Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: A Ripple in the Drift OOC [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, and lots in-betwen
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'm definitely willing and able, just let me know when you're free!

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Have we a link to the IC?
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I've not created it yet, I'm planning on creating it with the opening post tonight now that I'm home, I'll let you know when it's up

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Alright
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Excitedddd.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

So I'm getting prepped to work on the initial post for the IC thread. So far, @Yggdrasil_Hugger, @ElizabethStark, and @Highland Sniper are done with their character creation, with Elizabeth and Highland planning to be in the same ship (last I saw), and Yggdrasil having not made any specific choices for a type of transport to be on as of yet. Everyone should be on a sizeable passenger transport type ship traveling through the Drift, though it could also be some sort of Space Cruise ship, or a cargo ship, or something else similar. If anyone else wants to be on the same ship initially, that's fine too so long as they make it known and everyone agrees, and if you have any questions about ships or want to just be on a random ship and have me make something up and tell you what it's like, that's fine too, just let me know!

As for @Enigma and @GodlyD&D, I know you are still working on character stuff and getting things set up, please let me know as questions come up via DM (this goes for everyone actually), and don't feel pressured to rush through it, I just want to get the IC set up so we can get initial posts going so those who are finished can get an initial post or two in. Everyone will have that opportunity and we'll make sure everyone is getting to post and interact with things as evenly as we can get.

Super hyped to get started everyone! Hope to talk soon

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alright, I am about to post the IC and will include the link here once I do so. Initial posts can be varied from occurring only during the time traveling through the drift picking up right at the present day, or can even include short scene(s) prior to your travels, so long as it ends up with you on a transport within the confines of the drift on the present day. You don't need to get specific on the days in cases of time-skips for preliminary scenes for these posts, as the posts I make will generally keep track of those things as they change.

Take this time as an opportunity to show or reveal some things about your characters that will give people a good idea of who you are, but still leaves some things undiscovered to be learned later in character interactions. Please make it relatively clear when dialog or description is occurring using things like quotation marks for speech, italics for thoughts, bold for emphasis, or any style you specifically use that clearly differentiates the different parts of your post. (This may end up in the guidelines somewhere for future reference). As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

As we progress, you may want to ask in the OOC about things you want to do that may require rolls, or if something you want to do contextually is available or make sense for the current area/setting before you do your IC post. You can also ask these things of me privately if preferred. Once you have the answer, result of your roll, etc. from the OOC or any conversation we've had, you can proceed to make your post with that information or result showing in your post, as well as how your character responds or reacts, and other details you want to add. This will hopefully provide more depth to actions than "I try to climb the wall" or "I shoot the gun at the dude and miss".

Super minor side note: I do the sparkle effect on "The Drift" for fun, just because I enjoy it, but if it becomes a nuisance I can stop, however no one is required to do that in their posts haha.

And with that, let this adventure commence!

Link to IC : https://role-player.net/forum/showth...=1#post3110511
    Last edited by Nitestrike776; 06-19-2022 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Added IC Link

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

And I goofed and attempted to add the effect into the title cuz I'm so sleepy from working on this and other related things for hours x.x how embarassing, anyone have an idea on how to fix that?

Edit: Nvm figured it out, time for sleep TuT
    Last edited by Nitestrike776; 06-19-2022 at 08:53 AM. Reason: update

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Sweet! Super excited - will get my initial post up some time today.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

One thing I should point out about Iris - it is not known that she is Irene Bakhvalova.

Very few people would even have a reason to know Iris is Irene. Her mother, if asked, would deny Irene was missing, she's just away at university. Would be kidnappers would concentrate on the Ivy league colleges, not the minor polytechnic Iris went to, and likely wouldn't be looking at the mechanics. Wealthy daughters of CEOs don't become mechanics.

So if she's outed, Iris will likely consider that the person is either: a surveillance plant put there by her mother; or someone out to kidnap her.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast