Thread: Seeking Literate Partners! (OOC)

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Recruiting Seeking Literate Partners! (OOC)

Hi! You can call me Storm! I'm 25+ and the mom of a loud and demanding cat.

I’m a multiple paragraphs/novella style writer. I love to write detailed descriptions and delve into a character’s head/emotions as well as surroundings. I compare it to writing a novel together.

I only do MxF (with myself in the female role). I don’t double, but I’m more than happy to write side characters of either gender to help move the story along. I'd highly prefer female authors writing male characters.

Searching For:

- 21+ partners only

An excellent grasp of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. Both in character and out of character. (Literate to advanced writers only, please. I'm not looking for newbies)

- Plot before smut. While mature themes will be in my plots, and are even encouraged, there needs to be chemistry between our characters. I like to have a good mix of plot and tastefully written smut.

- An older male character (40s/50s+). I'm a sucker for the gruff and tough men with dark pasts who secretly have a soft heart. I also love grumpy, hypermasculine men being intimidated by soft yet commanding women. My girls are always 20+ so the age gap is legal.

- Enthusiasm to chat about our character and ship, how to crush them and then gushing over fluffy moments. I love crying over characters and what the heck they’re doing. I want my heart ripped from my chest from angst, then feeling like it’s going to burst from overwhelming cuteness. I want us to love these characters and the world we create. I want to make pinterest boards, spotify playlists, graphics, and toss headcanons back and forth until late at night.

- Have an idea for a ship? A scene? Found a picture that inspired you? Send it to me! Be invested when it comes to plotting/worldbuilding. There’s nothing worse than receiving one sentence in reply to two paragraphs of ideas, or having a doormat partner who says “sure” to whatever I ask. Building ideas one on top of the other, watching them snowball into amazing plot threads brings me joy. But having to pull plot ideas like I’m pulling teeth makes me think you’re not interested, and I will lose interest in return.

- While I'd prefer real life face claims, I'd also be open to using realistic art if you're uncomfortable with real life. Though I draw the line at anime/cartoon style art.

Faces I'd love to write as: gal gadot, rooney mara, ruth negga, saoirse ronan, sophie turner, jessica chastain, jennifer morrison, mia wasikowska, natalia dyer, brit marling, deborah ann woll, mackenzie davis, emmy rossum, adria adjora, chyler leigh, hayley bennet, tashi rodriguez, lily james, cara delevingne, maya hawke, katheryn winnick, elizabeth olsen, abigail cowen, sophia lillis, lauren cohan, zoey deutsch, paulina singer, crystal reed, hayley lu richardson, diana silvers, annalise basso, hailee steinfeld, daniella kertesz, millie bobby brown, ask about others

Faces I'd love to write against: jeffery dean morgan, hugh jackman, robert taylor (australian actor), jr bourne, jon bernthal, jason issacs, david harbour, frank grillo, iain glen, patrick petitjean, ethan hawke, christian bale, rory mccann, younger sam elliot, titus welliver, viggo mortensen, joel miller (tlou 2 / I will gladly pick an illustrated face to write against him), cillian murphy, toby stephens, stephan lang, jay harrington, jason priestley, temuera morrison, ewan mcgregor, ask about others

If you've made it this far, thank you! You won't be disappointed in writing with me and I try to reply daily if I can. Let me know if you're going to be inactive or can’t continue and I’ll do the same for you. Note that I have anxiety regarding that subject but I’m trying to get better about it.

If you suddenly stop replying ic and ooc, I'll drop the story after 2 attempts of gauging interest spaced a week apart. But feel free to message me if you want to pick the story back up again, even months later.

Below are genres and pairings I love. Feel free to combine as many as you'd like and I’m sure we can come up with something great! Current cravings are in bold. Two things I don't do are slice of life and historical plots.

Genres:
    - crimes in remote locations
    - spooky small towns
    - post apocalyptic/dystopia
    - supernatural/modern fantasy (werewolves, shapeshifters, werewolf x shifter, alpha x new werewolf)
    - southern/mid western gothic, suburban gothic
    - murder mystery (small town or big city)
    - modern/dark fairy tale retellings
    - sci-fi
    - little coastal towns or little towns in the mountains
    - emotionally charged/dark and gritty
    - superpowers/gifted
    - unresolved sexual tension/slow burn
    - redemption
    - modern day western (such as longmire)
    - hallmark movie inspired
    - culture clash/two characters from different sides

Pairings:
    - enemies to lovers/villain x heroine
    - cop x criminal
    - doctor x patient
    - friends turned lovers/pining
    - grumpy x sunshine
    - the broken man x the woman that becomes his light
    - fbi agents/cop partners
    - dark hearted man melting for the innocent woman
    - boss x employee
    - neighbors
    - single father x friend
    - firefighter/cop x victim
    - mentor x mentee
    - hurt/comfort
    - height differences
    - pet names (sweetheart, baby girl, kid, kiddo, little one, princess)
    - lady and the tramp esque/class difference
    - ex-con x anyone
    - bodyguard x assignment
    - widow/er falling in love again
    - biker x civilian
    - rancher/mountain man x city girl
    - affair
    - hitman x target
    - soul mates
    - experienced x inexperienced
    - local x vacationer
    - injured/scarred warrior washed out from their former glory x royal/heir-to-be (modern day / Sansa x Sandor inspired)
    - friend x best friend/boyfriend's father
    - daughter in law x father in law
    - park ranger x camper
    - bounty hunter x bounty
    - power imbalances

Tropes/Themes: the papa wolf/hot dads, cultured badass, jerk with a heart of gold. ladykiller in love, mountain man, mysterious protector, southern gentleman, knight in sour armor, red string of fate, villain takes an interest, porcelain to ivory to steel, when person a gets injured/kidnapped and person b goes absolutely feral to save them, cowboys, omegaverse tropes(including involuntary mate-bond, hierarchy, heat/rut, animalistic behaviors, dominate/submissive behaviors, possessive, courting, marking/claiming, scenting, pack dynamics, biting, shapeshifting)

tiny women and big men, the monster being treated gently for the first time in his life, two characters forced into positions where they have no choice but to reconcile their differences and grow together/trust each other, forbidden relationships, trying to escape childhood demons & reuniting in adulthood, love as redemption

Fandoms: (OC's only. I don't write canons, double, or do canon x oc)

Star Wars, X Files, Haven, Fringe, Stranger Things, Heroes, The Wolf Among Us, Mercy Thompson Series, True Blood, Marvel, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us

Last but not least, I have a list of kinks if anyone's interested.

Please be detailed if you do send me a message, let me know why you chose to contact me. Seeing only "hey do you wanna rp?" or “I liked so and so pairing” with nothing else is a guaranteed way to turn me off.

I look forward to hearing from you!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hi @stormsong; and welcome to the forum!

Please have a quick read of our site rules - and once that’s out the way, here are some other links to help you find your way around:

Downtown where you can get to know our members through random conversations and silly posting games

Entertainment section for discussing your favourite hobbies and interests

Here to browse or post group RP requests

Here to browse or post 1x1 RP requests

Don’t be shy about PM-ing one of the moderators (green or purple names) if you have a question or need some help finding writing partners.

And finally, if you like it here, please consider giving RPA your vote on the roleplay site rankings (you can vote every day!)
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.