Thread: FxA Seeking fellow writers.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Recruiting FxA Seeking fellow writers.

Limits: Characters and players must be 18+ No, this doesn't indicate I am looking for lewd.
    Pairing: Any
    Post Length Min/Max: At least one paragraph.

Hello, my friends call me Matsu. I've been Roleplaying for over two decades while keeping a universe alive and sharing it with others since 1999. I'm a female and prefer long-term stories but am not opposed to short-term. I believe strongly in character-driven plots. And unlike most, I feel the only way to build a narrative that we both can enjoy, contribute to and grow off of requires our OCs to be chosen first. Concerning my "literacy," I tend to put out 4-17 paragraphs depending on my partners. I in no way expect anyone to match as Roleplay is not a competition but collaborative. I can provide a sample upon request if desired.

Feel free to post here if you're interested or shoot me a DM.

I will post a sample from a RP I am after I submit this.

- - - Updated - - -

The jezebel's eyes tapered as she witnessed her son's mulling. Had her sermons gone unnoticed? Could it be he found one outside their race meriting such an encomium to be an effrontery? The title of Son and Daughter was not founded on genealogy but one's contributions. And few had suffered as much for their illustrious regime then that mer. Luckily for Ambroise, Samara would stow away such opinions, given she lacked firm enough ground to cast a reprimand. And being an astute lady, she wasn't one to chide off assumptions alone.

All such apprehension dissolved as the heifer went off to concur. Within his juvenile eyes was the pulsation of wisdom, edification that he had presumably been gleaned from his maternal figure. However, all such gesticulations of merriment wouldn't subsist for long. The sad realization of her query appeared to weigh heavily on the young chap. For the first time in his life, the heft of responsibility was placed on his bony shoulders. Soon he would come to terms with this nettlesome sensation. Nonetheless, for now, Ambroise would need to tread carefully.

Samara understood the aspiration to disperse empathy. It wouldn't take long for her chosen offspring to disappoint her. Nevertheless, one's need to appear virtuous can inflict great harm if misplaced. This disapproval wasn't concealed. No, she wanted the young man to behold it in all its connotations. Whether Ambroise was aware of it or not, he was being studied. She needed to translate his strengths and weaknesses and learn how to manipulate both best to bolster their house. A task, while critical, wasn't without a calculative risk.

While the boy writhed, the stony queen would stride back and forth. This movement likely intensified the palpable sense of dread. The once jovial atmosphere dispersed and encountered itself usurped by a hostile sensation. That aggressive aura was by design, a mode to further strain the chap and reckon his capabilities. In actuality, Samara wasn't entirely irate with the boy. She anticipated the charlie to behave childishly. Ambroise was a berk, an infant stumbling within a world he couldn't fathom.

Like all babes, he sustained himself on milk. His vision is incapable of glimpsing anything but black and white. But soon, he will fete on meat and observe as red and yellow materialized before his astigmatic peripherals. That repetitive stride continued throughout the totality of the lad's addresses—Samara's hands roosted above her rear perch while that spaded tail twitched with her stride. The act of tapping his fingers across his ribcage conveyed much. Not least of which was that the nincompoop had a pittance of wisdom. And while it was merely a seedling, it might one day blossom into something meritorious of appreciation.

Samara's knife ears hearkened to his final slew of words. That drivel was unremarkable and only additionally accentuated what she had deduced to be true. She'd then desist her steps and peer at the ninnyhammer she had for a son. Ambroise stood within the limelight of those binary sols of gold. The clangor of the metropolis went hushed as even the calls of the distant fowls succumbed to silence. The world beyond the two appeared increasingly distant, further highlighting a sense of isolation. Whether or not this was a tangible effect wasn't evident. But within Samara's mind, it was accurate enough of a descriptor.

A frown plastered itself across Samara's claret face. Meanwhile, she'd fortify her nerves and prepare to deliver a much-needed homily—a droplet of enlightenment that might help that before-mentioned kernel to sprout.

"Where was Claire when we stumbled? Not once, but twice. Where was she when our enemies beset us? Is it not her job to safeguard our people and protect the house's sanctity and interest? What good is a sword if it remains sheathed or absent? Of what value is a member who foregoes their obligations? The list of her transgression is not just limited to this day. No, it is built upon a foundation of delinquency, a pattern that predominantly has remained unchanged. Do you genuinely believe she is frantically wandering these streets and crying for your name? If so, how did she not gather to investigate that fire? Even I saw it from my little perch."

Samara turned to face the boy, stretching her talons as she motioned with them for the lad to come closer.

