Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: [M] Tales of the Highland [IC]

Wolf of the Highlands
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Finley concentrated some more as she heard her name being called.
    She took another breath and focused her energy on the water, how she wanted it to move.
    The water rose from the well in a large column before snaking it's way onto the fire.

Finley opened her eyes, emitting a small green glow as her ears twitched in concentration. Any passers by that could spare a glance would see a fox starting at the commotion with gleaming green eyes, if they bothered to look at anything other than their task, or the floating water before them.

soon the flames of one house was put out, and then the next closest was being hosed down by the now flying water.
    Several of the men and women did stop to stare at the water, and the rare few that saw the strange fox decided to go about doing something else.

"Well don't just stand there! There are still yet more fires. move!" A man shouted, and followed his own advice heading over to the farthest fire, "We need a new bucket line. we'll meet the flying stream half way!"
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The tide was turning on the battle against the flames. Morgan had stopped momentarily, mouth agape, at the sight of the water moving apparently on it's own will. But a blessing from the fay, which it surely was, wasn't something he could spare the time to celebrate. He refilled his bucket and continued the task.

Several minutes later the smell of water drenched, burnt wood dominated the neighbourhood. The blacksmith took a seat and wiped the sweat from his brow as his father approached him, his face grim.

"Who did we lose?"

"We don't have a full accounting yet. Roy Bathgate and Tavin Ewin met their end. The bastards ambushed them on a morning walk. Tavin managed to raise the alarm before he fell. They'll be a reckoning for this."

Morgan punched the stone he sat on.

"I have to find Duncan and Hamish." He said flatly. "If you see a young woman by the name of Finlay, ask her to keep an eye on Molly and the bairns until I get back."

"Aye. Be careful lad."

Morgan pushed back to his feet and began heading back the way he'd arrived.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

As the building collapsed around Malyss, the falling timber did not touch him and Megan.
    As he looked up, he saw a figure, a man made of flames holding the fallen beams aloft above his head.
    Their eyes met, and Malyss say nothing in them but the light of life in what looked to be a burning inferno of pure white flames.

With a sort of understanding, Malyss managed to pick up the unconscious Megan, and hurried to leave the collapsing building. And as Malyss turned to look back, the flaming figure turned, and let the building collapse before it was hit with a torrent of water.

And if one looked, they could still see the flaming figure as it walked away from the town.

================================

Finely, as soon as the flames were out and the embers properly doused, looked around before attempting to casually wonder off back towards the woods.
    Stopping by some shrubs on the way, she hid herself and looked around to make sure no one had followed her and was watching.
    Feeling reasonably safe, she returned to a more human form, and stealthily made her way back to town.

She went right over to where the wounded were being gathered, hoping she'd be able to help in some way.

================================

Hamish was supporting Duncan as they hobbled over to where everyone was having their injuries treated. They ran into Morgan on the way.

Hamish had suffered a gash in one side and over his left eye and was surly limping. Despite the pain he was surly in, he was grinning from ear to ear as he supported Duncan who looked much worse for ware.
    With one leg cut up so bad that it hurt to look at it with another gash down his right arm, a cut ear, and what looked to be a lot of bruises on his other arm, and face like he's taken on one man before getting into a boxing match with another. He barely looked conscious as it was.

"Oy! Morgan! Some fight. We sure showed them what for! HA HA!" Came the call from Hamish as they drew near.
    "Wha's uuuup." Duncan said as his eyes finally focused on.
    "He he. Duncan, here, the cheeky blighter. He took one four men and nearly got himself skewered by a fifth, and surly would have, had I not stepped in." Morgan said, "Our families are all safe, what about yours?" He asked with actual soberness on the subject.
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 08-13-2022 at 01:28 AM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Safe and sound, although my father was wounded." Morgan replied, his relief palpable as the sigh of his friends still alive. "Has the fighting died down everywhere else?"

"Aye. They tucked their tails twixt their legs and fled for the hills." Hamish exclaimed, clearly still hyped on adrenalin.

"The question is why now?" Duncan slurred. "Mayor'll want to hold a town meeting over this."

An unpleasant possibility occured to Morgan; namely the one that maybe the reason the smaller clan had opted to attack Kirkcaldy was because they backed by someone bigger.

"Questions for later." He said. "If you're safe and sound I'll go and find Finlay."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"Aye, time to get this lumux checked up. And myself for that mater." Hamish said, "You make sure she's safe. She seems an odd one, but mighty fine, too."
    And with that, he slowly made his way with Duncan to the gathering crowd, where they might get some treatment.

It wasn't long after that that Morgan saw Finley making her way towards the crowd with hardly a scratch on her.

"Morgan. Good to see you're ok." she said with some concern in her voice, "Except for that." she gestured to his leg, which was bleeding.
    He hadn't even felt it, and had thus far escaped his notice. It looked to be little more than a flesh wound.
    "Is everyone else ok? How about your sister?"

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Molly and the kids are fine; my parents took them to safety after the bastards invaded." Morgan replied to the outsider. "Where did you run off to? You had me worried."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"I was helping with fires elsewhere," she said a little hurriedly, "we should get back with the others. I'm sure there'll be plenty of wounded to help with. And I don't want that leg of yours getting infected."

And with that, she tried to lead him back to the growing crowd.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Morgan let himself be led, dimly aware of the pain in his thigh now that the adrenalin was finally wearing off. The flames were all out now, the smoke was clearing, the wails of the grieving had replaced the sounds of battle. Finlay helped him focus, her hand on his wrist anchoring him through the haze.

"Thank you. For helping." He said. "It seems leaving your home gave you the same trouble all over again."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

"I suppose it can't be helped," Finley said sadly, "it seems that you hu- people always seem to fight."

As they drew closer, they saw some of the more serious injuries. Nasty head wounds that were being tended to, and several more that seemed to have broken arms or legs.
    Some of them talked as everything settled.
    "- oh, they've always wanted our lands for their own."
    "But why now? What makes now any different from last week or last month?"

Finley tried to get Morgan to sit down so she could bandage his wound, putting some herbs over it before tying the bandage around it.
    "Now just sit still. You've been through quite a bit today, and I wouldn't be too surprised to find you've fallen on your face if you decide tl try walking." She said, "Youd've started to calm down by now, so your probably gonna feel exhausted."
    And with that, she went off to try and help the others. Looking around for anyone needing a hand, or another injury that needed seeing to.
    Some of the young that were feeling up to it were running around fetching the herbs, water, and bandages that were requested of them.

A little ways off, a small group of men sat around and spoke softly, though some raised fists and a near shout could almost be heard. Most of them were injured, and one had a splinted leg and makeshift croches.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Duncan had sat down heavily, his leg really beginning to throb now, but there was a growing numbness creeping in from the outside of the wound that was doubtless from Finlay's medical expertise. He was quietly impressed; he doubted any of the doctors in Kirkcaldy could've done a better job. He was dimly aware at that moment that Molly had exited their parents house and was heading over. He felt her hand gently rest on his shoulder.

"Had me worried, you did." She said in a tense whisper. Morgan put his hand on top of hers, and met her gaze with a strained smile.

"Ah, these Connolly men are weaker than tonic water. We sent them home crying to their mammies."

He could see how hard his sister was trying not to cry at the events of that terrible morning and appreciated the iron will it took to hold it together for the sake of her children.

"We'll do more than make them cry." She whispered. "Come inside and get your feet up. The children are missing there uncle."

Morgan bid as he was bid. In truth, he felt like could sleep for a week as he limped his way home.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast