we can expand that if we get a lot of interest possibly so long as everyone is open to that. That being said, if you aren't feeling the system or the vibes aren't right, or whatever, please do not feel obliged to participate, even if you earlier stated you were interested, I would hate for anyone to feel stuck doing this <3

3. Thank you all so much, I'm excited at the possibility to get to do this, even if it only lasts for a little while!

4. Planning on having this be a mature roleplay, as there will be violence, death, substance use, and likely other adult themes present in the campaign, hoping this is not an issue with anyone, but if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to mention them here or ask in private if you are more comfortable doing so!

-----------------------------

Okay! With all of that being said, here is my list of people who have messaged and shown interest and whatnot:

1. @Yggdrasil_Hugger - Has stated interest in participating
    2. @Azazeal849 - Mentioned two other people to see if they were interested, not sure if they are also interested? O.O
    3. @GodlyD&D - Has stated interest in participating
    4. @Enigma - Has stated interest in participating
    5. @Billy Bill Bill - Has stated interest in participating
    6. @ElizabethStark - Has stated interest in participating

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast