Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Tales of the Highland [IC]

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Malyss didn't say anything for a moment, his eyes were still on the woman - sounded like nothing more than another madman attempting to strike claim... but could there be more to it? Perhaps. May Haimer was a bit of a distance but he had been on the road for over a decade, therefore, going that direction couldn't possibly hurt his travels.

He finally turned away from the woman, who seemed... afraid? There was something off with her. He would keep an eye on that.

Malyss faced the man who had mentioned him, "I come in search of something," Malyss felt no need to tell these folk of his escapade, "something heinous." He clenched his fists in anger but after only a moment he let that anger subside and his fists relaxed.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Well consider it a standing offer if you change your mind." Morgan replied in response to the woman.

"Some-thing you say?" Hamish cut in, addressing the tall newcomer. "There's things in the woodland alright. Fae's and God knows what. A few folk have gone missing in the last few months. Although what took them is anyone's guess."

"Margaret Campbell lost her husband some three weeks ago. He was the last one." The Blacksmith added. "She lives on Nether Street, at number nineteen if you're looking for a lead."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Finley turned at the mention of fae leading people away. What were they doing? Most fae wouldn't do something like this without provocation.
    No way she's backing out of the hunting trip now.

"I'll keep that in mind" She said and took another sip of her mead, "it... couldn't hurt, I suppose."

Still, something was going on in the nearby forest. She had to learn more.
    "Uh, were the missing all men?" She asked.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Another thing to catch Malyss' attention, "Missing, you say?" He replied with vague curiosity in his voice. He had his doubts that it was Helena but he never turned down a possible trace - and this certainly was a lead. Not to mention that if this was a fey they needed to be put down and quick. He listened closely to what this man had to say next after the woman's response... however, the response she gave had his scrutiny. She might know something about fey if her question was about them being all men.

"Thank you, Master."

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"I think so." Morgan nodded. "Campbell, Aikins the baker, Edmonston, he was a farmhand..."

"Don't forget Hutchison. He was uncle to our Lord Ferguson. That just whipped the town into a frenzy." Duncan reminded.

"Of course. Adair was the first to go missing and he was well liked. Uproar didn't do it justice." Morgan's brow furrowed. "What prompted you to ask that?"
    Last edited by Rothwell; 07-17-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"Uh... well," she started and looked around the table, "When your friend he was being led away by a woman, and then you mentioned others were missing... I was just curious."

She looked down a little, trying to avoid everyone's gaze. The question had drawn too much attention.
    "I'm sorry for the loss. it sounded like some of them were good men."

Some of the other fey must be upset about something, or just causing trouble. Couldn't they see this only made things worse? Causing trouble with humans only made them mad. These people... as troublesome as they could be at times, were amazing.
    In either case, either some idiot siren is trying to get the forest burned down, or someone's upset her.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

She knew something... Malyss suddenly got up from his chair and threw a coin on his own table for the barmaid. He towered over the table of men and the woman, "You all mentioned something about hunting, I'm up for going if you'll have me." He purposely ignored to continue the conversation about the missing persons, "We can meet here at dawn, now, if there are no objections I must be getting along." Malyss wanted to meet with this Margaret individual before it got too late.

"Thank you, Master."

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"That's fine." Duncan called after the departing man. "Might be a little after dawn though. Breakfast, and all that."

"Ahh, food. That reminds me." Morgan stood up with a wince and massaged his aching shoulder; swinging a hammer all day wasn't a recipe for comfort. "I promised Molly I'd help with dinner tonight."

"Those wains of hers need more discipline." Hamish quipped.

"She's doing fine." It was a lie, and Morgan's friends knew it. He made his way to the door.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"Maybe I can help," Finley offered, "I'm not a bad cook if you and your sister would like some extra help."

She finished her mug, and left a shilling in it before following behind. It might help get her mind off of things, or focus on others. And it was always good to help others. Means they're more likely to help out later.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Morgan smiled his appreciation at Finlay's offer, holding the door for her as they left the premises.

"Thank you. Molly usually has things in hand, but juggling dinner and a pair of little ones can be a tall order for a single parent to handle." The blacksmith noted the questioning look and filled in the blank. "Her husband was a good man, and a great father. He met his end a year ago at the axes of those Viking barbarians when they raided the port. Luckily my Molly has all the support she could ask for. Even our father occasionally takes a break from the forge to lend a hand."

It was pleasant, Morgan reflected, to have someone to walk and talk with that he hadn't known for years. Fresh ears gave him a fresh perspective on his, admittedly, uneventful life in Kirkcaldy. It sparked his interest in the world outside, and the life of this newcomer.

"Oh, where are my manners?" He slapped a hand to his forehead. "I just realised I haven't asked your name."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast