Page 1 of 31 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Star Wars RP (name to be confirmed!) [Mature]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Historical 1x1, Sci-fi, Horror, AU
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Sci Fi [OOC] Star Wars RP (name to be confirmed!) [Mature]

Hi folks!

With Liz's permission and folks agreement, I'm taking over as GM for her star wars RP idea We didn't have any plot or anything so making this to give us a chance to chat and see what ideas we have!

KM was (maybe in jest! :P) speaking about zombies being in it haha

I've linked the original recruitment thread for you to check out if needed, and I will link this on it too for new folk to migrate

https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97241

Let's brainstorm!

Questions we need to consider before we start being:

1. Plot ideas
    2. Time it's set (after/before major events etc)
    3. Depending on time: do we have Sith/Jedi/Droids/everything and anything etc as characters
    4. Do we want canon characters in this or not included? And if yes, who?

I welcome loads of input and would love to get some ideas to bounce off one another There are no stupid questions or ideas folks so feel free ! x

Liv

Spoiler: Basic Sum Up 

Spoiler: Character Cards 
    Last edited by DuchessLivilla; 08-01-2022 at 05:25 PM.
    "Ye mustn't be afraid to ask for help. Pride is a good thing, my girl, but it will kill you in time." - Granny Weatherwax

Military, Slice of Life, Anime Fandoms
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Here's an idea for time it's set: YV Invasion.

The Grey Lady
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I still did quite enjoy the idea from the original recruitment thread in terms of the time period, and thus still allowing for Jedi (secretly) and Sith to exist in the canonically two opposing forces fashion.

That being said, that is my comfort zone, and the classic Sith hunting and seeking out to destroy the last vestiges of the Jedi is sort of well... classic.

I'd be down to try something a little less familiar like the YV invasion.
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

The Yuuzhan-Vong invasion was a galaxy-wide war with a previously unknown race that resulted in trillions dead.
    Including Chewbacca.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1.) My first problem was coming up with a plot that everyone would be happy with. So I'm not sure about that one.
    2.) We have so much to play with here, I'd personally say somewhere before the events of A New Hope. Now where in that timeline? Not exactly sure.
    3.) Yisssss. It would be awesome for players to get to play whatever they'd like, as long as we dont have like five siths lmao
    4.) Canon characters would be cool but that could potentially be a lot of work for the GM to play all NPCs. Not sure tho, just depends on what plot we are working with.

That's just my input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IrateIrukandji View Post
    The Yuuzhan-Vong invasion was a galaxy-wide war with a previously unknown race that resulted in trillions dead.
    Including Chewbacca.
    Now this I am not opposed to.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

If there’s an open spot, I’d love to join. I’m always down for Star Wars.

I’m also down for anything plot or time-wise. I’m only vaguely familiar with the YV Invasion, but it sounds very interesting. There’s also a lot of fun to be had as Jedi running from the Empire, or bounty hunters trying to make a living.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Historical 1x1, Sci-fi, Horror, AU
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

For sure

And yes, same, I will have a read up! It's not something I know a huge lot about but game to do new stuff
    "Ye mustn't be afraid to ask for help. Pride is a good thing, my girl, but it will kill you in time." - Granny Weatherwax

The Grey Lady
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I will also read up but it sounds like it could be totally awesome!
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethStark View Post
    this I am not opposed to.
    I am opposed to the Chewbacca dying part.

*I'd love to do Old Republic like thousands of years before Vader, Luke, etc. During the time of Revan.
    3. Depending on time: do we have Sith/Jedi/Droids/everything and anything etc as characters
    *Just not Star Wars without Jedi vs Sith.
    *Depends on the Era and how closely you want to stick to the final outcome. For example if we are doing Episode 4-6 era and we are sticking to Vader kills Emperor, Luke redeems Vader with no deviations, I rather play OCs or canons who who showed up earlier but were not in the movies.

As for the Yuz somehting Vong. I am familiar with the name sort of. I also know they were like immune to the Force or whatever and they used organic tech. Other than that I gots no idea.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRCmdrSheppard View Post
    I am opposed to the Chewbacca dying part.

*I'd love to do Old Republic like thousands of years before Vader, Luke, etc. During the time of Revan.
    *Just not Star Wars without Jedi vs Sith.
    *Depends on the Era and how closely you want to stick to the final outcome. For example if we are doing Episode 4-6 era and we are sticking to Vader kills Emperor, Luke redeems Vader with no deviations, I rather play OCs or canons who who showed up earlier but were not in the movies.

As for the Yuz somehting Vong. I am familiar with the name sort of. I also know they were like immune to the Force or whatever and they used organic tech. Other than that I gots no idea.
    Chewbacca dying wasn't my idea, it's in the expanded universe lore.

Anyways.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, two robot races called the Abominor and Silentium, respectively, had a war and destroyed the galaxy. Thing is, this galaxy was also the home galaxy of the Yuuzhan-Vong. This resulted in the Yuuzhan-Vong adapting to use strictly organic tech and ultimately the Yuuzhan-Vong leaving their home galaxy.
    They used to be force-sensitive, but over the countless years of traveling through the void, they became without the force and that makes them immune to most, but not all, force-based attacks.
    Now the invasion was caused because the YV wanted a place to live, even though they had become a more militaristic species from the aforementioned countless years of traveling through intergalactic space.
    Anything else you'd like to know?

Last edited by omgLYNX; 07-27-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Page 1 of 31 123 ... LastLast