"Was it not her duty to investigate such a disturbance? You rushed, didn't you? And why was that? I expect it was curiosity intermingled with a desire to assist our people. Ambroise, my son, you have much to learn. Judgment shouldn't be carried out on one blundering alone. A wise ruler takes the entire picture into account. That is what separates us from the common folk. They live moment to moment, a luxury we can't enjoy. We must live for the future and consider a slew of variables. Each whisper, each push in and of itself, can manifest change. And change, while not intrinsically ill, can birth ruination. Absolutism and narrowness are pitfalls that claim countless victims. Chide not, my baby boy bleu, we will train your eyes to better perceive the world not as it wishes to be observed but how it functions."

Confidently, the ruby jezebel would retract the hand and toss her ashen mane back. That once frown dissolved and bent into a smile.

"You have disappointed me. I've entertained your outlook and will extract what I feel may be beneficial. However, no matter how erroneous, one must consider alternate viewpoints. Regardless of their position, everyone has at least a single grain of wisdom to impart. Nevertheless, make no mistake. If you pardon Claire now, her sins of tomorrow will be yours to bear. Such is the price of playing the chivalrous oaf. So, gallivant if you wish, but know that a guillotine is over your head. And at any time, it might snap. Everything you do moving forward will have consequences. It is, as I have said before. "Heavy is the crown." And yet many fools pang for it, oblivious of what such a station entails. Welcome to your new life. And the cost for building a better tomorrow for the nations is simple. Everything..."
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 07-17-2022 at 07:19 AM.

Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Dang. That is a large post!
    Welcome Matsu!
    I could be interested. Unfortunately my free time is not what it used to be and my posts can be glacialy slow.
    You are thinking fantasy primarily?
    It appears you may have a universe you prefer to operate within?
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hi @Matsu; and welcome to the forum! We hope you enjoy your time here and meet some new friends and writing partners.

Please have a quick read of our site rules - in particular the rules for RPs with mature themes, rule 5 (offsite advertising) and rule 10 (offsite writing). To explain a bit further:

Rule 5: We do not allow linking to external writing forums as we cannot control their content and therefore cannot guarantee the safety of some of our younger members; as such I have taken the liberty of removing the links in your posts. You are however welcome to copy your character archive into our Creative Corner.

Rule 10: We do not allow members to publicly post their Discord handles (or other contact information) for similar safety reasons; as such I have also removed this from your posts. However, we do have an RPA Discord server for chat and recruitment purposes (all actual RPing should be done on the forum) - if this is of interest to you, please PM a staff member (you can recognise us by our green or purple names).

Please also don’t be shy about PM-ing us if you have a question or need some further help finding writing partners. And finally, if you like it here, please consider giving RPA your vote on the roleplay site rankings (you can vote every day!)
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Hi @Matsu; and welcome to the forum! We hope you enjoy your time here and meet some new friends and writing partners.

Please have a quick read of our site rules - in particular the rules for RPs with mature themes, rule 5 (offsite advertising) and rule 10 (offsite writing). To explain a bit further:

Rule 5: We do not allow linking to external writing forums as we cannot control their content and therefore cannot guarantee the safety of some of our younger members; as such I have taken the liberty of removing the links in your posts. You are however welcome to copy your character archive into our Creative Corner.

Rule 10: We do not allow members to publicly post their Discord handles (or other contact information) for similar safety reasons; as such I have also removed this from your posts. However, we do have an RPA Discord server for chat and recruitment purposes (all actual RPing should be done on the forum) - if this is of interest to you, please PM a staff member (you can recognise us by our green or purple names).

Please also don’t be shy about PM-ing us if you have a question or need some further help finding writing partners. And finally, if you like it here, please consider giving RPA your vote on the roleplay site rankings (you can vote every day!)
    Alright, mind banning me? Because I do not trust my IP on your forum.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand your reasoning but I won't go against the counsel of my legal advisors and team.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Alright, mind banning me? Because I do not trust my IP on your forum.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand your reasoning but I won't go against the counsel of my legal advisors and team.
    Okay, did you read the rules here?

Spoiler: 3. Open source roleplaying

3.1-Any roleplay that you create is considered open source, as such RPA will not take any legal action should someone steal your work. This site is for fun, therefore, if you are worried about someone stealing something that you post here, don't post it.

3.2-If you want, we will close a game if you ask in a clear, polite, message to one of the rp moderators, and it will be moved to one of our archives. Do not ask the staff to delete a thread that encompasses the work of more than one individual, or posts that affect others' work. The answer will be "no". It's not fair to remove everyone's work for the sake of a single person.

3.3- Artwork and other literary work that is posted outside of the roleplaying forums are still your own based upon the rules and regulations of the site they are posted on.
    To protect any IP that you included in the opening post, I suggest editing that to remove it first.

A ban is rather melodramatic. Why burn bridges if you don't have to? If you find someone's writing to your liking, you could send them a private invitation later. Also, consider this as an ideal location to explore other writing not linked to your IP?

But if you would rather leave, it's better to ask for your account to be deleted. No penalty involved there.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